Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-11-12, 8:35am
Logan's mommy

Default New Jewelry Website

Hi guys. After what has been far too long a time I have finally finished my new jewelry and beads website. This is just the beginning and more will be added as time allows but I wanted your opinion on how it looks for now. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

www.ajsbeadsandbaubles.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-13, 9:59am
Queen Bead

I love it very eye catching
I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. "I created You." ~ Jim Willis
Old 2009-11-16, 8:35pm
Katherine

I find the banner so fuzzy it is hard to read. I would suggest sharpening it some. I would also make the content font a bit smaller so one does not have to scroll down so far.

Looks like you have put a lot of thought into this site - I love your photo on the left side. Best wishes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-17, 6:11am
Logan's mommy

So strange. It seems to show up differently depending on who's viewing it. On my computer which has a widescreen monitor the font is normal, same with my laptop. On my friend's computer who has a square screen it shows up like what you're seeing it. I'm not sure how to adjust this. I'm just using a program called Website Tonight that I got from godaddy. Anybody know how to fix this so it show's the same on both kinds of monitors?

Old 2009-12-14, 2:26pm
picking Job's Tears

That's why, OK, you have a widescreen. I have to scroll the gallery sideways (looking at this at work. If I remember I'll look at it at home with my notebook too).

As fonts go, it depends on what fonts you have installed. I lost Times New Roman in an upgrade once and now I'm so used to sans serif that letters with 'feet' annoy me (on my screen only, funny enough). Not everybody has all fonts in all sizes. One of the reasons for me to hardly ever specify fonts or sizes.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-12-15, 9:37am
picking Job's Tears

From home on my (admittedly 6 year old) notebook: I have to scroll all pages sideways. And for whatever reason the images in the boutique don't show up. The ones in the gallery do, and the ones from JustBeads do too (and I expect scrolling the JustBeads gadget sideways).

Hope this helps any at all ...
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln