Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 18.98%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 423 37.70%
Howaco Glass 147 13.10%
islandglass!!! 88 7.84%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.19%
LBSupplies 113 10.07%
Moretti and More 208 18.54%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-05-19, 4:53pm

Yes, I'm digging this thread up and out of the rubble! So many of the suppliers listed are fantastic! There are also so many out there who weren't listed.

Just from my personal experiences, I'd vote for JameyLynn at Howaco for the best prices, FlameDame for her selection of lauscha and Frantz for over all knowledge and helpfulness... **Remember this is based on my personal experiences**

I live in Massachusetts so I'll give a special heads up to Gail up at GGGlass.com!

Duane
PS In 3 1/2 years of lampworking I can say that I have placed one type of an order or another from almost EVERYONE on the list!
Old 2009-05-27, 9:21am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

I just can't vote for only ONE vendor. All the vendors listed have so many good points be it prices, sales, customer service, great shipping, specialty items...

Cudos to all those listed or not who do their best to satisfy our addiction!
Old 2009-06-01, 2:05pm

Well, I'm a newbie to flamework, but i've used Delphi in the past for fglass fusing supplies and some bullseye glass too, and have never had a problem. Their customer service is good to, in my experience. In fact, i just ordered some moretti rods from them, as well as a few tools to get started with flameworked beads.
Old 2009-06-01, 2:07pm

oh p.s..... I live in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina, and I've bought LOTS of glass, tools, etc, over the years from Suzy Geyer at Carolina Stained Glass. She offers classes too. It's how I first got "addicted" to warm glass, through a beginners fusing class that I took!
Old 2009-06-01, 7:19pm

Does anyone know anything about Air glass Flame?
steph
Old 2009-06-02, 4:53am

I have never had any thing less than stellar service from any of the glass vendors on LE. Not one problem! The only issue I had (which ended up costing me heaps) didn't come from a vendor on here.

Cheers
Kym
Old 2009-06-07, 10:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Hey!!!! Where's one of my favorites? Reenie, who runs Flame Kissed Glass http://www.flamekissedglass.com/index.php, has great customer service as well as fast, safe shipping, great prices, and was able to get those wonderful Reichenbach 104 colors, especially that fabulous "Opal Raspberry" (one of my very favorite Pinks EVER!) for me in a flash!

Putting in the good word for her!!!

DeAnne in CA
I need to agree !!!
My absolute best experience ever !!
Very friendly & helpful communication, good packaging and very quick delivery to Germany !
And I never payed more shipping costs than the stamp shows.
All in all my favorite seller !!

Elke
Old 2009-06-08, 3:48pm

Possibly a dumb question, but does anyone do wholesaling? I haven't been able to find one yet. I have a wholesale relationship with Delphi and D&L, but they don't have a ton of variety.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A fuser trying to figure out this hot glass thing!

Currently using HH w/ MAPP gas - Cricket w/ concentrator is on the way!
Old 2009-06-09, 6:25am
Katherine

Elizabeth, I buy wholesale from Ed Hoy's international. I have been very pleased.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-10, 9:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
I've not had much need to order until the local store I ought from went out of business. (Guess I didn't buy enough, but I tried) Since then, I've ordered from Mountain Glass Art and they have always gotten my order to me within a couple of days. Fortunately, they are only about 150 miles from me, so that helps. As long as they continue like that, I'll probably continue to order from them.

Greg
As an example, I ordered from them on May 20 around 1 PM and UPS delivered on my front step by 1 PM May 21. I couldn't believe how fast it got here.
Old 2009-06-10, 11:21pm

Talking

I'm trying to locate an online glass supplier in the UK that carries COE 104 glass rods (as I'm not used to using sheet glass). Would anyone be able to provide some relevant links, please. Many thanks!
Old 2009-06-10, 11:31pm

Default Howco YAY!

I love Jameylynn at Howaco, she is very helpful and knowlegable. Plus I live nearby and can pick up my orders.
Caroline
Old 2009-06-11, 1:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
I'm trying to locate an online glass supplier in the UK that carries COE 104 glass rods (as I'm not used to using sheet glass). Would anyone be able to provide some relevant links, please. Many thanks!
Hi Nickie,

in the UK: http://www.tuffnellglass.com/
in Belgium : https://sslrelay.com/s194998497.onea...dex.shopscript

Elke
Old 2009-06-11, 7:24am

And you could ask at the Frit Happens forum in the UK also.
Old 2009-06-20, 4:52pm

Default ABR

I have to agree about ABR, Ross is always there to help, and always has what I need!
Old 2009-06-20, 11:40pm

Frantz and Howaco awsome service and rec. my box of goodies in less then twelve days..I was at the Glass Convention last year and I was talking to one of the ladies from Frantz and about school and she gave me a whole bunch of bags to take back to my glass ... and she gave me some goodies ... went back this yr.. and they were just as always nice and helpful..
Old 2009-08-06, 6:50am
old fart

IMHO, this poll is total BS. it has CR Loo the lowest. i have been buying from them for years and they always have excellent products, service, and prices. this poll is based upon popularity only.

Old 2009-08-06, 9:24am
Attack of the Snuggie!

Mountain Art Glass and ABR are my favorites for Boro.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-08-27, 8:37am

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserglass View Post
IMHO, this poll is total BS. it has CR Loo the lowest. i have been buying from them for years and they always have excellent products, service, and prices. this poll is based upon popularity only.
CR Loo has a real place in my heart! When I was exploring the possibility of setting up a studio, before I had purchased anything, I wanted to touch and feel. While on vacation in Northern California, I dragged my entire family to CR Loo. They are not in a great part of town and no one in my family enjoyed the adventure like I did!

