Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-03-01, 9:17pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Very pretty work everyone! Are you sure ya'll are newbies????

Here's a couple I've done the past week. I have 2 more pendants but they are not as spectacular as the ones I've seen in this thread!
Attached Images

Last edited by Elegance_1; 2008-03-01 at 9:20pm.
Old 2008-03-02, 9:36am

Great job you guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-03-02, 8:51pm

Default ONLY a few hours left!

Once I get to work in the morning and post the "CLOSED" line it will be too late.

Not to worry, I will catch you the next time around. If this wasn't soo much of a hassle (and right now it's not) I will host one of these every other month as time permits.

If you can't wait, then get on over to the Bulk Buy section of the Garage sale and get your order in.

Thanks!
Old 2008-03-03, 7:56am

Those are pretty!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-03-03, 7:25pm

I'm sooo excited I tried boro for the first time today and this is what I made. I know its not much and I'm not really sure what colors I used because I bought a bunch of un-labeled boro shorts from someone online. But they're my first so I'm excited.
(I still need to clean them out I was just too excited that I made something with boro lol)
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-03, 10:04pm

Great job!

Old 2008-03-04, 6:04am
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleacim View Post
I'm sooo excited I tried boro for the first time today and this is what I made. I know its not much and I'm not really sure what colors I used because I bought a bunch of un-labeled boro shorts from someone online. But they're my first so I'm excited.
(I still need to clean them out I was just too excited that I made something with boro lol)
Great job Micaela. The best way is to jump right in there.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-03-04, 9:53am

Sooo much better than my first time, or second, or third.....
Old 2008-03-07, 7:22pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

I'm a newbie with boro and I finally took the challenge and sculpted some for the very first time

Here's my first batch... silly me, I didn't have any clear, nor black nor white... thus... used cherry red for the eyes of the surfing kritter... it's standing on a sculpted flower, which I pulled with my pliers

Also tried doing a blown bead and I couldnt resist putting a frog on it... then did some sculpted roses.

What can I say? I LOVE IT! Now, I just need to experiment some more, to get the right colours.
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-07, 8:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifie View Post
I'm a newbie with boro and I finally took the challenge and sculpted some for the very first time

Here's my first batch... silly me, I didn't have any clear, nor black nor white... thus... used cherry red for the eyes of the surfing kritter... it's standing on a sculpted flower, which I pulled with my pliers

Also tried doing a blown bead and I couldnt resist putting a frog on it... then did some sculpted roses.

What can I say? I LOVE IT! Now, I just need to experiment some more, to get the right colours.
very cool rifie!

Old 2008-03-08, 6:03am
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

thanks Dawn

Old 2008-03-08, 8:20am

Newbie of one year. Loving every moment of it!

Vanessa
Old 2008-03-11, 11:40am

Rufie, those are cute!

Vanessa, that's one nice heart and congrats on being in it for a year! Is the party at your house???

GREAT NEWS!

IF YOU ORDERED DURING THE BULK BUY, THE GLASS IS BEING DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE THIS AFTERNOON!

I will be in touch once all the glass is cut, sorted and ready to be mailed.

If you did not get a chance to order and find you need some, send me a pm and I'll see what is left to sell after all the orders are filled.

Thanks!
Old 2008-03-11, 10:59pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

thanks elegance

Old 2008-03-14, 9:26pm

just a couple of things I played with today.
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-15, 7:27am
Master Procrastinator

That's awesome Kare. I love the key!

Old 2008-03-15, 8:32am

I love the key! Very kewl! I think I should have posted my stuff here instead of the regular thread, so here's some more. These are Momka's Pistachio (frog and pear). I'm trying to learn about colors by working them individually. The frog is my 2nd attempt at a frog, and I was so proud of it that I attached it to my purse. The eyes are a bit wonky, and I grabbed blue instead of black for the eyes... but I still like it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hels; 2008-03-15 at 8:35am.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:42pm

Hels and Lea-Thanks!
Great pear and love the frog Hels

Old 2008-03-16, 12:11am
See my quote!!

Everyone is doing such fabulous work!!

Here is my stash from yesterday. I had so much fun. Wish I could torch today as I feel like I'm on a roll. But a show day is messing that up. Ugghhh!!

later

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-03-16, 7:31am

Michelle how fun!! love them
Great Elephant, are you going to do a newbie tut for us?

a few from me
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-16, 8:22am
boro newbie

another pendant to show off
Old 2008-03-16, 8:23am
boro newbie

Kare- love the key and the fish!
Old 2008-03-16, 8:24am
boro newbie

Michelle- Love the critters and how you used the momka's flower rods, cool!
Old 2008-03-16, 5:38pm

Lisa beautiful pendent

Old 2008-03-16, 5:43pm
boro newbie

Thanks! and like you know, it's so much better in person. The blues lean towards purple. I think I used blue lightening for this one.
Old 2008-03-17, 6:46am
put a bird on it

Kare, that is a way cool fish!!!
Old 2008-03-18, 2:14am
See my quote!!

Thanks guys.

Another heart and frog pendants from me.

Kare, love the fish!!

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-03-18, 2:16am
See my quote!!

Lisa that blue pendant is beautiful!!

Old 2008-03-18, 7:40am

Wow... all of these are beautiful!

That little heart frog is so perfect too! Awsome!
Old 2008-03-19, 1:50pm

Michelle, your frogs are so adorable! I just love their expressions!
Kare, I think you really have a good thing going with those keys! Keep it up.
Lisa, a very well done pendant! It's simply elegant.
Hels, that pistachio looks great as a pear! Like that you have made a different sort of vessel!

I have a couple of ruffled beads to show and an arrowhead (if you haven't already seen it in the regular S&T.