No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-06-02, 9:59am
Beads Beads Glass

Default my show set up

I wrote this as a answer to a question in the bathroom but did not want to get as off topic as I have to I thought I would post here Feel free to post your own set up here if you want to, (I filed to find a set up thread lol )

I should start by saying I do NOT sell finished jewelry, anymore only loose beads mostly to wholesalers who in turn make necklaces bracelets and stuff that they then sell at a mark up,

I should also say I am a room whore taking two to five big tables at one show.

I have two sets of set up for trunk shows one is the new beads in there own boxes with cotton, and the other half is the beads that have been showed before in cigar boxes by price, they don't really get marked down (unless I have them on sale, and the new beads not) when they move to the cigar boxes 1$ 3$ 5$ 10$ 15$ 20$ but some people just like to dig, I do have more beads get broken in the cigar boxes .... that made no sense let me find some photos...

I tend to do shows in the same places and people got tired of feeling they were always looking at the same beads,

so I started moving them so they know what they have dug through before and whats new, I find they still buy just as many of the "old" beads as they do the "new" beads in the white boxes.

I should say I make beads full time. and have 600-900 new beads at each show. the most of the (new cotton boxes beads) I have ever had a one show was 1400 ya I worked my butt off for that one lol

I did start out with a 1$ bowl and I just found it was easy to move to the boxes, I get the white boxes empty wholesale and they (in bulk) run about 3-5 cents a box (depending on how low cut my top is we discovered lol) so I don't even include it in the price of the bead also many of my buyers bring me back the boxes they don't want so some of the white boxes have been used in 5 or 6 shows. I just did a show and I think I have 400 empty waiting to be filled right now,

I price, string and box beads once a week so I am not stressing out boxing beads right before a show lol I price them on the lids and string them in place with fishing line so they can't fall out of the boxes if dropped.

I have also found I have ZERO theft with this set up, I always inventory everything before and after the show even my bowl beads,

I have not had coffee, I hope that was somewhat understandable lol

I know easy break down of all that nonsense!!!!

new never before seen beads = white cotton boxes

beads that have been shown before = in the cigar boxes sometimes discounted

that's my friends Coni and Jenny in the first photo
the last photo is the beads before I box them
Attached Images

Actions, even desperately stupid ones, have consequences

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 10:46am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Holy cow. How many hours a day do you torch?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-06-02, 11:20am
sunscreen me baby

I love the box idea! But, do you have to take the cover each one and then put the cover back on to set up?

~

Old 2013-06-02, 11:26am
sunscreen me baby

I have a combination of loose bead trays, (pocket inserts like Kimberly has in her last picture), beads on a stand and strands in a tray. Although my strands are only boro discs so I can keep like colors together. People love to go through the pockets of beads. I have bowls I hand customers to keep their beads in while they decide. Most beads are in stackable trays so set up and break down is pretty easy as long as I'm driving. I just stack and put them in handy carry bags.

~

Old 2013-06-02, 1:31pm
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eregel View Post
Holy cow. How many hours a day do you torch?
use to be 6-11hr a day but I have cut back so I can work online more so I am only running 5hr at best a day Yep I am addicted

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 1:33pm
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I love the box idea! But, do you have to take the cover each one and then put the cover back on to set up?
Thanks
the white boxes have the lids under them with the price on the side of the lid so I don't have to take them on and off lol the fishing line is enough to hold the lid in place let me get a pic, I am not doing well with words today lol

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 1:40pm
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
I have a combination of loose bead trays, (pocket inserts like Kimberly has in her last picture), beads on a stand and strands in a tray. Although my strands are only boro discs so I can keep like colors together. People love to go through the pockets of beads. I have bowls I hand customers to keep their beads in while they decide. Most beads are in stackable trays so set up and break down is pretty easy as long as I'm driving. I just stack and put them in handy carry bags.
Cool I usually color code as the show slows down It always gets mixed up before the show

ooo pics ya...
Attached Images

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 1:45pm
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
I wind up with a Laundry basket with the cigar boxes and some books and then the white boxes come in a case box of 100 so I have 5 to 9 of those cases it is a really fast setup. I can sometimes take my Hot head but not too often
all and all I fill up two seats in the back of are truck and everything stacks on a bookshelf in my studio out of the way at home.

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 2:10pm
beads....mmmm

I love your box idea! Wiring beads into the boxes is very clever.

::
Old 2013-06-02, 2:35pm
Beads Beads Glass

Thanks Deborah its been working pretty good I just have to make sure I have enough room at the show

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 2:45pm
I ate a big red candle!

Do you have anymore pictures of your booth setup? I always love seeing them and hearing new ideas.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-06-02, 3:10pm
Beads Beads Glass

I can look I had to get my computer fixed and I lost a lot of my photos

here are some photos of old set ups i pulled off Facebook. the last one was the only time I had the lids price side up.

the paintings belong to my friend Lori
Attached Images

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 3:12pm
I ate a big red candle!

that table full of boxes is pretty impressive. I like those plastic clear molds. Good idea!

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-06-02, 3:14pm
Beads Beads Glass

hee hee those are the tops of the Egg cartons at kroger they are a square foot errr I think

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 3:19pm
Beads Beads Glass

I found more

I don't use the pendent frame anymore I should put it in the GS
Attached Images

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-02, 5:34pm
Pyro Tyro

Very nice displays!! Great ideas. Thanks for sharing

Old 2013-06-02, 7:08pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

wow - impressive!