Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-05-15, 6:41pm

Default A Beginner's Site

No fancy animations here, no flashing lights. Just something basic...very basic...not even e-commerce (yet)

I've been told that the yellow may be offensive to the eyes for the informational text, but ok for the headings. Yes I know I need to add more pics. The links don't change colors once selected.

Any other comments/suggestions/downright critique? Please let me know

www.sunsationsartglass.com

Duane
Old 2009-05-16, 11:32am

I like it because it's simple and straight forward. I do agree that the yellow is harsh, but that can be changed. Good for you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Etsy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-05-16, 3:14pm

Hey Duane,
I like it. You've got a nice start on the site. On your Links page, the graphic for LB Supplies doesn't show up well. The lettering for Howaco kind of fades into the background, which seems odd b/c the yellow really pops on the rest of the site. All in all, looks good.
Add a bunch of pictures and you're in great shape.
Beth
PS. What ever happened to the donut run? Still waiting......
Old 2009-05-16, 10:17pm
Salt Box Beads

I like it ...alot. Just fix the yellow.
Lorraine
Old 2009-06-05, 4:29am

Default Re-check site

Hey everyone

Text in website has been fixed and more recent pics have been added.
I was actually looking into e-commerce but I think I'd need to change entire site If I ever do something like that, maybe I'll just stick to etsy!

Duane
Old 2009-06-05, 8:33am

Duane,
I use Mal's eCommerce, a free shopping cart. It sends customers to pay via payPal. I have a tutorial on setting up Mal's cart on my second site. I also have a HTML generator that creates the coding for the cart buttons there that you can download too. You don't need to change your site, just plug in the output from the generator into your coding, probably within a <div> </div> .

Steve

Old 2009-06-05, 9:05am
The Voice of Reason

I like it. Normally I would agree that yellow text is tough on the eyes, but since it is in small amounts and it picks up the color in your lamp photo, it seems fine to me. Maybe if you made the yellow a little bit of a lighter shade it would be perfect.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:25am

Duane, I like it. I like the simplicity, and I like that I don't have to scroll!!! Everything is very easy to use, and easy to find, which I find really important when I'm visiting a web site.

I liked that when I opened the "Products" that after the window opened up and the three subcategories were shown in the window, that when I clicked on one, I didn't have to use my back button to see the others because you'd added a side menu.

I would suggest that you add a title to the page so that when people bookmark a page, or look at the top of their browser window, that they see "Sunsation Art Glass" or "About Duane" or "Sunsation Art Glass Beads" "Sunsation Art Glass Stained Glass" etc instead of "sunag1004 >> Page 5 of 8"

That frog stained glass is just gorgeous!!!! And the photo is fantastic, with the rain on it...wow!!!!!

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-06-25, 6:26am
Katherine

Duane, I love your work it is great. My suggestions is for your home page regarding search engines Although search engines are always changing their rules on how they find sites But generally they all use titles, keywords in the meta tag (which you do not have) and also wording on your home page. If you want to pm or email I can give you the coding to use if you are interested and you have access to your code.

(I am so thankful for your help with deciding on which oxycon to purchase it is the least I can do.)