Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-04-29, 8:14am

Default Shops and Vendors in Fort Myers FL Area

Hello,
on Tuesday I'll be in Fort Myers, Florida. Is there any vendor or shop were I could buy nice things (beadroller, silver glass....). I'd like to get some nice souvenirs. Unfortunately I stay only one day, so the shops should be in the vicinity (around 50-70 Miles distance is o.k.). Do you have any information for me?

Thank you in advance, greets, Kerstin.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-04-29, 9:49am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

The closest one I know of is in Sarasota...Glasscrafters, but they don't carry much in the lampworking line. I know there is a studio/retail store in Cape Coral, but have never been there. Are you going to be going to the Atlantic side of FL? If you are, go to the ArtGlass House in Cocoa Beach....it is HUGE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2012-04-29, 12:12pm

Hi, Tillie,
I know Ron and Rocio Bearer, I visited them last year! Well, it was not quite a visit, more of an invasion. The Art Glass House is like a candy store! Unfortunately I have only a day off on the 2nd of May and will return to Germany the next day. A friend of mine is with me and probably she'd rather go to the beach instead of driving to the Atlantic side with me for hours. Well it's not that we don't have any glass here in Germany, but I'd like to buy some (CG) beadrollers in the US. It's much cheaper to purchase here than to order them and pay so much for customs. I'll check out Sarasota and Cape Coral.
Thank you Tillie, Kerstin.
Old 2012-04-29, 2:19pm

Kerstin,

I was in Glasscrafters in Sarasota last week. They cater to stained glass workers and did not have any beadrollers that I saw. They have a small selection of bullseye rods but no 104. If you need directions I can give them to you.

I am not familiar with the store in Coral Gables-guess I'll have to track it down next time I'm in Ft. Myers.

Georgia
Old 2012-04-29, 11:27pm

Thank you for replying, Georgia!
I think this time I'll return home with empty hands...

But I'm three times in the US this month, so maybe I'll be successful al little later - just takes some patience.

Thank you, greets, Kerstin.
Old 2012-05-05, 3:26pm

If you can find a peep in a city where you will be visiting perhaps you could order your beadrollers and have them shipped to the peep. They could hold them until you visit. I don't know how many vendors stock beadrollers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-05, 3:38pm

There is a group that meets near there once a month to torch in Cape Coral.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2012-05-05, 11:01pm

Check Glassic arts, they are in deland florida, i am not sure but think its not too far from ft myers.
Old 2012-05-07, 4:36pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Glassic Arts (Kathy Truba) in Deland is about 4 1/2 hours from Ft. Myers...north. It is northwest of Orlando about 25-30 miles.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2012-05-07, 11:46pm

Cape Coral arts center sells some lampworking supplies. You might give them a call first to see if they have what your looking for. But it's close to ft myers.

Old 2012-05-08, 4:39am

Thank you all!

Meanwhile I'm in NY and will be in Miami next week before I return to Germany. I have a list of vendors now and maybe I'm lucky to get what I'm looking for.
Thank you for your help.
Greets, Kerstin.