Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2007-12-01, 5:37am
Molten Glass Addict

Default Gingerbread Man Tutorial

Hi everyone. I hope my draft loads nicely for everyone. If not, I'll keep trying.

This bead is areally easy to do. You can make the body with an oval or barrel shape. It just depends on what you like. And you can also decorate the body any way you wish.

You could also make a Mrs. Gingerbread by making the body a triangle shape!

I deleted the picture I had posted here because it was too tiny to read. So.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< me in my younger days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Last edited by Glasstastic Treasures; 2007-12-01 at 5:48am.
Old 2007-12-01, 5:43am
Molten Glass Addict

So let's try this....

My pictures make him look like a fattie. But after a bead or two, you'll have it down. If you flatten a lot of beads, you're experience will tell you how much glass to put on the mandrel.

Have fun!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Last edited by Glasstastic Treasures; 2007-12-01 at 6:21am.
Old 2007-12-01, 11:49am

Thanks Jamie, great tut and too darn cute!
Old 2007-12-01, 12:25pm
Bead Imp

Thanks Jamie! Great tut! My daughter asked me just yesterday if I could make her a gingerbread man. And I'll do my best to KEEP THE BEAD WARM!

Old 2007-12-01, 2:31pm
Molten Glass Addict

I had to put that in there, because I'm not very good at keeping it warm

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-12-01, 3:35pm
ManBearPig

Is it important to keep it warm?

I like that. I keep getting requests for Christmas theme beads. That would be a good one to do. What is the brown color you are using?

Old 2007-12-01, 4:49pm
Bead Imp

I'm right there with you, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasstastic Treasures View Post
I had to put that in there, because I'm not very good at keeping it warm

Old 2007-12-01, 5:08pm

This is so cute, thanks!
Old 2007-12-01, 5:16pm
Molten Glass Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Is it important to keep it warm?

I like that. I keep getting requests for Christmas theme beads. That would be a good one to do. What is the brown color you are using?
I tend to concentrate on one end of the bead and the other end cools too much and cracks. So for me it's important. It's my mantra, I chant it all the time...when I can remember. Keep it warm, keep it warm, keep it warm. lol

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-12-01, 7:17pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, Jamie - Thanks So Much!!! This is just what I asked for...I so appreciate it! Can you give me a suggestion on what color to use for Gingie? I know it's BROWN - but which one do you use, if I might ask? I see you mentioned using "brown" for the cheeks...Dark Red Brown is very chocolaty...I might try this using Dk. Amber since I have a TON of that lying around...

Hugs and happy Holidays!
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2007-12-01, 8:40pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

I use brown 444. The batch that LB Suuplys has on hand is PERFECT! totally a toasty gingerbread color.
Old 2007-12-01, 10:13pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks so much, Robin! I just looked through my glass stash and saw that I had some of this - woo hoo!!! I also have another "Lt. Brown 444" but it's different, looks more "orangish", sort of. Anyway, I appreciate the input - I'm sure this one will work perfectly!

Thanks again,
DeAnne in CA

Old 2007-12-02, 8:25am
Molten Glass Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Oh, Jamie - Thanks So Much!!! This is just what I asked for...I so appreciate it! Can you give me a suggestion on what color to use for Gingie? I know it's BROWN - but which one do you use, if I might ask? I see you mentioned using "brown" for the cheeks...Dark Red Brown is very chocolaty...I might try this using Dk. Amber since I have a TON of that lying around...

Hugs and happy Holidays!
DeAnne in CA

Hmmm, good question...let me think, lemme think. Honestly, I can't remember. I know it wasn't light brown. But I'm not sure if it was dark red brown. Either medium or dark though.

Any of the browns will do though. Personal preference is the best option

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-12-02, 10:18am
Slightly Askew.....

Very cool!! Thanks!!!

~Charlotte~

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~

Old 2007-12-02, 2:44pm

Thank you he is so cute!
Old 2007-12-02, 3:06pm
Dare to be different.

Here's mine after reading your tut. He's made from Lauscha Carmello.

G-Man

Old 2007-12-02, 3:41pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, Maggie - he's so darling!!! Thanks for posting his pic.!!! I'm sending you a PM, too - what's this I hear about an "Oakland" gathering? Are you going?

DeAnne over here...

Old 2007-12-02, 5:19pm
Molten Glass Addict

That's cute, Maggie. I love the heart. Nice touch!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-12-02, 5:45pm
Dare to be different.

Thanks DeAnne and Jamie. Planning on making some more.

DeAnne, Sent you some info about The Gathering.

Old 2007-12-02, 9:58pm
Senior Moment

Thank you for the tut! I'll post when I do one.

Old 2007-12-03, 11:10am

Jamie, fabulous tutorial, thanks for taking the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie how sweet darling!!!!!!

Old 2007-12-03, 7:39pm

Great G-Man Maggie.
OAKLAND OAKLAND OAKLAND

Old 2007-12-05, 1:19pm

How cute!! Ihave to try this with Lauscha Cocoa since that is the only brown that I have!!
Thanks. Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-12-05, 8:09pm

I made two of these. My first one was terrible but the second one I love. I'll take a pic next time I get the camera out.
Old 2007-12-11, 5:48am
Sparkle Strumpet

It's so nice of you to share.....

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2007-12-11, 6:22pm
Burning Fingers!

That is sooo cute - thanks so much for sharing the tutorial.

/
/
/