No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-08-06, 11:02pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default torch protection at shows

bump...anyone puhleese

I remember seeing something on here where people were advising/showing how to make a three sided protection barrier for demo's on shows, and I cant find it. Anyone happen to remember where it was? thanks for any advice

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-08-07 at 10:17am.
Old 2010-08-07, 1:57pm

I use three sheets of Plexiglas, hinged with wire ties. Kids will stake out a spot directly in front of the torch, this is a must for public demos.

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-07, 3:02pm
Glass-aholic

Yes plexi is great! I actually just use clear plastic packing tape to hold the pieces together. it has held up a LONG time, longer than I thought it would. It stretches a bit so you can actually fold it up. I use bricks to secure it on my table even more.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2010-08-07, 4:35pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

That is a fantastic idea and yep, you are so right about the kids, Steve.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-08-07, 5:04pm

That's what I use too and yes kids and adults will stand right in front of you. It also protects your flame from wind.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-08-07, 5:26pm
Life is good

what about eye protection for the ones watching?

Old 2010-08-08, 6:18pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelovins View Post
what about eye protection for the ones watching?
for the short time they watch its not really necessary, i usually hand around a spare pair of didys just so they can see what i'm doing

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-08-09, 9:45am
fritaholic

DH mad a tall, 3 sided plexiglass shield and put it together with piano hinges. It is very stable, even in awful wind.

Lisa
Old 2010-08-09, 7:04pm

Default Plexi Glass

Booth set up
Better picture of torch table with out glare

Used a 5 shelf metal storage rack to build it. Bolted plywood to one shelf and lined it with metal sheeting and J chanel to hold plexi-glass steady in the wind.
MarieAnn

Last edited by beadgirl; 2010-08-09 at 7:16pm. Reason: adding photo