Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-07-26, 8:25am

Default Would there be any interest in a wire wrapped floating heart earring tutorial?

There would be some fusing in this tutorial but the hearts are cute and they can easily be made into a pendant as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Facebook
Old 2009-07-26, 8:29am

Here is another picture with a closer look at the wire wrap.

My Facebook
Old 2009-07-26, 8:30am
Etched Metal Rocks...

They are gorgeous. I'll have to keep an eye on your store for a pair.

Old 2009-07-26, 8:37am

Thank you Lisa! I'm working on a couple pair right now in 2 different sizes. If I can get rid of hubby and son for a few hours then I may get them finished. I'm trying to get them to play golf today.

My Facebook
Old 2009-07-26, 9:15am
Senior Moment

Those are wonderful, I would definitly be interested in a tutorial, especially if it includes how you antique the metal.

Old 2009-07-26, 10:04am
I think I could be a bead

I think that's great! I'd love to buy the tutorial!

Old 2009-07-26, 10:10am
glass nerd!

I'm your #1 fan so of course I would be in!

Old 2009-07-26, 10:16am
Etched Metal Rocks...

Do you make them in sterling silver?

Old 2009-07-26, 10:36am
Formerly Sassygirl

I would love to buy your tut!!!!

Old 2009-07-26, 10:50am

Thanks everyone! I can make them out of fine silver but I'm out of the thicker gauge wire at the moment. I hope to order some soon to try it out though. LOL!

My Facebook
Old 2009-07-26, 11:00am
Etched Metal Rocks...

If you think about it, give me a shout when you have the fine silver. What gauge to you need? I have a bunch that I haven't started fusing yet.

Old 2009-07-26, 1:32pm

WOW! That was a storm! My power went out and the storm just popped up out of no where. LOL!
I use the 16 gauge wire for the larger hearts and I'm trying out the 18 gauge for the smaller hearts. I found some 18 gauge fine silver wire that I forgot about and I'm going to see if I have enough to make a pair with it. LOL!

My Facebook
Old 2009-07-26, 1:32pm
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

I am interested in this too, and also would love to know it in sterling silver. They look fantastic, I love your stuff and have almost bought some of your other tutes but I keep chickening out - heheheeee................ but this looks more my entry level and maybe then I can move onto your other tutes.

------------------------------------------------

~ SRA#L-88
Old 2009-07-26, 1:40pm
Kerry

I would be interested in a Tut. Most definately!

Click the banner to visiti the store

Old 2009-07-26, 2:04pm
Serenity Now!

Oh Jewlie, Jewlie, Jewlie...Why-O-why are you being such a silly goose??! Your work, and previous tuts are just fab ~ OF COURSE there'd be interest - count me in!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-07-26, 8:28pm

Oh Val, Hehehe! Thank you!

My Facebook
Old 2009-07-26, 8:39pm

[quote=BeCharmed;2593366]I am interested in this too, and also would love to know it in sterling silver.

I think sterling silver would have to be soldered but you can fuse .999 fine silver. Its pretty much like fusing copper except it does melt faster and at a lower heat or flame.

Thanks everyone! I'm taking my notes now and will start on this tutorial soon.

My Facebook
Old 2009-07-27, 12:38pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

I'd love to have a tutorial on these - they're beautiful!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2009-07-27, 12:54pm

Those are great!
Old 2009-07-30, 8:53pm

I would love love love this tut. However, I have never worked with anything like this. Would this be a good tutorial for a beginning metal worker? If not, do you have a very basic tut first and then graduate to this?

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2009-08-04, 8:30am

Hi Kat! This pair of earrings would require fusing and balling up the ends of the copper or fine silver and may take some practice until you get the feel of it. I think the hardest part is keeping both hearts the same size and shape to make the earrings with. The hearts would also make a cute pendant by just adding a jump ring instead of a ear wire and it would give you some practice at making the hearts and then you could try to make earrings later after a little practice. The wire wrapping part of the earrings is easy.

My Facebook
Old 2009-08-04, 8:32am

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have started on the tutorial too! I almost forgot to mention it. LOL!

My Facebook
Old 2009-08-04, 3:05pm
I'd rather be torching.

Only if I can claim that I made the earrings, and am the owner of the design, and that I single handedly came up with the formula for making silver sterling, and that I invented the heart shape and the term "fishhook earrings" .......... LOL

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.
~Twyla Tharp
I know where I am. I've been lost here before.
Old 2009-08-04, 3:10pm
I'd rather be torching.

They are very cute and I bet you will have a lot of takers.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.
~Twyla Tharp
I know where I am. I've been lost here before.
Old 2009-08-04, 3:59pm

Thank you Leigh!

My Facebook
Old 2009-08-06, 4:30pm

I'm finished! Whew! Let me know if you have any questions!

My Facebook
Old 2009-08-06, 8:20pm

Thanks for the info Julie. I definitely think I will try it. You have to start somewhere...right? And yes, the pendant definitely sounds easier than the exactly matched earrings...schew...less pressure...lol.

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2009-08-08, 7:42pm
Bead Imp

Ordered it last night Julie! Can't wait to receive it!