LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-09-23, 7:52pm
Hello?

Default Making a Ghost Pendant

Been wanting to start making video tutorials for awhile and last week I finally sat down and did it

Just in time for Halloween, we have our very first tutorial ready to go.

Making a Ghost Pendant
http://www.avenuebeads.com/index.php...roducts_id=573

Available as an instant download or delivered on DVD.

If you purchase this I would love to hear some feedback after you've watched it.

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-25, 11:22am
Beadmaking.nl

Can you tell me what special I will learn?

Because I find it a lot of money for a very simple looking bead.

Old 2010-09-25, 1:48pm
Tweedle Dumb

If you don't think you will learn anything new from the tutorial, don't purchase it. You must already have the skill set to make them on your own... but not every one does.

Joe- I think he is one super cute ghost. Great idea to do it on video too, I'm a see-er/do-er, not a read-er/do-er. Always makes more sense when I can see what is going on.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-09-26, 12:56pm
Beadmaking.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
If you don't think you will learn anything new from the tutorial, don't purchase it. You must already have the skill set to make them on your own... but not every one does.

Joe- I think he is one super cute ghost. Great idea to do it on video too, I'm a see-er/do-er, not a read-er/do-er. Always makes more sense when I can see what is going on.
I rather get an answer from the one who is offering it, I think his name is Joe, not Jamie.

Last edited by Margrieten; 2010-09-26 at 1:00pm.
Old 2010-09-26, 1:44pm
Favorite color is shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by margriet@stainedglass.nl View Post
I rather get an answer from the one who is offering it, I think his name is Joe, not Jamie.
Margriet, I kind of understand your question about the special skill you may learn from this tutorial...but you just weren't very nice in the way you asked. Why?

Jamie is just simply saying if you feel the price is too much for your budget then, of course, it would be a bad decision to buy it. If you find the tutorial example too simple, then you probably can make one on your own and the pic will inspire you.

Joe's tutorial is just what I need... simple or not.... I'm loving anything simple right now.... whew*... I'm still a newbie and I need to know how to make the tail of that cute little ghost.

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE

Last edited by Seasoned Soul; 2010-09-26 at 1:47pm.
Old 2010-09-26, 7:46pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Just my .02, but maybe her question got lost in translation from the Netherlands. Just a thought.

Old 2010-09-26, 7:51pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Maybe her first post did, but her second didn't.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-09-26, 8:06pm
Cancer SUCKS!

I didn't read very closely, oops

Old 2010-09-26, 8:41pm
Favorite color is shiny

I promise I wasn't trying to be rude back... I just wanted Margreit to realize she came across in a "not so nice" way. We are all on different levels when it comes to what's "simple".

Plus, I just don't get publicly slamming anyone's tutorial. If you are going to say anything about it 1) say it to the author privately 2) say it in such a way that it comes across as constructive criticism....helping them in the long run.

It's been a rough day for me, maybe Margreit is having one too.

emoticons: use them, don't abuse them, be aware of them!!!

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-09-27, 1:09am

Cute Ghost Joe! It's 2 tutorials in one. Take off the eyes and you have a very lively sperm!!!!

Old 2010-09-27, 3:30am
Favorite color is shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Cute Ghost Joe! It's 2 tutorials in one. Take off the eyes and you have a very lively sperm!!!!
hahahahaha... i was thinking the same thing. love it!!

---> LE
Old 2010-09-27, 8:04am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned Soul View Post
I promise I wasn't trying to be rude back... I just wanted Margreit to realize she came across in a "not so nice" way. We are all on different levels when it comes to what's "simple".

Plus, I just don't get publicly slamming anyone's tutorial. If you are going to say anything about it 1) say it to the author privately 2) say it in such a way that it comes across as constructive criticism....helping them in the long run.

It's been a rough day for me, maybe Margreit is having one too.

emoticons: use them, don't abuse them, be aware of them!!!
I thought you said so in a nice way

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-09-27, 9:16am
Tweedle Dumb

Sorry guys, I wasn't going to say anything, but it really bothered me. Tried to be as nice as I could.

Joe

I mean Jamie.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-09-27, 9:39am
Hello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by margriet@stainedglass.nl View Post
Can you tell me what special I will learn?

Because I find it a lot of money for a very simple looking bead.
If you've been torching for years, you probably won't learn much. That is why it is labeled as a Beginner/intermediate tutorial.

If you want to learn how to attach a punty, put a hole in glass, and make a ghost, then you will learn something.

Old 2010-10-02, 6:09am
Mr. Cellophane

I still teach many lampworkers how to "put a hole in glass" even after they have been lampworking for 3 years or more. It's a great skill set that does take some getting used to if you don't know how to do it. Not as easy as it looks.

I think your tutorial would be a great buy for a beginner.

Libby