LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-22, 5:59pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I can try that, Deb. Ok, this will be a little out of my realm.Should I delete the whole other one and Word and put them in the Trash?
Old 2011-08-22, 6:01pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
I can try that, Deb. Ok, this will be a little out of my realm.Should I delete the whole other one and Word and put them in the Trash?
do you mean the trial version?

if you delete it you wont be able to get it again, it puts a file in your system so you cant download it over and over

no, just download SM and run the install and see if it works

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-08-22, 6:06pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

OKKKKKKKKK...doing it right now...will let you know.
Old 2011-08-22, 6:18pm

Hey Deb sent you an email with a couple questions but now I have another one. Is there suppose to be a list of all the glasses already so we just enter how much we have or are we starting our own list from scratch?

LynieG
Old 2011-08-22, 6:47pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

OK, Deb. This gets better and better!!! I downloaded the version here on LE, and it will not open!!LOL It states that I already have it on the computer and cannot download another one.
Old 2011-08-22, 7:12pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
OK, Deb. This gets better and better!!! I downloaded the version here on LE, and it will not open!!LOL It states that I already have it on the computer and cannot download another one.
- you know its only you right? it hates you

ok, i'm sending you just the file, no install we'll see if that works

better give me your email again, you would not believe the size of my inbox

Old 2011-08-22, 7:51pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I feel like you are wasting too much time on me...but thank you!!

pcfrance@yahoo.com
Old 2011-08-22, 7:54pm
Unmedicated since '62

nah, thats fine

Old 2011-08-22, 8:00pm

Deb....if she tried to download the new version earlier she would need to uninstall it before she tried to install it again...even from an email
Old 2011-08-22, 8:14pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledragonfly View Post
Deb....if she tried to download the new version earlier she would need to uninstall it before she tried to install it again...even from an email
yeah, very true

Old 2011-08-22, 11:50pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

OK, couldn't sleep. Just opened the last one you sent. Opened just fine, but still went to the trial. I will try it later on my laptop and see if that works.

Thanks, Deb, for all your hard work.
Old 2011-08-22, 11:51pm
Unmedicated since '62

it will default to a full version of Access

although i can get it to run on runtime on mine, buggered if i know why

Old 2011-08-23, 12:03am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

It opened fine. I will still try it on my laptop when I am more awake. Did you say you have another Help file too?
Old 2011-08-23, 12:06am
Unmedicated since '62

i havent quite finished the help file yet, i'll do it tomorrow

Old 2011-08-23, 10:38am

Deb, I downloaded the program but cannot find a button to make a contribution for all your hard work and for going to the gathering. Could you please post on here where you hid the button that you said your were going to put in for us or am I just blind and have missed it?
Old 2011-08-23, 4:56pm
Master Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda's Art Glass View Post
Deb, I downloaded the program but cannot find a button to make a contribution for all your hard work and for going to the gathering. Could you please post on here where you hid the button that you said your were going to put in for us or am I just blind and have missed it?
Yes, please! I donated originally to Affordable Inspiration, but would like to send another little something for all your hard work.

Old 2011-08-23, 5:09pm
Unmedicated since '62

i'm accepting dontations to my gathering fund though my paypal address - i dont think i should put the address up here though because that would be construed as fundraising and i think its against the forum rules

Old 2011-08-25, 9:05am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I have just one little suggestion. Might it be possible to put a notice somewhere on the initial screew listing what version or build date the running program represents? People c/would then know if they had the latest.

PJH
Old 2011-08-25, 3:53pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
I have just one little suggestion. Might it be possible to put a notice somewhere on the initial screew listing what version or build date the running program represents? People c/would then know if they had the latest.

PJH
yup, good idea, i'll do that and put up a screen shot as well

oh, you mean on the program - too late i think, but the file name is 1.3

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-08-25 at 3:58pm.
Old 2011-08-25, 7:17pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hey, Deb, it is your fav PIA!!! I got the runtime 2007 to run on my laptop, running Microsoft 7. I opened the plain SM you sent me. No go...boohooooooo...
Old 2011-08-25, 7:18pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Hey, Deb, it is your fav PIA!!! I got the runtime 2007 to run on my laptop, running Microsoft 7. I opened the plain SM you sent me. No go...boohooooooo...
ok, tell me runtime 2007 is a typo?

it should be runtime 2010

Old 2011-08-25, 7:32pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Oh, Shit!!! I will go and look now..
Old 2011-08-25, 7:38pm
Unmedicated since '62

Old 2011-08-25, 7:42pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

It is 7. I will try to get the 2010 to load
Old 2011-08-25, 7:44pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Will my Ipad hold this?
Old 2011-08-25, 8:12pm
Can't you see I'm busy???

Deb -

I've spent several hours with StashMaster running under Access 2010, and it is going great! Almost all my regular Bullseye is in - quick and easy to enter. Now on to the odd lots!

Thanks again for this terrific tool!
Old 2011-08-25, 8:20pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Well Deb, I downloaded 2010, and it is still opening in the Office trial version. I can't find it to delete. I will just go for it until the trial runs out.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 2011-08-26, 2:50am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Will my Ipad hold this?
no, pity - i would really really love it to be on ipad

i can do it but i'd have to recreate the db on different software

Old 2011-08-26, 2:53am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Well Deb, I downloaded 2010, and it is still opening in the Office trial version. I can't find it to delete. I will just go for it until the trial runs out.

Thanks for all your help.
ok, finally got an answer back from Microsoft - yes really!! and you thougth it was just a huge machine somewhere in a basement

Quote:
Question
access runtime not compatible with 2007
Answer
You should be able to have Access 2007 and Access 2010 runtime on the same machine. The problem you will see is if Access 2007 was the last application open, whenever you try and open a database file, it will try and open it in Access 2007. To get Access 2010 to open, you will need to ensure you launch the Access 2010 version of msaccess.exe. This will then configure Access 2010 and it should then open. When you created the shortcut for your application, did you just include the path to the database file? The reason I ask is because if you want to ensure you open a specific version of Access, you should be able to put the path to msaccess.exe in your shortcut followed by the path to the database file you want to open. Doing this will ensure you open the proper version of Access. With that being said, you will want to ensure your users don’t have multiple versions of Access open at the same time, since this may cause other problems.
the answer to their question is no, i didnt include a path to the database file, how on earth can i do that when i have no control over where people install the file but anyway, go look for msaccess.exe and launch it, that apparently will configure 2010 to open first

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-08-26 at 2:55am.
Old 2011-09-02, 10:54pm
professional gimme fiver

Deb, how cool are you! What an awesome program, and how thoughtful of you to make it available to us for free! ::::hugs::::