Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2006-12-17, 3:53am

New to this site. Been doing lampwork beads on a hot head for several years now. I watched Chad's tutorial, fascintated by his work and reading everyone else's comments about his nice "tut". I figured it's been a long time since I partied and the lingo must've changed some over the years...until it hit me that a "tut" doesn't have anything to do with a pipe or a spoon! Today I enjoy the craftsmanship of the pipe...back in the day, I'd have really enjoyed it! Thanks, Chad
Old 2006-12-18, 9:46am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by timipi View Post
New to this site. Been doing lampwork beads on a hot head for several years now. I watched Chad's tutorial, fascintated by his work and reading everyone else's comments about his nice "tut". I figured it's been a long time since I partied and the lingo must've changed some over the years...until it hit me that a "tut" doesn't have anything to do with a pipe or a spoon! Today I enjoy the craftsmanship of the pipe...back in the day, I'd have really enjoyed it! Thanks, Chad
Hey, I know you!

Glad to see you finally made it over here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-01-22, 7:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Nice Tutorial Cosmo, thanks!

Mincot: Does your elderly aunt suffer from glaucoma, loss of appetite, arthritis or other pain, or is she undergoing chemotherapy or other harsh drug treatments? Does she live in Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Washington? If so, this spoon may be just the thing for her!

Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!
Old 2007-01-23, 9:01am

You guys quit picking on Mincot.. Why couldn't someone make a "regular" kitchen spoon out of boro? Challenge anyone?

This thread has been kinda fun to read.. I was waiting to see how Chad tried to get around this one!! Too funny. A lot of drug paraphenalia are real pieces of art and sell just as that... pieces of art! I had a friend and neighbor that does "glass art" actually show me how to make one of these just for the technique. Threw me a curve when he started talking about carberators (sp). LOL I have yet to do it though. I want to do hollow beads and ornaments.....

Awesome tut, Chad and thanks for the input Beau and everyone else...

Last edited by LAG; 2007-01-24 at 5:59am. Reason: You know you are a redneck when you can't spell!
Old 2007-01-23, 10:37pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Hey Cosmo.....don't get that awesome auburn beard caught in the flame!

Old 2007-01-25, 2:41pm
Pyromaniac

I've had several pipe requests - and not for any questionable use either. People collect the things. I tell them I'm not set up for that because I'm not real interested making them for others given the current legal climate... I've had some fun trying the tutorial however... It's challenging (but possible) on a minor burner!

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2007-01-26, 8:33am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
You guys quit picking on Mincot.. Why couldn't someone make a "regular" kitchen spoon out of boro? Challenge anyone?

This thread has been kinda fun to read.. I was waiting to see how Chad tried to get around this one!! Too funny. A lot of drug paraphenalia are real pieces of art and sell just as that... pieces of art! I had a friend and neighbor that does "glass art" actually show me how to make one of these just for the technique. Threw me a curve when he started talking about carberators (sp). LOL I have yet to do it though. I want to do hollow beads and ornaments.....

Awesome tut, Chad and thanks for the input Beau and everyone else...
I'm not trying to get around anything. I make pipes. They pay the bills. I don't care what they do with them after they get them.

Old 2007-01-26, 11:52am
San Diego Toni

Hey Chad - Thanks for that tut! somehow I missed it first time around, so I'm glad it got bumped. I have tried a couple of times from some written directions I found at thegldg, but the visual helps a ton! I think I know what I've been doing wrong now...will be giving it another shot this weekend. I don't personally indulge (I met my lifetime quota at a very young age ) but have a couple of friends who keep bugging me, and now maybe I can deliver!
Thanks again!!
Toni

Last edited by Toni L.; 2007-01-26 at 11:56am.
Old 2007-01-30, 8:48am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni L. View Post
Hey Chad - Thanks for that tut! somehow I missed it first time around, so I'm glad it got bumped. I have tried a couple of times from some written directions I found at thegldg, but the visual helps a ton! I think I know what I've been doing wrong now...will be giving it another shot this weekend. I don't personally indulge (I met my lifetime quota at a very young age ) but have a couple of friends who keep bugging me, and now maybe I can deliver!
Thanks again!!
Toni
I don't smoke anything at all. Legal or otherwise. I have never smoked cigarettes (watching two family members die of lung cancer from smoking will do that) and I haven't smoked other things for at least 10 years. I quit when I started playing pro hockey because of drug tests. I haven't picked it back up since then.

