LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-11-06, 11:46am
Storm Queen

Thanks Deborah! Beautiful bead, but then all of your beads are something special.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-11-06, 2:47pm
beads....mmmm

Thanks, Amy!

How's the new tutorial coming along?

::
Old 2011-11-06, 5:38pm
Storm Queen

I've had some stuff going on here so I haven't really been able to torch in the last few weeks. I hope to get back on track this week and get back to testing glass. I still have a month or more of testing and then I can start compiling it all. In other words...it will be awhile!

Old 2011-11-06, 11:50pm
beads....mmmm

We'll be waiting!

Old 2011-11-10, 9:27am
needs creative tagline

amy (or anyone else that knows) - without giving away the info in the tutorial itself, can you tell me which technique I would use to storm TAG Wicked? The first technique discussed or the alternate one for certain glasses?
thanks,
laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-11-10, 12:12pm
Storm Queen

Laura,
I've never used that glass before. But I can tell you how I approach working with a new glass color. I usually start out by doing the traditional storm technique and see how the glass behaves. If not much is happening or the storming won't "stick" then I'll switch over to heavy storming. Some glass won't do either well.

For those that have the new odd lots of DH glass that are lime green, they like heavy storming. It's what I used in these dots.

Old 2011-11-10, 2:22pm
Entropy increasing....

I finally stormed something. With Clio.

_DSC0006 by Kevanaponte, on Flickr
Old 2011-11-10, 3:04pm
Storm Queen

Dang Kevan...that's gorgeous! It looks like a blazing fire inside each dot.

Old 2011-11-10, 3:07pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Beautiful Kevan!

I want the new tut. My son just got into Mothra and Godzilla stuff and that webbing technique would make great Mothras!

Old 2011-11-10, 3:10pm
Storm Queen

I finally got back to testing glass colors today so it's coming along again. And you know you're my HH tutorial tester Amber so you'll be one of the first to get it....whether you like it or not.

Old 2011-11-10, 3:44pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I don't mind!

Old 2011-11-11, 7:40am
Ready to hit the road

Kevan, nice!!

Old 2011-11-11, 11:18am
Now in living color

Wow, Kevan,. very cool.

Old 2011-11-11, 2:06pm
Entropy increasing....

Thanks! And thanks for this great technique, Amy!
Old 2011-11-11, 2:53pm
Storm Queen

You're welcome Kevan. I'm glad you're having fun with it.

Old 2011-11-12, 8:49pm
Fried Cat

I just downloaded it. I'll show off my creations tomorrow. Can't wait!!!
Old 2011-11-14, 9:57am
Storm Queen

Thanks Shardi, hope you're having fun with it!

Old 2011-11-30, 12:06pm

I purchased this tutorial some time ago and I have to say, the response I get when people see a bead with something stormed on it is awesome!! Thanks Amy.

- Di
Old 2011-12-01, 11:01am
Storm Queen

Thanks so much Di....that makes my day.

Old 2011-12-01, 11:42am
I ate a big red candle!

Is it done yet?

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2011-12-02, 11:30am
Storm Queen

It's a ton of work to test all of this glass with my many webbing techniques so I'm thinking end of January to mid February. I'm hoping at least...

Old 2011-12-02, 11:40am
Wonder-wench

great tutorial, thank you.

Old 2011-12-20, 1:37pm
Still makin' flowers...

Oh drool. Can't wait!
Have your BHBs picked up at all on Etsy since they made you take that tag off them? Can you share what you've done, if so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-12-20, 5:35pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Oh drool. Can't wait!
Have your BHBs picked up at all on Etsy since they made you take that tag off them? Can you share what you've done, if so?
Thanks Hannah!

Sales have picked up on bhb a little but I'm not sure it's because of anything I've done. I did do a tag overhaul and used bhb, big hole bead, large hole bead, euro charm bead and european charm bead. I still use "fits troll bracelet" and "fits trollbeads" too. Also when someone asks if my beads will fit on their Pandora bracelet I educate them about the changes Etsy is making so they know how to search for all of us.

Old 2011-12-20, 5:36pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalMagicGlass View Post
great tutorial, thank you.
Thanks Elizabeth!

Old 2012-02-19, 9:34pm
Avada Kedavra

Just bought it! A friend recommended the tutorial after I saw her work. Can't wait to try it out!

Old 2012-02-20, 12:00am
Storm Queen

Thanks so much Desi! Please also thank your friend for me for referring you. I really appreciate that!
Amy

Old 2012-05-20, 11:47am

I just bought this tutorial and can't wait to try it.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:31pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Snail View Post
I just bought this tutorial and can't wait to try it.
Thanks so much!

Old 2018-05-18, 4:50pm

I bought the tutorial a while ago and I love it. Thanks for sharing this awesome technique!