Although, I buy almost all my glass from Bullseye they aren't the fastest or cheapest on shipping, but they always have what I want and pack it well.

I am going to do a search and see if CR Loo has anything I need......for sentimental reasons!

Old 2009-08-28, 6:53pm

Of course its based on popularilty and how do suppliers get to be popular? By providing good service. I have no problems with Crloo, I have bought from them, but their website is pretty pathetic and not really made for online buying.

Kym
Old 2009-08-28, 7:31pm
Ambivitreous

We've had great experiences with both Frantz and Arrow Springs and will continue to buy from them. While we were planning our studio, Craig at AS was a great resource and spent lots of time giving me advice. The folks at Frantz have always been really nice and helpful on the phone too.

We bought from both Ross at ABR and Malcolm at Artco at the GAS Conference and had great experiences with them in person.

Rockin' 2 Nortel Red Maxes with Mega Minor topfires on natural gas & 6 EX-15s with my glass accomplice Lisa F-R
Old 2009-08-30, 8:33am

I think that where you live has impact on service. I takes about 6 days to get to the midwest from Frantz using ups double helix only taks 3 days cause they use usps. Abr uses ups and I get it in 2 days but mail from the midwest takes the same 3 days as from the west coast. hven't ordered form out east so not sure about that . So actually I think it is location and shipping service used that dictates length of waiting. I really wish frantz shipped smaller orders using usps standard boxes they hold somewhere near 9 pounds and are much faster and the same price or there abouts.

Old 2009-09-02, 3:39pm
Likes to melt stuff...

Arrow Springs when I'm buying online and Glasscraft when I'm trying to keep it local!
Old 2009-09-02, 7:53pm

My fav is Flamedame because it's fast and she always gives me a present. I don't really care for candy.
Old 2009-09-14, 8:38am

Awwww thanks Pat!! I can't do candy because I would eat it all before it ever got into the boxes! Such a curse! the candy curse!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-10-02, 11:05am
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousky View Post
CR Loo has a real place in my heart! When I was exploring the possibility of setting up a studio, before I had purchased anything, I wanted to touch and feel. While on vacation in Northern California, I dragged my entire family to CR Loo. They are not in a great part of town and no one in my family enjoyed the adventure like I did!

Although, I buy almost all my glass from Bullseye they aren't the fastest or cheapest on shipping, but they always have what I want and pack it well.

I am going to do a search and see if CR Loo has anything I need......for sentimental reasons!
That's funny Michelle, I did the same thing to my husband.LOL!
I wandered around in there for a couple hours at least(Jan. 1998 I think) and
picked stuff out. They were very nice and even stayed a little past closing time to help a newb with all her treasures.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2009-10-31, 1:55am
Got space flowers?

Always happy with Frantz (only bad thing is they do not accept Paypal ) Double Helix is more than great! I love Tuffnell Glass in the UK, they are very fast and friendly

I ordered a mandrel spinner at ABR. They showed in stock and I needed to tell if I want the small one or large one. I choosed the small one and paid. I didn't hear back for weeks and as I send an email to see if the items are shipped they told me that the spinner need to be made first, because I ordered the small one. They said the other one would have been in stock. After several weeks (ohhh my) the spinner arrived and I had problems with it because it seemed too small for my hands. Well I measured my hands like they showed on the bearfoot site, but still. I asked if they maybe could exchange the spinner with the larger one and I would take care of shipping (they said before it's in stock!!). But the only answer I got... to contact bearfootart and manage that with them. They would have no spinner there to make an exchange. HUH? I complained about the customer service and only got very rude emails back. I never wanted to order from them again. I have to say that I was always satisfied with ordering glass before.

Well... I wanted to give another try and ordered again....and again.. nothing happens but waiting for my goods. After six days of payment I asked when they are going to ship. They said they are waiting for the pixie dust and ship tomorrow... that has been on the 23rd this month...I'm still waiting for shipment I hate buying and paying for things that show in stock and they are not. Worst...they do not tell you, they just let you wait. This was really the last time I ordered there!! Never had such a bad experience with any other supplier.

Karin

Last edited by Beadfairy; 2009-10-31 at 2:01am.
Old 2009-11-03, 7:22am
Formerly FishBulb

Karin, you should also post about this in the Customer Service kiosk. Suppliers often look there and with any luck they'll be able to fix this situation for you. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-11-03, 7:47am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

I don't see my absolute favorite vendors on the list.....I really like Reenie at FlameKissedGlass and Paula at FlameDame. Both are super-fast on the shipping. I like Howaco's prices and JamieLynn is great, but their Post Office sucks. No one likes to wait almost two weeks for their glass when it can be in your hands in a couple of days from Reenie and Paula!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2009-11-03, 11:08pm

I hugely second this. JamieLynn's prices are awesome ... but I'm impatient. Reenie is on the West Coast, I'm on the East and I still have my package in 2 - 3 days. Talk about FASTTTTTT!!

Great selection, good prices and awesome Customer Service. Reenie rocks!!

Haven't ordered from Paula, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
I don't see my absolute favorite vendors on the list.....I really like Reenie at FlameKissedGlass and Paula at FlameDame. Both are super-fast on the shipping. I like Howaco's prices and JamieLynn is great, but their Post Office sucks. No one likes to wait almost two weeks for their glass when it can be in your hands in a couple of days from Reenie and Paula!