Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-03-14, 10:02pm

Default Olympic Color Rods

Just wanted to say that I ordered from them and I am so pleased with their quick shipping and great packaging. I will definitely order from them again.

And one more thing, they have the most beautiful colors. Gold Violet is my favorite. A deep cranberry that doesn't metal up like Rubino. Yum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-03-15, 6:18am

What is the COE, Cynthia?
Old 2012-03-15, 6:22am

I always get my Reichenbach from them, both 96 and 104. And they always call me when I get a mixed order of coe's just to make sure I understand what I am doing. I love it!
Old 2012-03-15, 6:46am
Always with a smile!

Yes, they are wonderful and fast!

) and
)
Old 2012-03-15, 7:26am
Lampworkaholic!

I
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reichenbach 104 Gold Violet!

Also, R 104 Lilac, Purple Rose, Opal Raspberry, Pink Lady. Also Caramel, Aqua and Ocean.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-03-15, 7:42am
I like to melt things

I'm hooked on the 104 Mystic Beige, Mystic Coral, Raku and Magic.

I still haven't tried Lilac or Purple Rose - I really need to get some of those.

-
-
Old 2012-03-15, 7:49am

It's 104 Pat.

Old 2012-03-15, 7:50am

I saw these colors. I think I'll get these and try them out. Elizabeth, I'll add yours too. I have not tried too many colors. They were at the Gathering here in California, and I bought some rods of the Gold Violet. I had about three inches left and started to panic LOL! I should have bought more colors when I ordered more of that.

Quote:
I'm hooked on the 104 Mystic Beige, Mystic Coral, Raku and Magic.

I still haven't tried Lilac or Purple Rose - I really need to get some of those.

Last edited by glassactcc; 2012-03-15 at 7:53am.
Old 2012-03-15, 7:51am

Silver brown in a favorite of mine. But I do love many others. And yes, always good service!

Old 2012-03-15, 9:31am

If you have a chance to visit, the guys in the warehouse are a hoot! Totally happy to follow you around and answer questions - even kept a nephew entertained for me while I shopped.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:35am

I really love R104 Strawberry, Opal Orange (which is not opal at all??) and Dense Black too. They are very saturated, dense colors.

I have not tried any transparents.
Old 2012-03-15, 12:58pm
randomly active member

They have a 104 sampler pack that has 1 rod of each color in it. Perfect way to test out all of the colors without having to invest in a whole bundle of something you might not like.

I just placed an order for more opal orange and opal raspberry. They are my 2 most favorite colors right now (and 20% off too).
.:.

Old 2012-03-15, 1:00pm

Oh shoot. That sounds like a great thing. A sample pack. I'm going to order that. Thank a lot Leslie LOL!

Old 2012-03-15, 1:03pm
randomly active member

No problem. Always happy to assist (enable)

Old 2012-03-15, 1:32pm

I don't even need anything and now I want to order.
Old 2012-03-15, 1:40pm
Lampworkaholic!

It may be just me, but all the Mystic colors devit and I don't like them.

I do like Dark Silver Brown, Raku, Multicolor, Dark Multi and Magic.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-03-15, 3:46pm

I love their whole 104 line! The opal raspberry does devit on me but if you work it really, really cook, it's stays perfect. So does the purple rose.
They are really good people and love working with them!!!

Old 2012-03-15, 9:28pm
I like to melt things

I haven't had any trouble with the Mystic colours devtrifying, but I have had trouble with Strawberry turning an unpleasant shade of grey.

The Strawberry is a gorgeous colour of red though, if you can get it to stay red.

Mystic Yellow is a really disgusting gelatinous-urine shade, but I really like using it to encase obnoxious yellow opaques for use in rainbow beads. It's not reactive in a bad way, so it keeps the sulfurous yellow opaques from reacting with other colours.

-
-
Old 2012-03-16, 2:25am
Evil Glass Enabler

I have a tendency to buy the 96 frit from them. They are really nice and my order always gets here quickly.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-03-16, 3:42am

I truly appreciate their service too. After discussion, they agreed to ship in a flat rate box, and the packaging was tremendous, and saved me about $20 over priority mail prices. And the Reichenbach 104 line. Yum! Especially on sale.
Old 2012-03-16, 7:08am

I have found that if I overwork the Strawberry, it gets dark streaks, so I always use it for things that don't need a lot of shaping and heating. My fave is simple olive shaped beads with SIS decoration, etched, Oh My! It is really pretty etched.

Sorry, didn't mean to keep turning it into a My Favorite R104 thread, but they do have fabulous colors.
Old 2012-03-16, 7:16am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
I haven't had any trouble with the Mystic colours devtrifying, but I have had trouble with Strawberry turning an unpleasant shade of grey.

The Strawberry is a gorgeous colour of red though, if you can get it to stay red.

Mystic Yellow is a really disgusting gelatinous-urine shade, but I really like using it to encase obnoxious yellow opaques for use in rainbow beads. It's not reactive in a bad way, so it keeps the sulfurous yellow opaques from reacting with other colours.
This description of the yellows totally cracks me up!

I was just on OCR's site a couple of days ago and had to leave again in a hurry 'cause I want it AAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-03-16, 9:58am
They see me rollin'...

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mystic Pink and Pearl Pink!!

(the baroque bead and the bead below it to the right are Mystic Pink, and the 2 beads to the right of those are Pearl Pink. The metallic color is DH Aurae.)

They are my 2 new favorite pink colors.

-Patti

-Patti
Old 2012-03-16, 11:24am

I had a chance to visit their store... and they were characters alright! Especially when I asked where the nearest liquor store was ! lol

They let me pull as little as one rod of as many colors as I wanted and they labeled each one for me. Although, they did follow me around to make sure I wasn't mixing up the colors!

Old 2012-03-17, 2:28pm
I'm meeeeelting

Mystic gray is nice, too.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves: