Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-07-22, 8:35am
Favorite color is shiny

Default Looking for something like this.....

I'm looking for something like this. I'm doing a memorial (cremation) bead and something similar would be perfect. looking for any type of bead holder, findings etc.
Any tips or suggestions would very much appreciated. Hmmm should I have put this in the garage sale?

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---> LE
Old 2016-07-23, 2:05pm

Does your kiln develop 1250-1500F? If so, may be silver clay (or bronze clay) could be an option? You can make yours unique bead holders/pendants for any size/shape beads.

Another easy option I could suggest - TierraCast makes components called "links", they fit perfectly 2.4mm (3/32") mandrel holes and come in different lengths and styles - with loops on both ends and with a ball on one end and loop on another. The first version allows to connect the link with a jump ring on each end and then add bails or decorated connectors or components, the second allows to join a bail with a jump ring. The loops of the link are tiny, not wider than the link itself and look better than the loop made on a regular pin.
Old 2016-07-24, 12:42am

I did a search and all I could find was the same cheap angel wings, definitely not like these. Ugh!

Old 2016-07-24, 6:47am

Could it be a pinch bail or some type?

Old 2016-07-24, 8:00am
Favorite color is shiny

Thank you thank you. My kiln does hit those temps and I have some silver clay and the time to experiment. I was hoping that this, what I believe to be a pinch bail, was out there or well something like it and I just didn't know where. I do love making the glass but making it into wearable art is another story and one that I don't enjoy jumping into. I'll check out TierraCast. Again, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post... I really appreciate it.

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2016-07-24, 2:21pm

Seems like I saw something like that in my old rio Grande catalog. Try there.
Old 2016-07-24, 2:23pm

I did a super fast search and didn't find angel wings but this might work : https://www.riogrande.com/Product/St...Accents/612514
Old 2016-07-24, 6:45pm
Favorite color is shiny

THanks Chocake. I followed your link and found a small single wing pinch bail that might work. I appreciate your help and the link.

---> LE