Ironic that I make pipes, huh?

Old 2007-01-30, 11:49am

I think they are cool and I don't smoke anything either!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-02-01, 4:31pm
San Diego Toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
... I started playing pro hockey...
Ironic that I make pipes, huh?
I had no idea you played pro! Very cool. Who did you play for? I quickly became a huge hockey fan when I married my ex - spent about 5 years breathing NHL, and a little IHL too! Season tickets to the Ducks (quit laughing) and then LOTS of killer seats at the new staples center with company tix. I travelled a lot for one job and made it a point to get tickets to a game in whatever cities I could...I even went by myself in Chicago since everyone flaked out.

Kinda funny story - I started collecting jerseys and got myself a San Francisco Spiders IHL jersey. Just last year I saw them all in my closet and checked out ebay - I got $200 for that dang thing!

Oh, and yeah, kinda ironic on the pipe thing, but I bet they help pay the bills, huh??

I'm going to have to see if I can find my favorite picture of me and Teemu Selanne.

toni

Old 2007-02-05, 12:43pm
ManBearPig

I played in the ECHL. They were the Roanoke Rampage the year I played. I broke both bones in my lower left leg and that ended my pro career. I was never really fast enough to be a "speedster" and I was never really a goal-scorer. I was mainly a fighter. So, lower leagues were about as high as I could go anyways.

Old 2007-06-16, 7:57pm
Hooked on Glass

Default Stupid question

You show how to pull the point away from the end but how do you get the point on the end? Or do you just melt the end closed?
Old 2007-06-17, 9:40pm

Just another great tutorial Chad

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2007-06-18, 11:17am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwood View Post
You show how to pull the point away from the end but how do you get the point on the end? Or do you just melt the end closed?
Just melt it closed. Heat and rotate.

Old 2007-06-18, 5:14pm
Hooked on Glass

Thank you

You are always the best, and your help is gratefully appreciated.

Gloria
Old 2007-06-18, 11:08pm

in you tutorial you state you use 25.4mm Simax tubing, what wall thickness? I plan on giving this a try,and need to place a order for some tube. is a Lynx able to pull this off?
thanks
Murf

------------------------
Old 2007-06-18, 11:09pm

ooooppps, i see it on your tutorial(the wall thickness) sorry got excited
Murphy

------------------------
Old 2007-06-20, 9:33am
ManBearPig

I have done plenty of them on a Minor, so on a Lynx it should be no problem. Of course, that is not the only diameter you can use. I use 22, 26, 32, and various other sizes as well.

Old 2008-10-27, 2:42pm
Does my glass look 2 big?

I can't see the pictures in this tut. Is it gone forever?

Old 2008-10-27, 3:14pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

I dindt see them either, but I will cover pulling points with pictures in my upcomming tutorial on blown christmas ornaments. I didnt read the whole thread, but a good pointer is.... before you ever start to pull,, make sure you are turning true and on center. take your time.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2008-10-27, 5:28pm
Does my glass look 2 big?

Why thanks!
I'll keep my eye open for the tut!

Old 2008-10-27, 6:22pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by closer2fine View Post
I can't see the pictures in this tut. Is it gone forever?
No. Not gone forever. I'm working on redesigning my site right now...

Old 2008-10-29, 8:01am
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
No. Not gone forever. I'm working on redesigning my site right now...
Thank goodness! I remembered your tut on vortex designs and decided I wanted to try it. When I went back to the post the pictures were gone! I'm still going to try it and hope I remember enough.

Old 2008-10-29, 5:28pm
Senior Moment

Cosmo, where did the pictures go? I would love to see them since I am such a visual learner.

Old 2008-10-29, 8:17pm
where is that UPS man?

Cosmo..... oh cosmo.......
Where are the pics, oh Cosmo god of TUTS...
Okay enough of the arse kissing lets see some pics......
He-He
Deb

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-01, 4:01pm
Just Me!

Me Too....
Where Oh Where have the Photos all Gone?
I need photos..........Valerie
Old 2008-11-02, 3:20am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

same here.

Old 2008-11-05, 7:11am

I think the photos were on his website, which (he said) is redesigning, so we can't see the pictures.

Old 2008-11-09, 2:15am

Did you try the link to his website?

I gotta comment on the fighting part!! I thought that is what they all did!
Quote:
I played in the ECHL. I was mainly a fighter. So, lower leagues were about as high as I could go anyways.