Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-08-17, 11:08am

I don't have any pictures of her at the torch. I love the FB picture of her. It is so her and shows her happiness. Heather (sister in law) was going to go through the photo's on her computer. They were also looking for pictures for the services today. I can ask her if she found any with her on the torch. She seldom got to torch so I am thinking there may not be one.
Take care.
Old 2009-08-17, 7:44pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

This sounds like a great tribute! I'd love to contribute something. Deb, the scholarships are a wonderful memorial! What a great bunch of people!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-08-17, 8:38pm
it is what it is......

wow you all are so great! i will bring some beads and crystals and such with me. deb, what a great idea for the scholarships!

Old 2009-08-17, 10:40pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

...and ya know I ALWAYS travel with wire and tools - so anything
that needs fancying or purdying up - I'm game for that!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-08-18, 7:26am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks SO much all of you, Chelle is smiling down at us

Ok, Friday night, anyone that wants to help we will be at project table #1 from 7-10pm (I think I may have a demo that night, I will try and switch it around!). I looked and can't find the nice keychain you add a bead to I had, RATS! Anyone? Karen, you make life itself purdy, can't WAIT to see ya

I will be sending out the last update in the next couple days, PLEASE double check everything on there to make sure you have it all! Karen, did we do a final checklist for everyone to print out? That was a super great idea!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 2009-08-18, 7:31am
Wooohooo,GS!

Jo, can we get a copy of that FB pic? Or any one you think is her at her best? Anyone that can get a poster made of it asap? Can we order it online in time? I will gladly cover the costs!
Hugs deb

Old 2009-08-18, 8:09am

lets see if this will work
Old 2009-08-18, 10:56am

Count me in as well for beads, etc. and helping in any way that I can.

Old 2009-08-18, 11:48am

mee too..count me in for help!
Old 2009-08-19, 6:11am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Jo! Can anyone turn that into a poster? I will see what I can do with it tonight...got a lot to do today!

Leslie and Jewels, thanks SO much, Chelle would be so happy!

You are all incredible people!
Hugs deb

Old 2009-08-19, 8:38pm
I'm meeeeelting

TWO WEEKS!!!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-08-19, 10:55pm

I know I saw a list of what to bring now I can't find it. Anyone know where it is?

Old 2009-08-19, 11:07pm
I'm meeeeelting

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ht=glass+stock

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-20, 12:07am

Thanks Felicia

Old 2009-08-20, 7:53am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! Thought I would let you all know the weather this summer here has been weird...lots of clouds and misty rain. Make sure you bring/wear layers, it could be 50 and misty, it could be 75 and gloriously sunny. That is the beauty of the Oregon coast!

For those of you doing KLB, please bring a change of outer wear (like an overshirt, apron, etc) as it is messy and a little itchy afterward if you don't change.

Anyone have lodging room for a couple? Let me know if you do!

Getting SUPER excited! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!
deb

Old 2009-08-20, 8:40am
Beyond Cloud 9!

I was so hoping for that Indian Summer weather I read about.

Two Weeks!! Whoo hoo!

Old 2009-08-20, 8:55am
Critter Mom

What's KLB ??? I'd probably know what it was if I was doing it, but then again...
Only 2 weeks...I'm so excited, now if I can just get into my studio to make a few beads. I'm laying tile floor in the kitchen starting today so maybe by Sunday/Monday I'll be able to get the cabinets out of my studio and into the kitchen where they belong.

Old 2009-08-20, 9:53am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lisa, I know! Maybe, just maybe......we have been spoiled with great weather every year except the very first one (and that was in a big tent here on the property, it was rainy and cold!).

Bonnie, wow, I thought I had a lot to do, lol! Good luck with the renovations! The KLB is Kaiser Lee Board, they carve the board and slump glass on it.
deb

Old 2009-08-20, 1:33pm
Type ZZZ personality

Default Trip to Glass Alchemy in Portland, pre-GlassStock

I'm going to post this in a couple of places so more people can see it:

I talked to Jodi Grimmet at Glass Alchemy about visiting the factory and she requested that we all come at the same time, instead of all different times.

The tour is Tuesday, Sept 1, around 10am. They will show us around and if you pre-order any glass, they can have it ready for you.

If anyone else wants to go to GA and check out where that awesome boro glass is made, please let me know so I can give Jodi and Susan a headcount.

Their web site is http://www.glassalchemy.com

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons

Last edited by rusticstudio; 2009-08-20 at 1:36pm.
Old 2009-08-20, 2:12pm
Angel's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I'm going to post this in a couple of places so more people can see it:

I talked to Jodi Grimmet at Glass Alchemy about visiting the factory and she requested that we all come at the same time, instead of all different times.

The tour is Tuesday, Sept 1, around 10am. They will show us around and if you pre-order any glass, they can have it ready for you.

If anyone else wants to go to GA and check out where that awesome boro glass is made, please let me know so I can give Jodi and Susan a headcount.

Their web site is http://www.glassalchemy.com
Does it have to be Tuesday? How about Monday afternoon? I know of 2-3 people who would like to go Monday (flights leave early Tuesday).
Old 2009-08-20, 2:34pm
Master Procrastinator

No way I can make Tuesday. My flight leaves late Monday. I know I had e-mailed them way back when to ask what their hours might be that weekend & they said they'd consider opening on Monday for GS attendees. I don't want to step on any toes though.

Old 2009-08-20, 4:22pm

I am taking a few people over on Wednesday afternoon before heading down to glass stock I guess I should call Jody or susan and see if they can take us around otherwise it is just a buying visit. We are going before heading down to the beach if anyone wants to caravan with us let me know

Old 2009-08-20, 5:54pm
Master Procrastinator

OOOPS. Just realized that you posted the tour as being on the Wed. BEFORE GS. Still can't do it unfortunately. I won't be flying in till Wed.

Old 2009-08-20, 7:18pm

That is when we are going is after the peoples flights come in it is very close to the airport so let me know what time you come in and maybe you can meet up with us and go then.

Old 2009-08-20, 7:39pm

Gee, wish we could go but our flight doesn't get in until almost 5pm. It was earlier but AA changed it on us

Old 2009-08-20, 8:15pm
it is what it is......

i have a couple of those beadable keychains Deb....already have them packed up for ya

Old 2009-08-20, 8:53pm
Critter Mom

I'd like to take the tour but we're driving up on Tuesday so we probably wont get there till late afternoon. Guess we'll have to find some other touristie type things to do...maybe visit the aquarium.

Old 2009-08-20, 9:06pm
I'm meeeeelting

Just curious - are there any places to eat within walking distance of GS?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-20, 10:02pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

The haunted lighthouse sounds like fun!

Old 2009-08-21, 7:29am
Wooohooo,GS!

Judi, wow, thanks honey! That crosses one thing off my list!!!
If you can make it the GA tour is awesome! Tell everyone I said hi!

Felicia, there are a few places to eat but they are about a 1/2 mile walk. There will be plenty of folks headed into town to eat (Newport) so I am sure you could grab a ride.

Lisa, the haunted lighthouse? Which one is that, we have 2 in town.
There are also whale watching/ fishing boats in Depoe Bay, a great aquarium, the bayfront, Nye Beach, crabbing, clamming, etc, a lot to do here! I sure hope we get good beach weather too!

I am getting so excited! deb