Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-04-10, 6:50pm

Default Question: How much photoshop tutorial do you want?

I am currently working on a video tutorial for Photoshop. I want to show the basics of the tools, layers, and other enhancements for bead photography. So far I have close to 4 hours recorded And I'm a little over halfway done. That's a lot of video and there is more to come. I'll be able to slim some of it down when I edit it.

My questions are:,
  • Would you prefer I talk about each tool, filter layer and so on and how it relates to bead photography?
  • Or would you like a tutorial that is just a walk through of a bunch of bead photography touch ups and prep?
  • Or would you not mind at all that the tutorial is long, because that's what the skip button is for.

What I want to do is give a solid understanding of photoshop, but I don't want to bore you with techniques and tools you don't care about. I understand not everybody can take a lot of time out of there day filter through information trying to get to what they really want to learn.

I'll continue to record more than I need right now. But this info will come in handy when I start editing.

Thanks and have a great day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not the Camera that takes the photo, it's the photographer.
Old 2010-04-10, 7:03pm

Personally, I think the more specific and detailed you can be, the better. The length wouldn't bother me. I'd rather have more than I need, than less.
Old 2010-04-10, 8:17pm

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work. I personally would like a condensed version, the most info. in the shortest amount of time. However, that being said, a tutorial of any kind would beat having to find a class somewhere. I'm very interested to see what you come up with.

Old 2010-04-10, 8:26pm
Living out Loud

Give me all you've got!!! I need the help.

Old 2010-04-10, 8:29pm

Me too,will definitely get this tutorial.
Old 2010-04-11, 6:07am

I'd like to see one that had just everyday language. Most peeps reading it have no tech know how to start with and when a person uses terms that we (I) don't know it is a big turn off
Liz R

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2010-04-11, 2:50pm

I would like to see how each tool relates to bead photography. Similar to the way your better bead shots presents information..short and to the point. Anita
Old 2010-04-15, 6:43am
Noobie

I agree with Liz..a tutorial with steps on how to start and a definition of the terms and why you would want to do something...I played around with photoshop tutorial type program and I did something with "layers". I dont know what layers are, what u would use them for and why you would use them..there was no explanation..What I accomplished was screwing up the picture. I think this would be a must have tut. for a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus Beads View Post
I'd like to see one that had just everyday language. Most peeps reading it have no tech know how to start with and when a person uses terms that we (I) don't know it is a big turn off
Liz R
Old 2010-04-15, 7:20am
Hagstrom Art Glass

As a certified Elements Junkie...and long time Lamper I would say...if you marketing them for glass people and such......either give em all you got....or have a basic and advanced apps.

Like two or more volumes. I consider my self fairly PS savy...and I will buy them from you...Good niche to fill.

Old 2010-05-29, 10:20am
In the line of fire

I want it ALL, in a language I can understand (lampwork terminology - good / graphic art terminology - BAD) and I need it yesterday! Wonderful you are making this effort!

Old 2010-05-29, 10:49am
Dancing Moon Shadows

I just got PSE. I like it, but there is so much to look at, I don't know what it all means, and it's overwhelming to me.

I wouldn't care how long it was, but I really like your idea about having a bunch of set ups and show us how to achieve the shot.

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-05-30, 8:04pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

I agree, I don't care how long it is either. This would be such valuable information to have. Thanks so much Keith for taking the time to do this for all of us!!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-05-31, 8:57am
Lovin' that glass...

Ohh, I *so* need this information. I'm looking forward to simply ALL of it.... well, doesn't hurt that I'm an InfoManiac! <vbg>
Old 2010-06-03, 8:40am

OOOO boy, do I need this too!! I am preparing to launch my own website and I am ready to do the picture taking steps so yes details is very good! Thank you and Babette, it is good to see I am not the only one who needs to soak up as much info as possible, plus the fact that I still have "old school" tendencies..lol. Does anyone remember the square instamatics with the square cube bulb you would pop on top for the flash..uhhh..from the late 60s?....where does the time go. yes...fantisitic...thank you!!
Old 2010-06-03, 9:59am

What version of Photoshop are you using in the tutorial?
Old 2010-06-03, 10:17am
Will work for glass...

PLEASE get this one out there ASAP!
Old 2010-06-15, 9:58pm

I would be interested but I see the OP has not been back since 4/10/10. Is it available somewhere and I'm not finding it?

Old 2010-06-16, 7:45am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_H View Post
I am currently working on a video tutorial for Photoshop. I want to show the basics of the tools, layers, and other enhancements for bead photography. So far I have close to 4 hours recorded And I'm a little over halfway done. That's a lot of video and there is more to come. I'll be able to slim some of it down when I edit it.

My questions are:,
  • Would you prefer I talk about each tool, filter layer and so on and how it relates to bead photography?
  • Or would you like a tutorial that is just a walk through of a bunch of bead photography touch ups and prep?
  • Or would you not mind at all that the tutorial is long, because that's what the skip button is for.

What I want to do is give a solid understanding of photoshop, but I don't want to bore you with techniques and tools you don't care about. I understand not everybody can take a lot of time out of there day filter through information trying to get to what they really want to learn.

I'll continue to record more than I need right now. But this info will come in handy when I start editing.

Thanks and have a great day!
How great! Did you get permission from Adobe for screen shots? If so, how long did it take? I contacted them about two months ago and still haven't heard back.

Old 2010-06-16, 8:01am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by debim View Post
Is it available somewhere and I'm not finding it?
Yes. Just go into your Photoshop menu and click on "help". There you have your instructions. You can also check with your local library to see if they have a book available.
Old 2010-06-16, 9:50am
Dancing Moon Shadows

I have found that "HELP" section is PSE to be a pain in the butt, and it never has what I'm specifically looking for.

I did find THIS helpful: http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-elements-8/

[/b][/i][/font]