LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-12-06, 7:01am
Lover of all things color

I love the fact that this thread is still alive. I've tried it but there is no way to make the bead with soft glass and keep the heart warm. I keep breaking the hearts.

And Brent, I think I could make these all day long and without the magic of boro they just don't sing. I have a bit of boro but truly, there is so much to learn with boro that I have stuck with soft glass. Would you mind giving us a hint about which boro glass makes the beautiful pinkish yellow colors? Pleeeeeease.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-08, 6:25am
boro color bender

Anzie... beautiful work! Thank you do much for posting!

Jan, it's Amber Purple over White.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-12-08, 8:55am
Smile, it's contagious!

Jan, don't give up! They can be made w/soft glass... I just did an ivory one.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2008-12-09, 4:22pm
Lover of all things color

Oh, I never give up. When I messed up the one the other day I just wadded it up and wrapped it on a mandrel....LOL

Thanks for the color hint Brent, I may have to get the boro out and try it, it moves much slower and give me more time.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-10, 4:37am
boro color bender

Here's one I did in soft glass... it can be done, but it requires a lot less heat.

Very nice in Ivory... I may have to try one with my new favorite curdled ivory and silver glass combo.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-12-10, 7:30am

Brent,

Wow!! Not only do you rock boro. This soft glass heart is beautiful. What colors did you use for this heart?

Candace

Minor
Old 2008-12-10, 8:18am
boro color bender

I'm pretty sure it's Psyche...

Old 2008-12-11, 7:12am

Thanks, Brent.

Minor
Old 2008-12-11, 8:39am
glass-a-delic

Beautiful

Old 2008-12-11, 8:44am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Wow, that's beautiful, Brent!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-01-01, 12:57am

Wow Mr.Smiley...you gave away your secret. I have to say some of these hearts are very scarey...I'm gonna have to give it a try 2morro.

Nice colors with the soft glass Brent.

oh and to those that have trouble with loops...have you ever tryed poking a hole with a tungsten pick...first you place a glob...then shape...then squeeze with tweezer like tool(you have to buy one) and open hole with tungsten pick...its pretty simple but hard to explain. Maybe someone else can chime in with a tut.
Old 2009-01-01, 9:51am
boro color bender

Drilling with tungsten is always part of my class and is in the first video... that's almost done.

Old 2009-01-01, 10:59am
passionate about pets

do you ever come up to canada to teach?

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2009-01-02, 2:14am

sorry no pic yet...cut finger open and need to get more oxy 2morro.

Mr.Smiley... yeah I find that the tungsten way is the way to go for those hearts...is that what you usually do?
Old 2009-01-02, 4:27am
boro color bender

Yeah... this tut is old. The loop method changed not long after I posted this.

Old 2009-01-02, 4:27am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM View Post
do you ever come up to canada to teach?
Maybe... what studio did you have in mind?

Old 2009-01-02, 8:14am
passionate about pets

As long as you are near Calgary......and with that being said i would drive about 6-7 hours to take a class with you.....so middle of BC over to about Saskatoon.....

*StOrM*

Old 2009-01-02, 8:38am
boro color bender

Drive to the airport and come to Florida... we have sun and warm weather.

I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty much booked for this year, but I may be able to squeaze something in.

Old 2009-01-02, 12:27pm
jessica barksdale

umm.. why don't you just come to seattle & then everyone will be happy.

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-01-02, 1:31pm
passionate about pets

Brent - i would love to.....but right now i have no vacation time......sorry the sunshine would be great right now.

I could try to drive to Seattle......I would just need to know well in advance when the classes are.....

*StOrM*

Old 2009-01-02, 1:42pm
boro color bender

I'll be scheduling something in Portland... will also look into Seattle. Is Portland too far? It's a great facility... really fun owners. Always a good time.

Old 2009-01-02, 2:04pm
passionate about pets

i don't know where portland is.......google is my friend......lol.....brb

*StOrM*

Old 2009-01-02, 2:05pm
passionate about pets

ok how far of a drive is portland to seattle? about 2 hours????

*StOrM*

Old 2009-01-02, 2:13pm
jessica barksdale

2 - 3 hours, depending on traffic/weather/etc.

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-01-14, 3:22pm

thanks so much for the tutorial smiley!
Old 2009-01-14, 4:23pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Thanks for the Tut,

Here are my first try's I didn't do loops just a holes, I am loop challenged. They aren't bad, I was sitting on a broken tail bone, heavily medicated.

These are 104

Old 2009-01-14, 4:24pm
boro color bender

Nice job! and you're welcome...

I can't wait to get back from Tucson and start on this DVD. It's gonna be so much fun to cover hearts on video. I love making them... and I love seeing other people make them too.

Old 2009-01-15, 3:11pm

here's my second attempt. the first one has nice shape but the colors are just aweful so i'll spare you the pain.
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-15, 3:38pm
boro color bender

Very nice... wicked cool colors!

Old 2009-01-17, 8:50pm
Glassy Broad :-)

It's Saturday night, and I can't wait for MONDAY! (my day off) Once again valentines day is just around the corner, I should already have some of these, but alas, real life gets in the way.
Kudo's again Mr. Smiley on sharing your wonderful work and giving us newbies a chance to make something that sells WELL all year long! I've always been a fan of hearts anyway!!! Come on MONDAYYYYYYYY
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!