Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-02-27, 7:52am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Default Anybody Hosted By JustTwoGirls? Stories Please?

Hi guys,

most of you probably didnt notice, (if you did, please post! I want to know how many of you did notice). That I had a fancy Oscommerce shopping cart in my jewelry site before, and several months ago, when the hosting up, I move my host back to Godaddy, get a new template for the pages and back to basic, doing everything manually, and use Paypal shopping cart, a copy and paste thing. The Oscommerce is a cool system to have, definitely a breeze to update everything and such, but the nightmarish experience with my provider, made me choose to go back to the basic thing. I am happy right where I am now. Maybe will try the cool system again someday, when I'm over my trauma (definitely with other provider).

I'm just curious if anybody here have their site hosted by JustTwoGirls? If yes, could anybody post their experience here? I'm worry if you found them because of my thread, cause I remember I start a thread praising them, I take all my words back, I didnt know better then, I just found them! I just want to stated here, I take my words back and I do not recommend them.

I do recommend to run to the other direction tho.

Thats all for today, I will post my story if I find a bit more courage later on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-03-05, 12:43am
Sombody's Mom

Someone I knew who used J2G's pointed this out to me a while back.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff210181.htm
http://www.xomreviews.com/justtwogirls.com
http://www.itsbadbusiness.com/2006/0...too_weird.html
http://www.customersarealways.com/20..._justtwog.html
Old 2007-03-05, 1:32am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I wish somebody pointed that out to me before I hired them. I just found out from my cousin a couple weeks ago. I went through hell and back This woman is very sick. But learned my lessons. And I escaped before the big blow (still counting my blessings).

Last edited by born2snooze; 2007-03-05 at 2:10am.
Old 2007-03-05, 6:22am
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Adeline -

I had them do both my italian charm websites.. The first site was an okay experience, she did everything I asked, I actually never paid a dime in hosting it, never really got any support but I was happy with it.. Then about 6 months after it was designed, I wanted to have a mirror site done for my wholesale stuff with just the logo changed.. But I wanted it hosted with Go Daddy.. She got the site installed but never did what was supposed to be done with the graphics and such.. Numerous times did I e-mail her only to get excuses and really stoddy attitude.. Eventually she stopped answering my mail all together. And it wasn't like I was e-mailing daily or anything, it was about once a month just asking when she was going to do the graphics to mirror the other site.

From what I have heard, they ended up scamming a ton of money off people.. I got an e-mail about 2 months ago telling me I had 72 hours to switch over to the provider that she used for hosting or I would lose my site. I chose not to renew the site.. I am very glad I still picked Go Daddy to host the other site because I basically still have all the functionality on that site but my regular one is gone.

I had saw that you posted about J2G a while back praising them for their prices and such.. I would have said something to you then but I figured mine was just an odd experience with them and didn't want to go bad mouthing them. If I had only known then that they were having law suits and numerous issues raised against them, i would have said something. I hope she has to pay restitution to people or something..
Old 2007-03-05, 6:24am
On A Lampwork Hiatus

P.S. I believe their site has been removed and she is no longer allowed to work with computers..
Old 2007-03-05, 6:46am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Megan! I'm sorry to hear your bad experience, but feel better, cause there are many people that had worse experience than us!

15 ladies got together and sued her ass, so I am happy right now that justice is served. I wish they put people in jail for doing this things.

She called me names, and send threatening emails, put me down, messed up with my head for a while -For example: give wrong password and when I have difficulties (of course!) she would taunt me forever and told me that its all because of my stupidity- For awhile there, I kinda wonder if those misunderstandings after another, are really because of me. Now I know that it was not, and I am happy. Plus, I still feel lucky because there are some ladies that had worse, so much worse experience than me. Like, one lady, got locked out from her site and the psycho puts ugly, embarrassing announcement on her frontpage!

I dont loose money either, and I move my host back to Godaddy secretly, before the big blow, and delete all my files from her host. Just because I hate the treatment, and I dont want to stay any longer in her host, I waited till the end of 1 year and leave. I didnt even know that she is a psychopath that time, I just found out a couple weeks ago, there is a whole 28 pages dedicated to her in a forum! Made me feel I live in a cave.

She is a very sick person. And I am happy, soooo happy to know that she is now banned from doing any online service ever! I'm just worry, since this is an online thing, how do we know if she wont surface with other identity? She has many personalities before anyway. Scary!

(((hugs)))