Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-03-25, 4:29pm

Default Effetre Super Clear quality??

I'll be purchasing a boat load of Super Clear soon. How's the quality been lately??? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-03-25, 5:11pm

My last batch from Frantz has been a dream! (I run it through the dishwasher, but do not pickle it.)
Old 2015-03-25, 10:56pm
Slogan Challenged...

varies per batch, as noted above. It might depend on your supplier too, then I've got a batch from Ed Hoy and the latest from Frantz, haven't melted them yet but they both look pretty good so I'm looking forward to trying them.

I scrub them in hot, soapy water with Dawn, rinse well and stand a handful in a bottle of white vinegar. A quick wipe with a coffee filter at the torch, and that works okay for me. Anything better than this old batch should be a dream.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-03-26, 5:48am

Thank you!

Old 2015-03-26, 5:52am
Melody of Glass

For you folks who run them through the dishwasher, do you use detergent? Whatever your regular dishwasher detergent is?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2015-03-26, 5:55am

For whatever it's worth, I just wanted to add that I wipe my rods clean with a paper towel soaked in regular rubbing alcohol. Works like a charm, minimal mess, and easy!

Old 2015-03-26, 9:52am

Yup, normal detergent, usually have a few dirty dishes in there as well, hasn't posed a problem yet! (Usually the little pacs from cascade or Trader Joe's.)
Old 2015-03-26, 11:32am
Melody of Glass

With dishes?? Cool!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2015-03-27, 12:11pm

I AM liking the dishwasher idea!