LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-12-19, 12:45pm
Tacki

My leather and cord is here! I've had the beads made for a few days. I'm about to run up and buy some gemstones to finish it off, and hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the night. I'm so excited, lol. Thanks Hannah!
Old 2011-12-19, 6:02pm
Tacki

I've been messing with this for a couple of hours now. I made lentils, but I'm having issues with the lentils not laying flat. They want to rotate so they're sticking out long ways, and it's just not working. I'm going to do something else with the lentils and make some round beads instead for this bracelet.
Old 2011-12-21, 3:16pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracidawn78 View Post
I've been messing with this for a couple of hours now. I made lentils, but I'm having issues with the lentils not laying flat. They want to rotate so they're sticking out long ways, and it's just not working. I'm going to do something else with the lentils and make some round beads instead for this bracelet.
I wish I would have read this last night! I tried with lentil shaped beads too and after several attempts (last night & this morning), I finally gave up.

Wasted quite a bit of time, but...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-12-21, 3:21pm
Smile, it's contagious!

I did get these two made!!

Thanks for the tutorial Hannah! And super big thanks to Deb... all of the supplies I used to make these came from her as a SS gift. Its the gift that keeps giving because these wraps are gifts for my SD & my DS's GF.

Hopefully I'll have time to make more, they are pretty fun when things go the way they are supposed to.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-12-21, 5:13pm
ChiWowWow Mom

Gelly, those look great!!! Glad you're enjoying the supplies.
Old 2011-12-21, 6:02pm
Still makin' flowers...

Traci & Gelly: I've been messing with lentils too and haven't quite gotten them to work. *grumble*

Love the oens you made, Gelly!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-12-31, 8:02am
Sorry for party rockin'

These bracelets are addicting!
I made one for my niece for Christmas . . . . I LOVE the idea of the lampwork button clasp

Old 2011-12-31, 2:59pm
Still makin' flowers...

Ginny - I love that button you used. Is it PMC?

!
Old 2011-12-31, 3:30pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
I did get these two made!!

Thanks for the tutorial Hannah! And super big thanks to Deb... all of the supplies I used to make these came from her as a SS gift. Its the gift that keeps giving because these wraps are gifts for my SD & my DS's GF.

Hopefully I'll have time to make more, they are pretty fun when things go the way they are supposed to.

She's pretty awesome that way

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-12-31, 7:55pm
grama punky - class junky

thanks Hannah!

Old 2012-01-01, 10:11am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Ginny - I love that button you used. Is it PMC?

No, el-cheapo from Joanne Fabrics
I wasn't going to invest an expensive PMC clasp on a bracelet for a 15 year old.

If you like it and don't have a Joanne's near you send me a PM if you want me to go buy some for you. I think they were like $3 - $4 for 2 buttons.

Old 2012-01-01, 10:15am
Still makin' flowers...

Oooh, there ARE Joannes near me. I wonder if they are open today?

!
Old 2012-01-01, 1:28pm
Sorry for party rockin'

They have like 2 aisles of buttons at the one near me with a decent selection of metal buttons. I typically go for silver/gunmetal but they had gold too and other colorful buttons.

I got these too:

Old 2012-01-01, 6:21pm
Duchess of Dichro

Does anyone know where I can buy some glue on button backs? I would like to use some small cabs for these bracelets

Old 2012-01-02, 4:21pm
Tacki

I finally finished it! It wraps around 4 times. I ran out of thread 3 times, so I did my best to knot and glue new thread to the existing strand. I managed to get most of those knots hidden inside of beads, but there are 2 slightly visible.

3 types and sizes of seed beads, labradorite, and 8 round beads I made, plus the button I made too. I'm not totally happy with it yet (first attempt, figuring stuff out) so I'm not comfortable selling it, so I have no clue what I'm going to do with it since I don't really wear jewelry. It took FOREVER. I wish I had added an extra seed bead when I graduated up or down in size so the extra thread didn't show as much, so I'll do that on my next attempt. I also need to figure out where the bracelet will wrap around, because you can't see the labradorite at all if the lampwork is in front... it's all hidden on the inside.

