LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-19, 9:24pm

That looks so sweet Deb!! You are absolutely awesome!!!!!
Lori
Old 2011-08-19, 11:25pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Me again!!! ACKKKKKKKkkk....when I download, it wants a number now....accessruntime will not load without the numbers......pat
What number???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-08-20, 12:28am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Me again!!! ACKKKKKKKkkk....when I download, it wants a number now....accessruntime will not load without the numbers......pat
That sounds confusing - uninstall and reinstall I think!

Old 2011-08-20, 1:15am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hey Deb, thanks for answering. It wanted the number when you buy it! I tried again a bunch tonight, but no go. I did download the entire Suite for free trial. No problems
Restart. When I go to open Stash, box comes up and says I don't have Access....I am giving myself a headache. I will just wait until you post and get the other version. I had no trouble with the 1.2 loading.
Old 2011-08-20, 1:39am
Unmedicated since '62

Ok, so when did you download the free trial? And did the trial include access cos it only comes with the premium version of office,

Old 2011-08-20, 2:45am
Can't you see I'm busy???

Hi Deb!

Up and running on full Access 2010 in about 5 minutes!

StashMaster looks great - so colorful! Very intuitive!

Thanks for all the time and energy you have put in. You're going to the next Gathering!
Old 2011-08-20, 3:18am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassPuppy View Post
Hi Deb!

Up and running on full Access 2010 in about 5 minutes!

StashMaster looks great - so colorful! Very intuitive!

Thanks for all the time and energy you have put in. You're going to the next Gathering!
Great! I'm so glad it's working for you - do you like the new features?

Old 2011-08-20, 3:19am
Unmedicated since '62

Can you guys give me some suggestions as to other sites where I can promote SM?

Wet canvas is an obvious choice, where else?

Old 2011-08-20, 4:02am

did you promote at on Facebook?

|
Old 2011-08-20, 4:07am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam View Post
did you promote at on Facebook?
no, i'm a bit anti facebook (yeah i know, stupid) i do have a facebook account and never use it, this might be the perfect opportunity

Old 2011-08-20, 4:07am
Unmedicated since '62

all of those who've emailed me for the database, i wont be back to my computer till tomorrow - sorry, i cant send it from my ipad (what i'm on now)

Old 2011-08-20, 5:19am

ISGB?
Old 2011-08-20, 5:22am
Can't you see I'm busy???

Haven't spent enough time to really get the hang of all the new features. Will be giving it a go today.
Old 2011-08-20, 5:47am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn h View Post
ISGB?
Not sure who I'd talk to

Old 2011-08-20, 6:50am

what about the melting pot? not sure how many people are active there, but its worth a try I guess.
Old 2011-08-20, 1:03pm

I can post on ISGB and Facebook for you.

|
Old 2011-08-20, 1:11pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hey Deb. Yes, I did download the pro version that had Access with it. I am just going to clear out everything and start over.
Old 2011-08-21, 6:01pm

Astrid Reidel had a thread on all the lampwork forums around the world. Not all in English but the colours are still the same.

Thanks in advance
Nohline
Old 2011-08-21, 9:02pm
Unmedicated since '62

Default Issues with Access 2007 compatibility

ok its taken some testing, i had to find a computer in this household of nine (count them) computers that had an old version of Access on it

my husbands old computer has Access 2007 and its a 32bit machine - so i run the setup and get the message that i need to download the runtime all good

the setup then exits without finishing - not ideal cos it would be better if it just then took you to Microsoft to download the runtime but anyway, moving along

i go to MS and download the runtime for 32bit (logic would dictate this yes?) then i go back and run the install again - all good, it installs this time

i open SM and get a runtime error which is what i assume you guys that are having the problem got?

so just out of curiosity i go back and download the 64bit runtime, which in my mind shouldnt work because its a 32bit machine (i double checked)

now i open SM and it all works fine

so hopefully the problem is solved?

you need the 32bit runtime if your pc is running XP with service pack 3, but any other version of windows, regardless of whether your machine is 32bit or 64bit you have to download the 64bit runtime

now i know that a bunch of you are going to come back to me and say this doesnt work either

it solved the problem on this pc - hopefully it works for you guys too

Old 2011-08-21, 9:10pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Deb, I ended up just downloading the trial version of the whole kit and kabootle!! Now what do you think will happen when the trial period is up? And by the way, I tried 32bit and 64 bit(which I have) and neither would work for me.

Oh, and SM is working great!
Old 2011-08-21, 9:11pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Deb, I ended up just downloading the trial version of the whole kit and kabootle!! Now what do you think will happen when the trial period is up? And by the way, I tried 32bit and 64 bit(which I have) and neither would work for me.

Oh, and SM is working great!
oh good grief!

what operating system do you use?

Old 2011-08-22, 2:19am
Unmedicated since '62

Default transferring current data to 1.3

i forgot to mention - if you want to transfer your data from 1.2 to 1.3 email me your old StashMaster file and i'll fix it for you and send it back

its not hard to do but you need the full version to do it and it only takes few min

Old 2011-08-22, 6:14am

Hi Deb,
I was wondering about the data stuff and how to transfer it. I would love to be able to transfer so I don't have to start all over. The second question is how???? I know it is one of the forms, but which one? OR do I just send the whole thing?

Thanks again.

Last edited by phishstuff; 2011-08-22 at 6:20am.
Old 2011-08-22, 6:30am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishstuff View Post
Hi Deb,
I was wondering about the data stuff and how to transfer it. I would love to be able to transfer so I don't have to start all over. The second question is how???? I know it is one of the forms, but which one? OR do I just send the whole thing?

Thanks again.
It depends

Have you added more colours? - that's the glasstbl
Ticked the boxes? - that the wish list table
More attributes? - attribute table

Etc etc

Because I know the differences between the two versions it would be much easier for you to send the whole thing to me and I'll fix for you, what will take me minutes could take you hours

Old 2011-08-22, 7:22am

Deb, are you up extremely early or haven't gone to bed yet?
I am going to send the whole thing-thank you.
I really appreciate what you have done for us.

Old 2011-08-22, 10:48am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Lookin really great here. Thanks for the whole thing. Above and beyond!

Not many bead makers on the marble forum <thegldg.com> but I don't do beads either and it is still very useful; doesn't make any differance what you make, you're just tracking your glass inventory. And very easily I might add.

PJH

ETA - Color, what colour?
Old 2011-08-22, 12:17pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Vista Home Premium w/ ServicePack 2.
Old 2011-08-22, 5:24pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Vista Home Premium w/ ServicePack 2.
is there a service pack 3?

i think you have to have all the updates - damned if i know why, typical MS

Old 2011-08-22, 5:46pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I will check on SP3...the bit@%# is that I didn't have any trouble with the first one. Maybe I should just stay with SMv1.2!! At least I KNOW that worked!.
Old 2011-08-22, 5:51pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
I will check on SP3...the bit@%# is that I didn't have any trouble with the first one. Maybe I should just stay with SMv1.2!! At least I KNOW that worked!.
there is actually no difference in the software, just more features - have you tried downloading it from LE instead?, it might just not like the emailed version for some reason