Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-02-14, 1:46pm
Professional glob maker!

Question Baby Shower Bead Gift Idea???

To start off, I am new to this site but have read SOO many tutorials that it's not even funny!! You guys are all so helpful and I was hoping to take advantage of that fact!!

My friend is having a baby shower this weekend and I was wondering if anybody had any brilliant ideas to share with me on I could make her! I'm not a professional but I will try just about anything! lol Please help me out!! Thank you for your time and have a wonderful rest of your day!
Old 2008-02-14, 1:49pm
A True Woofer

If you know what she's having and what she's going to name it, you could make a name bracelet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-02-14, 1:54pm
Professional glob maker!

Do you have a link on instructions for a name bracelet? Thanks!
Old 2008-02-14, 2:06pm
Sheryll

Lol, just make a tab bead (any squished one works) and "write" a letter with stringer on each bead, string it up for a bracelet. If the name is long, you can do initials.
Old 2008-02-14, 2:09pm
Professional glob maker!

Duh! lol Sometimes I don't get enough sleep at night and my brain doesn't want to work right.......hahaha Thanks a lot! Any other great ideas? I have all night and all day tomorrow to play around!
Old 2008-02-14, 2:15pm

A baby bottle?? A preggo goddess?? A baby?? Hee heee I would lov any of these!! Or do you know if its a boy or girl?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-02-14, 2:42pm

I've seen cute baby things but nothing I can remember. Can you do some babies? Round balls with pink and blue caps and eyes, maybe rosey cheeks? You need enough to lead the viewer to realize what it is but sometimes not as much detail as you think. It works in my mind but maybe not at the torch. I've never tried.
Old 2008-02-15, 7:40am

I recently made a suncatcher for a baby shower. I just used several different shaped bright colored beads strung on beading wire along with a crystal to catch the sunlight.

I had a hard time deciding what to make, since beads are such a choking hazard. I thought the suncatcher could be out of reach but still enjoyable. I like the idea of getting children hooked on beads at a very young age!
Old 2008-02-15, 8:13am
Professional glob maker!

The baby bead head is a cute idea, in the head anyways!! I would want to make a suncatcher for every window in the baby's room but I don't know how many windows! lol I was also thinking of the preggo goddess but getting that recognizable might be a difficult task! lol I had this key chain I got from a museum when I was preggnant and it was a clear preggo goddess body but there was a suspended baby in the belly! That would be the ultimate bead right there but I need an ultimate bead maker for that one!! lol Thank you so much for all the ideas! My friend and I are gonna get crackin on this today so we should be able to dabble on all these ideas!!
Old 2008-02-15, 8:42am
ID10T Problem Solver

I have used a big-holed mandrel and made pastel colored "rings" and hung them on a ball chain. The baby can play with it while the mother wears it.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-02-15, 1:03pm

I was going to suggest something similar to Jana. It is called a nursing necklace. You can take a piece of softflex and string on some fire polished beads and add some lampwork beads to it. Then make a circle, close it up with a crimp bead but be sure to add a soldered jump ring that is strong on the softflex before you close it up. Then just put it on a leather cord or nice heavy chain. Babies can be pretty strong so make it hefty in the construction. They can hold it or play with it while mom is nursing. I'll see if I can find a picture of some I have made for family members.

Old 2008-02-16, 2:48pm
Professional glob maker!

I'd love to see a picture of that nursing necklace! I just made a lot of matching beads and I am now gonna play around with a pendant. I will just make something special for mommy and spoil baby later!! lol