LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-06-18, 12:33pm

Default disconnecting alarm system on devilbiss concentrator...

I've been running the concentrator for a couple of weeks now with the alarm beeping in my ear. So far I have blocked it out with my ipod. But now it's really getting on my nerves and I need to know how to disconnect it from within the concentrator. I am planning on buying a new concentrator but I have no choice but to continue using this one until it just dies, or I get a new one. Whichever comes first. So does anyone know how to unplug or disconnect the alarm. Or basically just make it stop sounding?
Old 2013-06-18, 12:59pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I think that usually means it needs to be cleaned. I take the back off mine and wash the round filter. Also the square filter on the back, the black one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-06-18, 3:38pm

Thank you Sheila. Where is the round filter...I mean which one? The big cylinder metal one? I always wash the square "sponge" filter on the back. But it's still beeping.
Old 2013-06-18, 4:24pm
I fart diamonds

Service Manual:

http://www.frankshospitalworkshop.co...e%20manual.pdf

Old 2013-06-18, 6:54pm

thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Old 2013-06-18, 10:29pm
Naysayer

mine's doing that too
sometimes I can shut it off and turn it back on and it stops. I just changed the filters too, I think it's the motherboard because it's acting totally senile.
Old 2013-06-19, 2:17pm
Melts glass~makes jewelry

Mine does it too. I changed the filters but it didn't help.

Old 2013-06-19, 3:04pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

The alarm can mean that your oxygen purity is low on some machines.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2013-06-19, 3:32pm

Sometimes if you are running it at full power, 5lpm?, it will go off because it really isn't designed to stay at the top notch forever. Try reeling the setting back down to 4 or 3.5 and see what happens.

This is why I run 2 5lpms at the same time with a Y connector.

Barbara
Old 2013-06-19, 3:33pm
sorcerer

If you don't like the noise just remove the 9 volt battery. B

Old 2013-06-20, 9:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway View Post
If you don't like the noise just remove the 9 volt battery. B
Battery? I can't find any battery to remove. Where is it? Or are you just joking?
I know the oxygen purity is low, but it's been enough to make beads. Also I've kept the filters cleaned, and I keep it running a little below 4 lpm. It runs ok so far except for the beeping alarm is driving me crazy. All I want is to turn it off.
I have already taken the back (and front) off the concentrator but I'll be hanged if i can find anything that looks like something that connects the alarm.
Old 2013-06-20, 10:01am

And I have searched for and looked at a couple of service and operator manuals. There's nothing in any of them about unplugging the alarm or where the connector for the alarm is. Unless I am overlooking something.
Old 2013-06-20, 2:00pm
Alaska Boro

The alarm is most likely a round black looking solid state device of various OD's. Many are mounted on a circuit board which will require soldering skills to remove. Or to cut a trace on the board to make inactive.

Other manufactures may mount the alarm in another location and connect by two wires. Then it is a simple matter of cutting one of the wires and adding tape.

Your model may have a 9 volt battery to power the alarm. If so, remove and this should silence the alarm. If not, then obtaining the service manual for your specific unit may provide needed information.

Old 2013-06-20, 3:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
The alarm is most likely a round black looking solid state device of various OD's. Many are mounted on a circuit board which will require soldering skills to remove. Or to cut a trace on the board to make inactive.

Other manufactures may mount the alarm in another location and connect by two wires. Then it is a simple matter of cutting one of the wires and adding tape.

Your model may have a 9 volt battery to power the alarm. If so, remove and this should silence the alarm. If not, then obtaining the service manual for your specific unit may provide needed information.

Thanks Alaska, I'll look into this!
Old 2013-06-22, 8:08pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Mine use to do this due to the oxygen level being too low especially when I reduced. I talked to the guy who sells refurbished oxycons and he told me I should be runnung the oxycon at its maximum. So thats what I do. My torch is no longer hot to the touch and I don't hear anymore alarms even while reducing.

Ebay: