No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-03-23, 7:03am
Somewhat out there!

Hey Deb,
Hoped the party was awesome. Did I miss something or is 1.3 version not going yet? No pressure, just wondering.

Julianne
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-23, 2:04pm
Unmedicated since '62

i'm sorry, i just got a teeny tiny bit swamped by other stuff and i was still chasing a list of Lauscha colours (got that this morning thanks to Grace at the glass shoppe studio)
its almost almost there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-03-23 at 2:07pm.
Old 2011-03-23, 2:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
i'm sorry, i just got a teeny tiny bit swamped by other stuff and i was still chasing a list of Lauscha colours (got that this morning thanks to Grace at the glass shoppe studio)
its almost almost there
Grace is amazing - she is there 100% for her customers and her overseas friends LOL
Old 2011-03-23, 3:05pm
Unmedicated since '62

you wouldnt believe how hard its been to track down a lausha list - and i didnt want to put out the next version without it because adding it in later would be such a pain

i wont tease you all with a snapshot of the new layout, but its more colourful in keeping with what we do

i'm going away this weekend to a course with Corina so i cant do any more till monday

Old 2011-03-24, 2:13pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

If you're talking Corina Tettinger please tell her hello and pass along my best wishes.

PJH
Old 2011-03-25, 6:13am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
i'm moving this to here so i can answer questions in one place.

***clarifying again cos three people just emailed me, i'm not taking money for this - download, enjoy, get organised***

you can now download the database from this link

http://www2.lampworketc.com/members/...hMaster1.2.zip

this is the read me file
Can I use this on a Macintosh? Is there any conflict?
Old 2011-03-25, 9:44pm

This is an amazing program! Thank you for all your hard work.

"Its never to late to be what you might have been!"
Old 2011-03-27, 3:03pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Folly Glassworks View Post
Can I use this on a Macintosh? Is there any conflict?
yes and no - you can run it if you're running MS on it as well but you'll have to look back through the thread to see how other people are doing it

i can reacreate the database on file maker but i would have to buy the software

Old 2011-04-09, 7:38pm

Default My son is helping me but...

My son is asking "what program should I use to run the file/program?" because it has the file ending accdb. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sheila
Old 2011-04-09, 7:46pm

Default Sorry nevermind

My son saw the instructions link we are working through Sorrry again Thanks Sheila
Old 2011-04-09, 11:40pm
Unmedicated since '62

thats ok

have fun

Old 2011-04-10, 12:26am

Location: Liechtenstein (a tiny country located in Europe, next to Switzerland)
Talking accdb

The file ending means that it must be an Microsoft Access is a database file.

http://www.file-extensions.org/accdb-file-extension
Old 2011-04-15, 11:57pm

Default Read-only

I finally gave in and installed StashMaster on my Windows laptop (I say gave in because I'm a Mac girl and Windows is gobbledy-gook to me).

Anyway, we have a trial version of Access 2010 - supposedly comes with the full Office Professional version - and StashMaster appears to be Read Only.

DH (who's in IT with networks, yadayada) has had a look and can change the read only attribute, however when you click back on StashMaster it returns to read only. Every time.

Do you have any suggestions how I can fix this or why it's doing it?

And can you drop me a pm with your email addy too please : )

Thanks,
Marianne.
Old 2011-04-21, 7:11pm
Focus?

Quote:
with full credit to CIM and the artists beads shown, cos they have the best website when it comes to sample pictures

a sneek peak at the new main page
OMG!! I'm so looking forward to this new version. I downloaded the original version a long time ago and just today started using it .. busy.... sorry! and I LOVE it! You're new version will be just as awesome I'm sure.

thanks for your efforts and talent!!

A-62

Old 2011-04-28, 2:07pm

Question trouble adding glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmountainglass View Post
They all seem to working great. I've added glass, I've removed glass, I've prined lables, I haven't added pics yet but will try and do that tonight.

Edited: I just added a picture and it works! whooot whoot.

I can't get the glass that I've added to appear in my stash list. I added the glass numbers, colors, etc. and click save (okay, or whatever). But they aren't appearing in my list. So, I then went to the master list, thinking they might be there to be added to my personal list, but nada. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old 2011-04-28, 4:15pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Twist View Post
I can't get the glass that I've added to appear in my stash list. I added the glass numbers, colors, etc. and click save (okay, or whatever). But they aren't appearing in my list. So, I then went to the master list, thinking they might be there to be added to my personal list, but nada. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
when you say master list what are you referring to? are you looking at the actual table?

email me your file and i'll have a look

debbie@perfectjewellery.com.au

Old 2011-04-28, 5:48pm

Thank you, Deb. I sent you an email, but have figured it out. Now I have another question for you! lol! I'm sure you've answered this a million times, but what is the corresponding Avery label #?

Thanks,
Tisha
Old 2011-04-28, 6:20pm
Unmedicated since '62

well, you can use any avery label you like, its set up to export the labels to a spreadsheet, then you can use that spreadsheet as a data source in labels in word to print any label size you like

Old 2011-05-12, 9:46pm
Chief Creative Goddess

ok I give up--what is this?!! (I couldn't get mine to open)
Old 2011-05-12, 10:13pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie Mae View Post
ok I give up--what is this?!! (I couldn't get mine to open)
what is StashMaster ?

its a database in Access that allows you to keep track of all your glass and print labels etc

why cant you open it?

did you read the readme in the first post?

Old 2011-05-14, 6:31am
Evil Glass Enabler

Just curious, Deb. Have you gotten the latest build done yet? Thanks! Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2011-05-14, 5:05pm
Unmedicated since '62

i have, but i'm still working on it, i need to iron out some bugs and my home life has been somewhat chaotic lately

Old 2011-06-22, 3:48am

Here some more info. Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this awesome database! I've only had a few minutes to look at it and try to get it running. I can import most everything as Microsoft has instructions except the home form.

Old 2011-06-22, 5:05pm
Unmedicated since '62

home form wont work with anything but access 2010 - what are you using it with?

Old 2011-07-05, 9:34pm
Master Procrastinator

Hey Deb! Just wondering how the new version is coming along.

TIA, Lea

Old 2011-07-06, 12:47am
Unmedicated since '62

funny you should ask!!

with the help i'm getting with mum i've been able to work on it all of today.

the trouble with database stuff is that its horrible to be interrupted, i lose my train of thought and have a lot of trouble working out where i was

so

should be soon

Old 2011-07-06, 12:49am
Unmedicated since '62

oh and i might have a little surprise to add to it

depending on the answer i get to an email i sent this morning

Old 2011-07-06, 3:39am
Evil Glass Enabler

I'm looking forward to seeing the new build. I'm so happy for you that you're getting a lot of help with your mum. *HUGS* We dealt with something very similiar with Paul's grandmother. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2011-07-06, 6:34am

Exciting! I love this database. Thanks for all of your hard work.
Old 2011-07-06, 9:52am
Master Procrastinator

Deb, thank you SO much! & so happy for you that you're getting help with your mom! I have a 90 year old mom still living on her own. My heart is in my mouth every time the phone rings.