Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2018-02-22, 11:04pm
And silence is golden

Default Infinite Rim marble molds

Does anybody know if DanG is still producing his Infinite Rim marble molds? He hasn't been on here in ages, as we all have taken a break. I see that there are still glass suppliers still carrying the molds.

UPDATE: Have located DanG. I wish to delete my thread, but can't figure out how to.

Last edited by Shrimp; 2018-02-22 at 11:21pm.
Old 2018-03-06, 2:41pm

Now i need to know what this is, sounds so intriguing! Setting up my studio and collecting all new tools. Something worth seeking out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2018-03-06, 9:46pm
Phill

Here is a link where I think Sue explains them Val;

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here is another thread with a link to a John Kobuki video using one at Corning in post number 6.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2018-03-06 at 11:32pm.
Old 2018-03-06, 10:05pm

Thank you Phill!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2018-03-21, 8:19pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Now i need to know what this is, sounds so intriguing! Setting up my studio and collecting all new tools. Something worth seeking out?
I'm so tickled that you are getting back into making beads. I've been going through all of my old frits, and there is this box of unused Val Cox frits that I might just have to play with.
Old 2018-03-22, 8:55am

Quote:
I'm so tickled that you are getting back into making beads. I've been going through all of my old frits, and there is this box of unused Val Cox frits that I might just have to play with.
gosh thank you! It was a needed break for the 7-8 years...we were moving so many times to wonderful cities once the kids moved out, but some just weren't conducive to flame working. So i learned how to paint and I'll tell you, that is a challenging skill! Once we set up in this new home, I naturally went back to frits because I love the organic, free flowing style, unpredictable style. When I saw how many new glasses were on the market from Germany and small American batch shops, tints and reactives, etc, I started mixing and buying once again...then had to sell some so Fred didn't catch on to my obsession!
Yes, melt that glass, that's what it's for!

Old 2018-03-23, 8:34am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Once we set up in this new home, I naturally went back to frits because I love the organic, free flowing style, unpredictable style. When I saw how many new glasses were on the market from Germany and small American batch shops, tints and reactives, etc, I started mixing and buying once again...then had to sell some so Fred didn't catch on to my obsession!
Yes, melt that glass, that's what it's for!
So are you now in charge of Val Cox Frits? Or is your sister still the proprietor?
Old 2018-03-23, 8:25pm

Quote:
So are you now in charge of Val Cox Frits? Or is your sister still the proprietor?
A partnership... my sister, Sabrina, and I each have those traits we are skilled at, and a lot of respect for each other! She will continue doing the main order fulfillment from Vermont as she has for many years. I’m just designing new blends and shipping those early trials from my studio in Virginia for the first 4-6 weeks before the final selected designs will be available in the main ValCox Frit store. I’m also working with her little by little to get the total collection trimmed down a bit in the number of different offerings, but that takes time and thought.

Old 2018-04-05, 2:20pm

Glad to have you back! Your name is all over my shop. Lol Last I knew you were in Georgia. I figured you were on the beach!
Old 2018-04-11, 8:17pm

Quote:
Glad to have you back! Your name is all over my shop. Lol Last I knew you were in Georgia. I figured you were on the beach!
Thank you Pat! Yes we loved living in Atlanta, it was a favorite. After that we were in Boston for a couple years, then we finally retired in Virginia which is now home, with acres of young apple trees!