Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-28, 12:53pm

Arrow What Brand of Kiln for Beads

If you were new and starting out, what Kiln brand would you purchase or recommend and why? Is service, quality and safety included in your recommendation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Something Heartfelt by Nancy
Old 2012-10-28, 2:17pm
offically down under

Glasshive. Firstly, it's a great affordable kiln. It's well made in stainless steel which is a huge plus when you live in a salty climate. I life 20 minutes from the ocean and in the nearly 3 years that I've had my kiln, there is no sign of rust.

Seeing that you aren't part of the mainland, IF, and that's a big IF, you ever need service, Pam and Mike are great at trying to help you sort out any issues you might have. I'm a bit of a button pusher and somehow, I managed to reprogram my kiln. Pam, very patiently, took me through all the steps to teach me, over the phone, how to reprogram my kiln.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-10-28, 3:52pm
Hobby Junkie

I love my Glasshive kiln!!

Old 2012-10-28, 5:03pm

glass hive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2012-10-29, 2:06pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Ditto.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-11-01, 8:08am

I bought a Glass HIve regular guy last year and love it. I am afraid I cannot comment on service though, since it has worked perfectly since I got it and I haven't ever needed to contact them. However, I am confident that they would be very responsinve if I were in need.
Old 2012-11-01, 8:13am
Oooooh Sparkly!

Glasshive kiln!
Old 2012-11-01, 10:14am

I have a glass hive too. No complaints!

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-11-01, 7:40pm

I don't have a Glass Hive kiln and I'm sure from what I hear, they are nice. I have an Arrow Springs bead kiln with the 4 in. door. I love it. I've have for had it about 8 yrs. When something goes wrong after much use, it is easy to fix. I just talk to Jason( who makes their kilns) and he'll talk you through it and send you the proper part. At least it's easy for my DH to fix.
Old 2012-11-02, 2:46am
Queen of the milo field

Going to be an echo here - Glass Hive. Just got a Regular Guy and am thrilled to pieces w/it. Heh. Had to call because I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. Told Mike I was techno impaired. He was very helpful - and said they like technologically impaired folks too.

dj
Old 2012-11-02, 7:30am
SCIENCE Teacher!

I have always been completely in love with my Arrow Springs AF99 kiln. Craig has the best customer service. My sister has one, Mesa Art Center had them when I was there and many of my friends have one.
Old 2012-11-02, 8:05am

I have an Evenheat Fishbone. The design snagged me and the service reeled me in. You can't beat it.

"Whether you believe that you can or believe that you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Tags
kiln