Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-02-04, 7:41pm
Student of DachZen

Default Revised website, finally up!

I have only been working on this since last summer - took me long enough!

But here is the new site, almost everything is good to go, except we're still vetting mailing list software and I'm still working on the online store...

http://www.teresamcguffey.com

I'm pretty happy with the design, but critiques are always welcome!

Teresa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-02-05, 7:41pm

Teresa, I absolutely love your site. It's clean, professional and your work is lovely (but I thought your prices were a bit low). My only disappointment was when I tried to purchase a bead and found that you don't seem to accept Canadian accounts
Old 2007-02-05, 8:08pm
Student of DachZen

Hi Kathy - thanks! And I'll check on the CAnadian thing, I didn't mean to exclude Canadian folks - I probably don't have something set up on my store properly.

Yeah, my prices are kind of low at the moment, that's last summer's work and I want it to go to good homes. I'll have more recent stuff up in the next few days.

T

Old 2007-02-05, 8:14pm
Student of DachZen

HI Kathy, trying to track this down, and I sent you a pm....

thanks!
Teresa

Old 2007-02-07, 10:09pm
Student of DachZen

Okay, I had to have them install an international shipping module - but it should be working now. Thanks for letting me know!!!

Teresa

Old 2007-02-09, 8:49pm
Covered in glitter

Nice site!!! It's clean, soothing and just one of those sites that makes you want to explore more. That may sound weird but there are sites that I open and just want to shut them because they aren't welcoming somehow. Yours kind of draws me into it. Very nice job!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2007-02-09, 9:09pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Nice site!!! It's clean, soothing and just one of those sites that makes you want to explore more. That may sound weird but there are sites that I open and just want to shut them because they aren't welcoming somehow. Yours kind of draws me into it. Very nice job!
Thanks, Deb!

Old 2007-02-12, 8:49am
Striking-impared...

Very nice site -- crisp and clean and professional.

One thing you might want to consider is using the same color schemes for your home site and your online store. Not even necessarily the same design, but the same overal colors.

Old 2007-02-12, 9:34pm
Boro Brat

Very nice site! I love the soft colors!

Old 2007-02-12, 9:53pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasminann View Post
Very nice site -- crisp and clean and professional.

One thing you might want to consider is using the same color schemes for your home site and your online store. Not even necessarily the same design, but the same overal colors.
Hi, thanks!

Yes, you are very right, and I wish I could. Unfortunately, the shopping cart is very limited in that way, so the best I could do was "similar."

T

Old 2007-02-12, 9:53pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
Very nice site! I love the soft colors!
Thanks, Pipyr! I was trying not to let the colors overwhelm the beads. I hope I succeeded!

T

Old 2007-02-12, 10:00pm
Sheila

Very nice, Teresa. Like everyone else has said, the design is superb and professional. The length is really nice (short) and the sidebar is really nice. Love it!

Old 2007-02-13, 11:50am
Striking-impared...

I can sure understand shopping cart limitations! In that case, you did good.

Old 2007-02-13, 11:57am
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasminann View Post
I can sure understand shopping cart limitations! In that case, you did good.
Thanks! Btw, I love the peacock lentils you have on the Bay right now.

Old 2007-02-18, 9:54am

Default a quick look small thing

Hi Teresa,
I really like the "tone" of your site - very clean and professional, and I intend to look at it some more when i have a little more time. Overall effect is terrific!

One small overall thing I noticed is the space on the upper rh menu (navigational buttons) on most of the pages needs to be tweaked so there is a little space under "contact info"

One way I add "quick and dirty' space in a table when I don't have an easier way to do it, is to create a small bar.gif in the bg color (cream) and give it a cell of it's own. I think you could also add a &nbsp row or cell there and get the same effect. It could also be that giving the entire navigational button menu a different vertical alignment (valign="center" or valign="top") might give you a little space at the bottom.

If you don't have Illustrator, and want me to make the bar.gif for you, let me know what your bg color is, and I'll send you a .gif
Old 2007-02-18, 3:00pm

Teresa, it really looks great! The only suggestion I'd make is to state your shipping costs and policies somewhere -- maybe you did, though, and I just missed it!!! I did have a good look around, though

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2007-02-18, 8:52pm
Student of DachZen

Thanks, Vicki and Janice - those are definitely good points! I'll take care of those in the morning. Thanks so much for the critique!

Teresa