Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-09-05, 2:43pm

Default may have found some vetro black and light ivory

I may have found some vetro black and light ivory. How badly are these things wanted?

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-09-06, 5:29am

Apparently not at all... oh well.

It's not as much of it as I thought anyway.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:

Last edited by silverlilly1; 2013-09-06 at 7:04am.
Old 2013-09-06, 7:59am

I think there are a lot of people that regret its passing, but nobody seems willing to pay much of a premium for them.
Old 2013-09-06, 8:00am

Hang onto them anyway,Melissa..eventually all the Vetro will be gone and then there may be serious takers.Glass doesn't spoil and for sure there will be that person who will jump on it when they find it gone completely..
"

Old 2013-09-06, 8:22am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I would say post it in the Garage Sale area. A lot of people don't come to this section of LE. Vetro black was kind of shocky but the Light Ivory is a keeper for sure.

Old 2013-09-06, 8:40am

I did not see this.. depending on the $, I am always interested in black and ivory.. I go through it like butter.. I am a cheap scape though.. LOL
Cherri
Old 2013-09-06, 11:22am

Well, I guess I'm going to hang onto it for a while and use some, and decide what to do with all of it later.

Currently have 3.3 lb combined of the two (light ivory and black).

There was an ivory-coloured rod I got in a sample pack from Sundance when I first started about two years ago. It looked slightly translucent at the end, didn't end up with much if any yellow mottling when used, wasn't nearly as reactive, and just looked creamy and yummy. I never used my effetre light ivory much because it wasn't nearly the same as that one other rod. I never knew (and still don't) what the one rod was, but I'm guessing it might be vetro light ivory from what I've read about it. Now I can try it and see!

Facebook:

Last edited by silverlilly1; 2013-09-06 at 11:32am.
Old 2013-09-06, 2:47pm
one day at a time

Hang on to them. I don't know much about the light ivory, but if you mix the black with white, you will get a beautiful shade of grey.
Old 2013-09-09, 1:55pm

Just tried to mix effetre white and vetro black. I couldn't get it to mix entirely. Guess I don't need to buy Raven Sky.

Facebook:

Old 2013-09-09, 4:53pm

What do they say? Necessity is the mother of invention!Yours is probably better than Raven Sky
"