Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-03-20, 8:30am
Goddess

Default What the heck is this?

I just got a new glass shipment in and apparently I ordered some strange type of Effetre. They are transparent, hollow rods (amber, pink, aqua), typical rod size but the colour appears sort of streaky or whispy. The biggest thing for me is that they are hollow, what the heck am I suppose to do with these?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-20, 8:32am
In search of her path....

I believe those are seeded glass. When you used them they leave lil patterns of bubbles in your work. Tink has made some gourgeous work with them I didnt realize they were making them still!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-03-20, 9:54am
Goddess

Really? How cool, I had no idea what I was ordering. The description was written in German but my supplier just started carrying it and so I thought I'd see what it was. It looks like it won't go far though since it is hollow.

Old 2006-03-20, 10:02am
Goddess

Hey, you're right. I just looked up seeded glass and this is what I have. My supplier is selling it as a new product so maybe it really isn't discontinued? I just saw an ebay auction for the pink. 9 rods are at $31.00. Holy cow, I am paying alot less than that...I'm off to order more

Old 2006-03-20, 10:17am
In search of her path....

lol stock up while you can

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-03-20, 10:28am
Goddess

LOL, I just did, I feel stupid doing it though cuz I have no idea what I will actually do with it yet ....I've got it though

Old 2006-03-20, 10:37am
I'm a lilac!

Ooooh Teresa, would you mind sharing the supplier's info? I wonder if they ship internationally? I would really like to order some of that.

Old 2006-03-20, 11:28am
Goddess

Kalera, I'm not sure if he does or not. I will write and ask him for you. I'll get back to you and let you know. He is selling meter long rods (cut) at 1,60 euro. That's $1.95 per meter. I'm not sure if it would still be a good price once shipping was included.

Old 2006-03-20, 11:32am
I'm a lilac!

Thanks, Teresa! I'd love to know, and I appreciate you asking for me!

Old 2006-03-20, 12:15pm

some people use it also for jewellery design, like spacer. just cut some, let say, one inch pieces and bead it between your work!

natty

www.perle-et-verre.com
Old 2006-03-20, 1:49pm
Goddess

Kalera, he wrote back and said that yes he would do it. He will find out about shipping and let me know tomorrow.

Hi Natty, thank you for tip!

Old 2006-03-20, 4:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderCreek
Kalera, he wrote back and said that yes he would do it. He will find out about shipping and let me know tomorrow.

Hi Natty, thank you for tip!
I'd be very interested in ordering some also. Kalera, maybe you want to offer some on your site? That would be waaaay cool you know.

Tracey

Listen to your inner voice. It knows what's it's talking about.
Old 2006-03-20, 8:58pm
Serenity Now!

Oh me too, me too! I want some too!
Val

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-03-20, 10:20pm
I'm a lilac!

Teresa, you rock! Guys, when I find out I will let you know.

Old 2006-03-21, 12:46am
Fancy Mammal

Oh, yes Kalera, please? I'm really fascinated by the idea of aqua!
Old 2006-03-21, 6:56am
Goddess

Thank you Kalera for taking this over...lol. There is also interest in the UK, so if any others in the UK are interested let me know.

If you guys need any help with translation between you an Uwe, just let me know. He is a real sweetheart. I hope we don't overwhelm him too badly.

Old 2006-03-21, 12:04pm
Student of DachZen

OOooh, I'd love to try some, please do let us know when you have it in stock, Kalera!

Old 2006-03-22, 9:15am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

HA!!! I just ordered my shipload of it and can not wait to get my hands on it. ( two days waiting anxiously!)

Old 2006-03-22, 12:58pm
Goddess

I got mine today

Old 2006-03-22, 1:24pm
im Loving it!

Teresa, I am interested in more seeded glass. I love the glass I got from Tink its great!

Jenny
Old 2006-03-24, 4:06am

I would love to see an example of something done with this!
Old 2006-03-24, 8:06pm

Ok is this still avalible if it is I would Like 1 or 2 pounds in each color. Please pm me and let me know.

Michelle
aka Mommawoodsy

Old 2006-03-25, 8:52am
Goddess

Michelle you might want to PM Kalera. I am not sure if she ordered yet, but I THINK she was going to buy in bulk and maybe with a few other people? Not sure exactly but you can email and ask. If not send me a PM and I can send you the information for ordering directly.

Old 2006-03-25, 8:53am
Goddess

Helen, there is a thread in the Gallery where people were showing what they've made with seeded glass.

Old 2006-03-27, 12:51pm

I am really interested too!! More glass! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-03-27, 5:25pm
Anna Duhame

Teresa, I can't wait to see what you make with it!