Thanks so much for the tut, Hannah!

Last edited by tracidawn78; 2012-01-02 at 4:24pm.
Old 2012-01-02, 4:53pm
Storm Queen

These are seriously fabulous. All of them. I wonder what kind of stuff I have in my old stash? My neighbor wants to come over and play and this would be the perfect project.

Old 2012-01-02, 5:05pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Tracie, I LOVE it!! I really love how you combined different beads and sizes....I am so anal...I have got to try to expand and just go for it.
Old 2012-01-02, 5:21pm
Tacki

Thanks Pat Just don't do what I did and go from a small bead to a big bead. I really should have added an extra seed bead on the same strand when I was going up in size, because I don't like the amount of thread that shows. You can see in the back of this picture what I'm talking about:

A friend of mine wants a price on this bracelet. How do you even begin pricing something like this? 8 handmade rounds, lampwork button, approx 3-4 hours on and off assembling it (excluding trial and error), gemstones, seed beads, leather... $75ish? $50? This is before the friend discount, obviously. All I ever sell are BHB's so it's easy to price those, I have no clue how to price something that's assembled into a final product.
Old 2012-01-02, 5:22pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Traci, that turned out AWESOME!!!!!

Old 2012-01-02, 5:52pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I think $75 sounds ok. I certainly wouldn't charge less. That is a lot of work and a lot of handmade beads. I think $100 would be fair, and then give her your friend discount.
Old 2012-01-02, 5:55pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Leslie, Amy from zooziis had some before for her cab mandrels, plastic and metal kinds.
I'd check her site.
sue

Old 2012-01-02, 6:10pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy some glue on button backs? I would like to use some small cabs for these bracelets

I know at Joanne's they had a section of those button covers, but I didn't notice if they had button backs.
Do you want me to check it out?

As if I need an excuse to go back there

Old 2012-01-02, 9:37pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
I know at Joanne's they had a section of those button covers, but I didn't notice if they had button backs.
Do you want me to check it out?

As if I need an excuse to go back there
Would love that Something that would work with a 1/2 inch cab or even a bit bigger is ok. Thanks Ginny!

Old 2012-01-03, 3:03pm
Storm Queen

I just bought a bunch of different C-lon colors and I found my old leather cord. I want to try one of these:
http://www.chanluu.com/Wrap-Bracelet...6webpeimix.htm

Old 2012-01-03, 3:16pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I just bought a bunch of different C-lon colors and I found my old leather cord. I want to try one of these:
There seems to be more of a variation than there was originally. I love the new ones, Amy. Thanks for pointing them out to me.

!
Old 2012-01-03, 3:21pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK...I love this one, Amy. I swear I do not need another project. Making coats, hexxes, bracelets....there is no end!! LOL
I surely will try this one. I have been having great fun making the ladderstitch bracelets.
Old 2012-01-03, 3:27pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK...I love this one, Amy. I swear I do not need another project. Making coats, hexxes, bracelets....there is no end!! LOL
I surely will try this one. I have been having great fun making the ladderstitch bracelets.
They are super cool,, huh? I'm going to try to make a sculpted flower button bead for the clasp. I haven't made one in about 6 years.

Old 2012-01-03, 4:05pm
Your Royal Fritness

Wow I LOVE them ALL! I made this right before Christmas and it has not been off my wrist except to sleep The stone is Pink Crazy Lace (love the name) Sorry for the not so good picture....

Happy New Year!
Attached Images

Old 2012-01-04, 6:33am

Thanks Hannah. You are so creative .. what a great idea.
- Di
Old 2012-01-04, 7:05am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post

Hey! That style looks cool, me likey

LeslieDana - the Joanne's near me doesn't have anything like a glue-on button back