No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-06-12, 4:17pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default My hearts suck!

Anyone got any good tips for making hearts of any kind? Everytime I try they just look gross and retarded. I really really really would love to see a heart tutorial. I know that it probably sounds basic, but I was never taught this in my lampworking class (which looking back was a real rip off). *long story ...

Anyway, please post a heart tutorial if you've got one, or tips would help too.

Thanks!!!
Old 2006-06-12, 4:34pm
Student of DachZen

What kind of hearts? There's a lovely Mr. Smiley heart tutorial in the library, but it's off mandrel, of course.

I've made some pretty decent hearts off and on, so if you'll tell me what kind you are trying to make, I'll see what I can come up with for tips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-06-12, 4:58pm

Amy Trescott has a great tut on her site.

Etsy

My Flickr

Old 2006-06-12, 4:58pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Hey there - - - if you go to my website, and click on my "about me" page, I have a video posted of how I make my hearts. It's a heart with a frog on it that I did for HGTV, but it will give you an idea of the steps I take for a heart with a vertical hole

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions, I make about a bizillion hearts!!

Old 2006-06-12, 5:16pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Hey Ginny! That's perfect!!! Thank you so much that's really going to help me, since that's the type of heart that I wanted to make. I really should take another beginner's class with someone competent enough to teach. I didn't learn any shape except for round when I took my class.

Watching your segment made me realize that I definitely need to find some mashers ...
Old 2006-06-12, 6:37pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton
Hey there - - - if you go to my website, and click on my "about me" page, I have a video posted of how I make my hearts. It's a heart with a frog on it that I did for HGTV, but it will give you an idea of the steps I take for a heart with a vertical hole

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions, I make about a bizillion hearts!!
Ginny, that video is just too cool! You look mah-va-lous on TV, and the tutorial was great!

Old 2006-06-12, 8:58pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Yeah, I use my mashers each time I make hearts . . . . partially so that it will lay flat when it's worn, but it also helps me with the shaping. When you squish it, it sort of widens it back out.

Thanks Teresa