Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2007-12-03, 12:08pm

Question Picture for natural gas installation

I am moving to a duplex and can have it built to my needs, but need to meet the local building codes and get approval from the fire inspector to run my torch. I use a Carlisle miniCC and will be changing to natural gas at the new house. Last week I found a link in one of the glass forums to a labeled picture for a "how to" installation guide for a NG hookup for a torch. I have been looking for the last 5 hours and can't find it. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Patti
Old 2007-12-03, 2:40pm

I can't help you find the link but I can tell you a few things about my natural gas hook up.
From the point of entry or where you tap into the gas line you will need to run
1/2" black pipe to a close to your torch bench. I sure local codes will cover that and where shut off valves are. The problem has always been converting from natural gas piping sizes to welding fittings. Places like Home Depot have the stuff but the staff may not know it.
I would take your welding hose to a welder supply or Home Depot/Lowle and show and say fit this to a 1/2 black gas pipe.

I have a flame arrestor in my fuel ( Natural gas line ) where the welding hose connect to the gas line. I don't know it it code but it sure is a good idea. Carlyle
the maker of your CC have them
http://www.carlislemachine.com/Carli...FireChecks.htm

I hope that helps

Gordon

Last edited by LaVere; 2007-12-03 at 2:51pm.
Old 2007-12-03, 2:50pm

I had a plumber "tap" into my NG line. I too have a mini cc. I purchased the hoses that run from the NG line and the concentrators to the my torch from Carlisle. I found it easier to jsut buy the correct items from the Carlisle as they knew what was needed. Here is a picture of my set-up, the NG line is the yellow line coming down the wall to the right of my work area and ther is a safety cut off knob. Hope this helps.
Kris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mini cc, ng, & 2 concentrators
Old 2007-12-03, 3:03pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

It's from Mag Alef, and it's the same picture I showed MY natural gas guy when he came

I had to go to the Wayback machine to find it, but there it was! YAY! Here's the link:
http://web.archive.org/web/200602110...com/natgas.jpg

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2007-12-03, 8:20pm
Gentleman of Leisure

The the elusive "B" fitting....

Available online from MCMASTER (part #79215A2), may be available at a "real" plumbing supply, usually found at welding suppliers, and rumored to be at some ACE hardware stores....

Also more information....

http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2007-12-03 at 8:25pm.