Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-02-16, 11:58am
Button Queen

LOL! I LOVE this error message...

Quote:
Network Timeout

The server at glassalchemy.com is taking too long to respond.
Seriously... this is only getting worse, not better....
Old 2009-02-16, 11:58am

Thumbs down seriously bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
I placed a call over an hour ago. Anyone want to take a guess how long it's going to take to get a call back, if ever??

I called them almost 2 hours ago...10 minutes after the sale started and still haven't received a call. I have to leave for work soon too.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:01pm

Well I finally got through the check out process, I've been trying to check out since 12:15 eastern time so that an hour and forty five minutes. Now the questions still remains if I actually get what's in my cart?
Old 2009-02-16, 12:01pm

I'm really wanting some of the discontinued colors in rod and frit. so I'm going to keep trying till my head explodes. After that it won't matter anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:05pm
Boro Brat

Anyone know if Ivory blush is going to be a regular run color?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:07pm

We could all be producing work right now and come out cheaper in the long run. 2 more hours of time. I might have done better just working and paying full price, instead of taking the day off.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2009-02-16, 12:08pm

Argh!!! I finally get the cart to go thru, and I entered my credit card 2x because it still showed my cart as having items in it... and it put the order through 2x... I guess I should call and see what to do about that.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-02-16, 12:08pm
Master Procrastinator

Too funny Rob!!!

I finally got to the items page & tried to add something to my cart & now got a new error message: Moved Temporarily

Oh & I did walk away for about 1/2 hour, but this is like a bad train wreck.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Old 2009-02-16, 12:09pm
Boro Brat

I was just thinking the same thing, Heather.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:09pm

Oh Heather, at least you got some glass already.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-02-16, 12:10pm

I am done in page has been trying to load for 20 minutes
Old 2009-02-16, 12:10pm

Oh lord I think my order got double placed some how in all this mess. The first time I sent it through and it sent me back to the first page it still showed everything in my cart, the second time I tried to send it through it would not accept my card so I used a different one. Now I go to double check why it wouldn't accept my card as I knew there should be no problem and it shows a pending charge for Glass Alchemy on there. Now What!!!
Old 2009-02-16, 12:11pm

I've got to go hide for a while. I think my head is about ready to explode and the Valium is not seeming to be helping.

Good luck everyone.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:12pm

I am giving up, just not worth it....good luck everyone else.

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2009-02-16, 12:24pm

well I am a die hard got 5 in the cart still waiting on the page to reload this reminds me of the after turkey day sale at least I am not freezing my but off waiting to get in
Old 2009-02-16, 12:25pm

I am slowly adding things to my cart, so this is a good sign. When it does crash or timeout, I get back in after a few and my items are still in there. I can just imagine how stressful this is for them. They are trying to do something very nice for us by giving such a great price.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:25pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Well, I got my order in.
Didn't get everything, but I decided to check out before everything
went kablooey.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-02-16, 12:26pm
Button Queen

Damn... I can't even get back to an item listing....
Old 2009-02-16, 12:28pm

I checked out, then remembered a few other things I wanted, so I'm back in there doing it again. Sigh.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-02-16, 12:38pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hels View Post
I checked out, then remembered a few other things I wanted, so I'm back in there doing it again. Sigh.
Me too.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-02-16, 12:38pm
Button Queen

I must admit.... I'm liking NS more and more....
Old 2009-02-16, 12:40pm
Seeker of Beauty

I cannot even get to their site at all. I'm guessing everyone hitting it at once is just not something they can cope with.

After the first day frenzy is over, I'm sure the site will be much better.
AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-02-16, 12:44pm
Master Procrastinator

The site may be much better, but will there be any glass left??? Rob, pass me a valium, will you?!??

Old 2009-02-16, 12:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
The site may be much better, but will there be any glass left??? Rob, pass me a valium, will you?!??
I would if I could. My second one kicked in so I'm back. I don't think I'd be able to function today with out them.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandErin View Post
I can just imagine how stressful this is for them. They are trying to do something very nice for us by giving such a great price.
I'm sure sale time is dreaded there. I also think the shopping cart is supposed to make everyones life easier- and this year it seems not to have made much difference. I'm sure Saturday was hell there.

Old 2009-02-16, 1:00pm

They just ran out of warm yellow. It was in my shopping cart but ran out while I tried to add other things...

Old 2009-02-16, 1:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandErin View Post
They just ran out of warm yellow. It was in my shopping cart but ran out while I tried to add other things...
That was one I was hoping to get. wonder if they will have any of my precious pumpkin left by the time I get back on and can check out.

Old 2009-02-16, 1:06pm
Button Queen

Actually, the shopping cart might not have made much difference for them. But it HAS made a whole lot of customers MUCH more frustrated.

I gave up about an hour ago. I probably will wind up not buying anything, it just isn't worth it to me any more.

And after I work off some of this frustration, I'll probably go get me some of the NS odds that are on sale. At least I'll be able to order them quickly and efficiently. But right now I'm so frustrated that I don't even want to buy anything... which makes my hubby and the credit card happy.
Old 2009-02-16, 1:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
That was one I was hoping to get. wonder if they will have any of my precious pumpkin left by the time I get back on and can check out.
Pumpkin was the other one that ran out early on while I added things... sorry! Maybe some of the people that put their order through twice will free up some of these colors when GA gets in straightened out

Old 2009-02-16, 1:14pm

ok, i didn't go to work, and decided to try and buy some glass. i got my cart all loaded and when i am finally going to check out....the colors i need the most are all gone. So, over two hours wasted sitting in front of the computer.

we had a term for this in the Army...it was called a cluster $@*%.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein