No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-07-08, 10:51am
Queen Tut ;)

Default Oxycon vendor feedback?

I was exploring Oxycon options, as I need to add to my current set-up and I was wondering if anyone has experience with http://hobbiesforus.com ?

Has anyone purchased an oxycon from them, and if so, was it a good product, delivered timely, an overall good experience?

Thanks!
Jenne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-08, 10:55am
I fart diamonds

I bought an oxycon from them several years ago and it was a good experience. Have never needed any support, so I can't speak to that aspect, however, I do recommend them to people looking for a good deal on oxycons. They have great prices on 10lpm & high pressure machines.

Old 2013-07-08, 11:19am
Queen Tut ;)

Thanks Shawnette! I've not seen any feedback about them, so I'm very curious because they do have good prices. That helps so much

Old 2013-07-08, 11:36am
I think I could be a bead

I bought two from them, and they each lasted less than a year. I switched to a new supplier then.

Old 2013-07-08, 12:45pm
Shelarious

I bought one in 2009 I think. Never needed any service. Still works great.

Old 2013-07-08, 1:04pm
Storm Queen

I'm on my third one from them in my 10 years of torching. I abuse mine though. My first two were in the garage where it was dusty and dirty and I never did anything with the filters. Which reminds me I have to change mine. So I'm on my third one and this one is in my studio where it's still dusty. I use mine about 14-20 hours a week.

I did have an issue with my last purchase. The compressor was bad when I got it. Called them up, they talked me through some checks and came to that conclusion. They paid for it to get shipped back and sent me a new one. Communication was good but they were slow getting me my replacement. Slow as in 10 days....not 100.

ETA: my second one still works but it alarms after about an hour of use.

Old 2013-07-08, 1:20pm
I ate a big red candle!

I've bought one from them with no problems.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-07-08, 1:55pm

I bought one from them. I am local to them, I called on December 28 to talk about one. I decided to buy it at 9:00 that night, called him back then. He fixed one up Saturday the 29th and hand delivered it Sunday morning with everything I needed to y it together with my other one.

I will be calling him shortly for my third concentrator.

And it has a 1 year warranty if I am not mistaken.

Chuck
Old 2013-07-08, 2:24pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough_necked View Post
I bought one from them. I am local to them, I called on December 28 to talk about one. I decided to buy it at 9:00 that night, called him back then. He fixed one up Saturday the 29th and hand delivered it Sunday morning with everything I needed to y it together with my other one.

I will be calling him shortly for my third concentrator.

And it has a 1 year warranty if I am not mistaken.

Chuck
They advertise a 3 year warranty.

Old 2013-07-08, 3:27pm

I am mistaken then
Old 2013-07-08, 3:53pm

I bought a M15 from them 4 years ago and it's still running great and never had a problem with it.
Old 2013-07-08, 7:53pm

I bought mine from them some years ago. I did need to get service under warranty and shipping wasn't covered, but I've otherwise been pleased.
Old 2013-07-15, 5:05pm
Queen Tut ;)

Ok, finally found this thread after it got moved...

Thanks for all the feedback, sounds like mostly positive experiences.

Old 2013-07-16, 8:11pm
Pyro Tyro

I bought a Devilbiss (sp?) w/a 2 year warranty. I did not find communication to be great. My machine stopped working 2 months after the warranty

I got my second on from Kimberly (KBinkster) - good price, nice machine and a longer warranty