Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-08-09, 9:59pm

Default Show Me Your Blog

OK - I'm interested in looking at what people have done with their blogs. How are you making it interesting for readers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-08-16, 7:21pm

Hi Jackie,
I am new to blogging, so I don't think I can offer a lot of information except to say that I have already found blogging to be a lot of fun. I know that there are some great blogs out there and one of them is authored by Lori Greenberg. You can find a link to it on the homepage of her website at www.lorigreenberg.com. Also, she has a blog named Bead Nerd (you have probably seen her banner here on LE) with information for people in the business and there is a little info about blogging at this link:

http://beadnerd.com/?s=blog

While I'm on the subject, if you see this posting Lori, thanks for all the helpful information that you share so generously!

Best of luck, Jackie!

Blog:
Old 2007-08-16, 9:35pm

Teresa at Lavender Creek has a great blog. Mine is on my website, just click the blog link. It's my business blog. I have personal blog but haven't touched it in ages.

Old 2007-08-17, 5:06am

Hi Jackie,

You asked how do you make it interesting for readers? It's a pretty straightforward concept, posts should be something people want to read- that comes down to content. Beadmakers want to read about beadmaking - that's why there are so many glass forums. Customers want to read about what you're making, what's new. New bloggers want to read about how to blog.

I'm one of the editors on http://www.artbeadscene.com
we write about jewelry making - how to design with art beads so our blog has tips for jewelry designs, calls for entries, unusual findings, etc.

My beadmaking blog http://lampworkdiva.blogspot.com
is geared towards my beadmaking business - what I'm making in the studio, bead shows I'm exhibiting at, my own learning curve with business, etc.

I'd suggest that you try to decide what you'd like to focus on in your blog and who your readers will be and then write posts that address those readers.

Lots of interesting blogs out there! Enjoy reading them!

Cindy

Old 2007-08-21, 7:28am
Bead Scientist

Jackie,
My blog is www.fiberartglass.blogspot.com

I work in both fiber and glass, which makes the blog a bit unfocused at times, but eventually I want to merge the two, so I just leave it scrambled.

What to post about is THE big question. Lately, I've been posting about inspiration sources, comparing my fiber and glass work, and of course showing new beads and vessels.

Have you seen the new blogging magazine that just published its first issue? It's called Artful Blogger.
http://www.stampington.com/html/artful_blogging.html

Vickie

Old 2007-08-21, 9:54am

Hi Jackie!
I am new to blogging. I just started my blog less than 1 month ago. I try to make the blog mostly announcements since I can't seem to keep up with a daily blog. So things that would take up alot of space on my website like publications and exhibits, etc. I post on my blog. Still learning here. It is mainly for my customers now who buy my finished jewelry and art glass housewares. Please check it out at http://www.beckycongdon.blogspot.com Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Becky Congdon
Old 2007-08-23, 11:21pm

Hey thanks everyone. Vickie - The Artful Blogger sounds great. I'm gong to take a look! Good ideas! I think we can all use blogging to help our business grow and get more hits (and hopefully more customers) on our website. That's really why I started this thread to open up the ideas and creative thoughts. I'm gong to put some of all of your suggestions to use!

Old 2007-08-26, 10:18pm
The Crazy One

I don't have a blog, but I sure enjoy my DD's. I love a lot of the features it has: Map of visitors, Videos and pictures! I noticed that she changed her location from England to Alaska, wow that was a quick update!

"Ramblings of a Deranged Student"

http://playr4jc.blogspot.com/
Old 2007-08-29, 8:27pm

hi Jackie,
I am new to blogging. My blog is called Mad4beads www.kitzbitz.blogspot.com
I am not really sure what other people think is interesting.....I just pop on and post the the odd link or pic for things I think are cool, useful or inspirational and show off a little of my work etc. It is quite an addictive passtime

Old 2007-08-30, 1:26am
disco granola punk

I just started blogging and I'm erratic, but I think blogging is great. I'll never be a daily blogger, but I hope to hit a rhythm with weekly posts once the kids are in school.

(retired from lampworking due to ill health)