Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-01-16, 3:52pm

Default Arrow Springs?

I'm curious about Arrow Springs -- I received gift certificates for them, so I ordered glass and some tools off of their website on Friday, 1/11 (about 1 PM their time). I received an email very quickly confirming the order and advising me I'd get another email when the order had shipped. When I hadn't rec'd the 2nd email by this morning (Wednesday, 1/16), I called them (9:30 AM their time) to see what the status was. I was advised that my order was "next on the list to be pulled", and they'd try very hard to get it out today or no later than tomorrow. About 1:30 PM their time they called to say they were out of one of the tools I had ordered, but they had everything else-- did I want them to go ahead and ship without it?

While I appreciate the call regarding the out-of-stock tool, I'm surprised at their turn-around time from the time the order was placed to the time they're preparing it to mail. I'm more accustomed to same-day or next day turn around from other glass and tool vendors. Is three to four day turn around typical of their service?
Old 2008-01-16, 4:11pm
Facebook addict

Yes. I know I am spoiled by the other vendors that ship same day or next and I get my package 2 days later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2008-01-16, 4:24pm
passionate about pets

living in Canada i never receive anything without waiting...lol.....i have had some things take up to a month and a half....i have gotten use to it and don't even look at things like ship time.....sorry i can't help you

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-01-16, 4:56pm
Dazed and Confused!

Yes...and shipping takes a bit longer too, but the amount of $ I save on some items makes it very much worth it! And I have always had good communication with them as well.
Old 2008-01-16, 5:50pm

Thanks for your replies-- I'll know in the future to only order from them things I won't be needing anytime soon. That doesn't happen too often!

Thanks, again.

Mimi
Old 2008-01-17, 7:34am
Smooches!

I love Arrow Springs! I've always had great service. I'd try them again.

No I have no connection with the company, other than as a customer.

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-01-22, 4:38pm

i bought my torch from arrowsprings at bead and button. the owner came to the class and showed us how to set up our torches. i do think that they have good customer service. i just ordered from them and they called and let me know what was out of stock and what i wanted to do. i do use multiple vendors in order to support the craft. i really enjoy the lampwork community!
Old 2008-01-25, 10:45am

Update-- I finally received my order yesterday, 1/24, after ordering on 1/11. My post wasn't meant to slam Arrow Springs; I was just surprised that the order took so long to ship (and ultimately, to receive). I'm accustomed to dealing with other suppliers whose turn-around time from order to delivery is often less than a week rather than almost 2 weeks. I'll certainly order from them again, but not anything I need quickly.

Mimi
Old 2008-01-25, 10:55am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Given that you are on the east coast like I am, you can expect the shipping to take a full week - five business days. I never receive anything from the west coast in less time with ground shipping.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-01-27, 2:25am
"Twirl that Honey round".

I always give the vendors the benefit of the doubt. Some are small operations and I assume children,illness,vacations , primary job (yes,some gainfully employed elsewhere-some strictly for health insurance wipeout protection) are factored in there also. When the ground carrier says 5 to 10 days and we get used to 3-5 sometimes happening its hard not to think it's someones slack attack. When ever someone asks me the question "When would you like that?" I always reply tongue in cheek."I'm American. I want it NOW." TIM
Old 2008-01-27, 3:46pm

I've received my orders from LB's supplies in Oregon in a couple of days quite a few times and I'm near the east coast. Also, Flamed Kiss Glass, Irene ships fast from California to here, Phoenix Art supplies, Jessica ships super fast also. There are probably more than these also, but I just can't think of them right now. GGglass.com is great. There are just too many fast vendors to settle for less!
I'm too impatient and I've read too many things to order from those who take too much time to ship, for whatever reason.
Old 2008-01-27, 3:50pm
birdergirl ~o~

...my only irk about AS is that they dont show what glass is not in stock when you are ordering online, so they ask if they can ship all but that which is out BUT they will charge an additional shipping charge when they ship the item that was out of stock, ( unlessI had misunderstood them). I've never heard of a company that won't ship gratis an item which was out of stock.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-01-29, 6:27am
Melting

That's true about the additional shipping on out-of-stock items. In fact, I have, at times, found them downright rude about out-of-stock items. They are always out of a lot of stuff (seems to me), and if I want it, I have to pay the full shipping cost for just that one item (and you know *that* doesn't happen, so they lose my sale on that).
That said, they are usually pretty fast to ship my stuff (a day or two) and they are the cheapest I have found...and at my house, with lampworking being a hobby (I haven't sold anything yet), the $ trumps the wait. And in my experience, anywhere over on the west coast takes a full week to receive (NC) when shipped fed-ex or ups ground. USPS, however, can be as quick as overnight!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2008-01-29, 8:03am

Mountain Glass Art (mountainglassarts.com) guranties same day shipping on all orders placed before 1:30. They are in Ashville North Carolina. I live in California and do all of my main purchases through them, even though ground shipping takes 5 business days to get to Cali.I have found they're customer service to be the best! After 5 years in business they're my people! If you realy need something shipped and you place your order at the end of the day for an additional $8 they'll get it shipped that day. Although I have never had to pay it, and every one of my orders was shipped the same day!
Old 2008-01-29, 11:49am

I did not know that Mountain Glass Art was so close to me! I'll have to give them a look. Thanks!
Old 2008-01-29, 8:44pm

I order all the time from Arrow springs and i am in cincinnati oh!! I love their customer service and helpful advice. I get my items in a timely manner and everything is packaged professionally. On another note, i had problems programming my kiln and the owner got on and walked with me step by step through the process, even allowing me to write each step as i went so i could do it again myself!! he shared a lot of info with me and i could not have been happier!!! Great people! I can overlook their catalog issues, etc. i usually know what i want and if i do not, they will help with a smile!

stephanie