Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2013-01-27, 10:18am

Default New supplies and would love advice...

Hi Designers...

I am hoping you will help me critique my Etsy store. I had this in the jewelry section and forgot about this area. I know Etsy is a big marketplace and tough to break into. I have just added supplies in the last month (Czech, Mykonos, findings) and will be adding more as the days go on. I do get A LOT of traffic but sales have been slow since I started. Not terrible, but a little slow. I have a new banner listed at the top of page on LE.

I also sell my lampwork which has done well in the past. I made the mistake of raising my prices too high on the advice of a marketing expert. They are back down, but still not a lot of sales.

Is my store confusing? (Etsy's design is limiting)

I had items listed by color, but changed to shape. Thoughts about how you shop for supplies?

Pictures? Should they be very simple...black or white background and item only is advice I am getting.

Supplies you think I could add that are popular?

Prices?

Thoughts on where to advertise?Where do you look for advertisements?

Any other thoughts or comments are welcome.

I will be buying in Tucson next week and hope to bring back new and fun inventory!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to comment..

Kitty
Old 2013-01-27, 2:12pm

I like your pictures - you don't need to click through to see what they are, that's nice. A lot of people take them from so far (or don't crop them) that you're not even sure what you're looking at.

I like the shop selections by type, but I'd go for standard text, not all caps as it seems like shouting. Maybe NEW should be all caps, for attention?

I don't do a lot of jewelry making to know pricing, I'm just looking at appearance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-01-27, 3:48pm

GREAT ADVICE NIKKI! Just kidding....no more shouting.

I do that a lot....I tend to use too many exclamation points too.

I prefer pics to be close up as I think it is hard to see detail too. I really appreciate your time.
Old 2013-01-27, 9:36pm

Glad to help!

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon