LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-08-15, 5:29am

Default Bullseye with 104

So, I understand that Bullseye is very "touch feely," and doesn't like to play with other COE's. However, I am wondering if anyone has tried using it in a minute quantity...like to add some small surface dots to a bead made with 104. Anyone?

I have some Bullseye that I want to sell, but only because I think it's taboo for me and my 104. I love the colors and will keep most of it if anyone out there has had any luck with what I am proposing.

Thanks!!!! Here's to hoping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-08-15, 5:40am
A True Woofer

Why don't you try it? My guess is it won't work and eventually it'll pop off, if it doesn't immediately crack. I love the bullseye colors but I can't handle that many COE's so I sold it all.

Old 2014-08-15, 5:45am

Hi Ellen,
You would think I would just try it...but nooooooo, Vangie's being lazy and is looking for an easy way out! Figure someone else may have already tried it...LOL!!!! Same here on the too many COE's. I've sold almost all of my Bullseye already...YAY! We still have to get together for lunch!

Old 2014-08-15, 6:31am
Glass-aholic

Nope.. I did it on accident with some frit.. No luck.... The outer shell of the bead almost sheered off.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-08-15, 7:11am

Bummer!!!!!!!

Old 2014-08-15, 10:25am

BE is the pickiest, worst player in the bunch. Sometimes it doesn't even like itself! So, trying it with anything else is a no-no for sure, no hesitation.

Barbara
Old 2014-08-15, 11:25am

I agree, it's a no-no.
Old 2014-08-16, 8:04am
Katherine

I also agree and always keep my BE glass separate from my 104 glass.

Old 2014-08-16, 10:20am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

You can, however, dabble in the furnace glasses like most of the 96 frits. I generally don't mix COEs, but I have in the past used frits on a BE base successfully. I bought 96 base so I didn't have to do it any more though.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2014-08-16, 12:47pm

The leaded 96s may pass on the BE in small amounts, but I wouldn't count on it lasting........

Barbara
Old 2014-08-22, 7:10am
Glass-aholic

Why not count on it lasting, it's a closer match than the 96/104 pairing we mostly all do at some point with a general % rule all the time.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-08-22, 5:46pm
Artistically Absorbed

The lead is kind of a coe buffer. I have used a lot of different leaded 96 with Bullseye with no issues, of course in moderation. Don't use Uroboros with it, it has no lead and I am pretty sure a lot of the Gaffer colors also do not contain lead. Reichenbach and Kugler both are known to be leaded furnace glass (96coe) but play nice with 90 and 104 usually, of course there is always an exception or two by nature.

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64