Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-12-04, 8:13am

Default Green?

I recently made beads with Blue Caramel and clear and Amazon Jewel and clear and both turned green. I'm really looking for blues so I'm wondering if I'm doing something to cause these to turn green or if they normally turn green?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-12-04, 8:17am
ManBearPig

Yes, they do that. I really don't know why Blue Caramel is called that. I've never seen anything blue come out of it. In fact, I'm not a big fan of that color at all. Amazon Jewel is the same way.

If you want blue, use NS Blue Moon, NS Turquesa, or GA Blue Passion. They should give you the blue you are looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-04, 8:18am

Thanks Chad!

Oh did you see my beads in the gallery? The olive ones? Those were blue caramel. I like the beads but...was expecting blue, lol.

Old 2006-12-04, 8:30am
ManBearPig

Yeah. Blue Caramel, as I understand it, is just NS Caramel with cobalt added. Caramel is sort of in the yellow family. Cobalt is blue, obviously. And, as we all remember from elementary school art class, yellow + blue = green.

Old 2006-12-04, 8:32am

Makes sense.