LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2008-12-17, 6:00am
Christine

Smile

Those are beautiful - I love wavy beads!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-17, 9:59am

I love making wavey beads!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-29, 1:54am

I havent done any of these in a while. I forgot how much fun they really are.
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-29, 3:35am

can I be the first to say...oooh pretty!!

Old 2008-12-29, 9:27am

wow,,,oooooo aaaaaaah.

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-12-30, 2:44am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

I remember when you first showed the tut and I did then run out to make some wavy beads, I gave it the old school try and put them aside since encasing with clear is not my fave thing to do.
As I was reading this from beginning tonight I thought about putting on a clear stripe before melting down, then Kevan mentioned it and so I will try again.
And after looking at your bead disk's I remembered what you told me then.
I am so happy that people are showing you the gratitude you deserve for making a tut that is free and enjoyable.
Thanks Katja
Old 2008-12-30, 6:49am

I think It also shows how great the instruction is that everyones beads are so good. does that make sense?

and I havnt been encasing mine, they end up even more huge if I do! I must try that, but because Ive been trying to make ones to silver core Ive been trying to make them smaller, not bigger!!

so many lovely variations to play with...

Old 2008-12-31, 6:14pm
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

Madeline your ever so right. Used to live in Paignton.
Katja
Old 2009-01-01, 3:59am

Hmm, havnt been to paignton in ages. I live in plymouth about 50 % of the time at the moment. such a grey city. you know how some cities are described as vibrant? plymouth just aint!

sorry...off topic there...

I've been developing this technique a bit, I kept finding with the 104 that the clear hit the mandrel before the colour, giving a hole looking thing...so I started with a really thin barrel/tube base bead to build my skinny disk on top of. does that make sense??

then I made one in silver first...it was perfectly spaced, beautifully round, perfect puckers...and totally, utterly, black., you can only see its not just black if you look at it end on where theres a clear bit every 5th of the way around. and I have a 1/4 kilo of this stuff why????

Madeline

Old 2009-01-01, 10:24am
passionate about pets

I agree with you that when i make them the clear has hit the mandrel first (CEO 104) I am goingto have to try your technique with the small bead first......Thanks

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2009-01-01, 10:47am

hope it works well for you!

Madeline

Old 2009-01-09, 8:00pm

Ok, time for some more inspiration.

Lets see your wavey beads!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-10, 8:19am
Superkitty

Rob, you should do a tutorial on color combinations. Those are awesome!
Old 2009-01-12, 6:48am
Did someone say beads?

Thanks for this Rob -your clear instructions made it so easy! I'm new at lampwork but I didn't to do bad for the first try. I'm going to keep praticing until I can make my bead looks a amazing as pictures everyone has posted here!

Irene - I agree with you about the disk shape - ya'll would laugh your butts off if you saw my disk!! If it's any consolation - there's no way yours can't be worse than mine. It's really the saddest thing ever!
Old 2009-01-12, 6:27pm
Velda Joy Rumfelt

Thanks for this tutorial! I love making these beads and it was easy to see how to do them from your instructions.

"Glass is thicker than water"

Old 2009-01-12, 6:37pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Rob, you should do a tutorial on color combinations. Those are awesome!
What she said.
Or post some color combos that you like.
Anything...we'll take all your crumbs ...

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-01-14, 4:22pm

Thanx a lot for the tut

Magma Beads .

Old 2009-01-14, 4:29pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Oh yummy Magma!
You rocked this tutorial!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-01-14, 7:29pm
Formerly FishBulb

These are amazing! I'll have to try this. Great work everyone!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-01-24, 3:51pm
passionate about pets

I use soft glass (CEO 104), and I won the Shannon hill raffle for the bundle of Coral glass. So i decided so use this glass for some of these beads. I wanted to see the difference in color in every bead.and i think they turned out great! I am very happy with them seeing how i was having problems making them.....and I have a new love now....CORAL!

so here it goes ...

thanks for looking

P.S - thanks Madeline for the tip about the small bead first....it worked like a charm!

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Last edited by StOrM; 2009-01-24 at 3:53pm.
Old 2009-01-24, 4:28pm

very nice! I'm glad it worked for someone else and it wasnt just me being freakish!
I can see why you love coral now...I only have the one shade to play with though.

Madeline

Old 2009-02-18, 5:48pm

Thought i would give this a bump and some inspiration.

Storm - that color is gorgeous!!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-02-19, 5:08pm
Unmedicated since '62

i found this tut yesterday and was totally intrigued - this is my first attempt, the last two i did with filigrano, ignore the little barrel

gawd! this so makes me want to play with boro!
Attached Images

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2009-02-19, 6:15pm

Deb, Those look great for your first attempt.

Old 2009-02-19, 6:38pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckeyes View Post
Deb, Those look great for your first attempt.
thanks - you realise you're corrupting me towards boro! i'm a colour freak

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2009-02-20, 5:50pm

And I must admit that this technique plays much nicer with boro!

Old 2009-02-20, 7:34pm
Happiness is....

yes boro is better, that's the only way *I* can do it..soft glass is just way too soupy for me.

Rob,
what color is the first set? they are so colorful, The other sets are pretty too!

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2009-02-20, 7:43pm

I believe that was a 3 color twisty using four 4" pieces of

Acid Yellow - 1
Double amber purple - 2
Caramel - 1

Old 2009-02-21, 1:32am

I guess I'm just annoying and want to make it work in soft glass out of stubbornness or something!!
I made an extra step to the technique to make it easier in soft, I kept getting big bits of clear touching the mandrel and it just looked bad so I adapted!(see above somewhere)

Its not that I don't love making them in boro too!

Old 2009-02-21, 1:55am
picking Job's Tears

Great tutorial. But I'm with Reenie on this: how do you get disks that straight? And for me to add: and the dots all the same size?

Nooo. I'll wait until my kiln gets here. (needed another wrist slap there).

I still haven't found torch time for my previous bead thought. - Can't call it design, I don't have a clue yet whether I can make it work the way I'm thinking. -
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln