Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-12-02, 12:59am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Thank you Ashmo, I already thought it was something like that but I could'nt quite figure it out

Suzanne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-02, 6:19am

Here's one of my latest. A bit on the "chunky" side. I'm hoping to work on some slimmer ones.

Kim V

Old 2006-12-02, 8:17am

i like the chunky one! NICE pen too
ro
Old 2006-12-02, 11:04am

My first showing! I think these turned out cool even though I thought they would be blue instead of olive!

Old 2006-12-03, 2:28pm

You guys are SO talented! These are something I was fooling around with yesterday for funky earrings. Unobtanium on the left (I love this stuff!) and Triple Passion on the right (I love this stuff too!).

Old 2006-12-03, 3:18pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

I just love them !
Old 2006-12-03, 3:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
You guys are SO talented! These are something I was fooling around with yesterday for funky earrings. Unobtanium on the left (I love this stuff!) and Triple Passion on the right (I love this stuff too!).
Did you make your spirals on a mandrell? I made them that way, but I couldn't get all of release off so they didn't look nice and clean like yours. Yours are very pretty. (I am using sludge plus for my bead release.)

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-12-03, 4:00pm

Thanks! Eric, I did make them on mandrels. I cut any of the graphite based Sludges with a 'white' release (anything without graphite) about 1/2 & 1/2 more or less and get the mandrel redhot. It holds nice and seems to clean up great with most colors in boro. The ones that I've tried anyway, not too many. Wish it would work the same for soft glass but no.
I've tried many different things to cut with. Fireworks, Bucket O' Flake, um I mean Mud (too humid here for it to work), Fosterfire, and plain kilnwash for glass mixed up to be a yogurty consistency, whatever seems to be good as long as some graphite is in there. Non-graphite releases don't work for me and let go every. freaking. time.
Oh, and I hand clean them too. Maybe that makes a difference? With one of the diamond bits in a handle thingies. I dunno, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Old 2006-12-04, 9:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Thanks! Eric, I did make them on mandrels. I cut any of the graphite based Sludges with a 'white' release (anything without graphite) about 1/2 & 1/2 more or less and get the mandrel redhot. It holds nice and seems to clean up great with most colors in boro. The ones that I've tried anyway, not too many. Wish it would work the same for soft glass but no.
I've tried many different things to cut with. Fireworks, Bucket O' Flake, um I mean Mud (too humid here for it to work), Fosterfire, and plain kilnwash for glass mixed up to be a yogurty consistency, whatever seems to be good as long as some graphite is in there. Non-graphite releases don't work for me and let go every. freaking. time.
Oh, and I hand clean them too. Maybe that makes a difference? With one of the diamond bits in a handle thingies. I dunno, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.
Thanks for the info. I will have to try that. Oh, and since I just had the spirals without the bead on the end my girls ended up wrapping them around hanks of their hair which looked kind of cool. I was just afraid that they would slip out if they got to active. I think it is a cool idea, and I have seen them done in silver (which is where I got the idea), but I am not sure how to keep them secure in the hair. I do really like the way yours look as earrings though.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-12-04, 10:01am

My first boro beads....Triple Passion

Old 2006-12-04, 10:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispering beads View Post
My first boro beads....Triple Passion

Nice job! You got great colors!

Old 2006-12-04, 1:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Thanks for the info. I will have to try that. Oh, and since I just had the spirals without the bead on the end my girls ended up wrapping them around hanks of their hair which looked kind of cool. I was just afraid that they would slip out if they got to active. I think it is a cool idea, and I have seen them done in silver (which is where I got the idea), but I am not sure how to keep them secure in the hair. I do really like the way yours look as earrings though.
I had a person over Saturday to torch and she was talking about the just spirals saying how someone she sells to wanted some. So I'm thinking huh? how they gonna stay??? This person she sells to makes...what are those name tag/ID hangers called? Anyway, those things. She wanted them for that but I couldn't wrap my mind around it. *groan*

Oh and Whispering Beads? Those are your first?!? Dayum! Nice, nice, nice!