Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-06-18, 9:39am
Debra Clutter

Arrow Vetrofond color chart

I have put together a Vetrofond color chart. Ok I have created a website so you can go there to get the color charts.
Color Charts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Last edited by dclutter64; 2009-06-19 at 11:39am.
Old 2009-06-18, 1:32pm
Debra Clutter

I am including an Excel spreadsheet also encase someone wants to do inventory or make labels. I am working on Effetre next. Does anyone find these helpful?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vetrofond Glass.zip (6.8 KB, 1015 views)

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Last edited by dclutter64; 2009-06-18 at 1:44pm.
Old 2009-06-18, 2:38pm
CGlassDesigns

Hi Debra,
I find these extremely helpful. I've only been doing this for a year now. I did not save my glass color description. Now I have to go back through my huge collection of glass and figure out what color the rods are. I have mostly Moretti glass but some Vetrofond also. What was I thinking? Thanks for your spreadsheet and color chart.
Old 2009-06-18, 3:41pm
Debra Clutter

Thanks Becky! I was hoping I wasn't wasting my time! I am sick today and it is about the only thing I feel like doing! Almost done with the Effetre!

#C-108

Old 2009-06-18, 5:36pm
picking Job's Tears

They're great!

I get a lot of my glass unlabeled, now I can finally "put names top faces".
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-06-18, 6:06pm
Debra Clutter

I have unlabeled glass too! This was my motivation!

#C-108

Old 2009-06-18, 7:00pm

Very helpful, Debra. Thanks for sharing this!

Old 2009-06-18, 10:33pm
plays with fire

These are VERY helpful! I had started to compile this myself, but didn't get that far, so I know how much time you have put into this. Thanks!
Old 2009-06-18, 10:39pm
plays with fire

As if you haven't helped enough by putting these files together, how do you recommend doing the labels? The labels I have been using are on small sheets. Thanks again!
Old 2009-06-19, 8:35am
Debra Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbeads View Post
As if you haven't helped enough by putting these files together, how do you recommend doing the labels? The labels I have been using are on small sheets. Thanks again!

I actually use Avery 8867 Address Labels and the template for them in Microsoft word. I thought the excel file would be helpful to write the amount of labels needed and cut and past the names to the template. I hope this helps.

#C-108

Old 2009-06-19, 1:39pm

This is awesome. I have some glass that is so old that there are no numbers on them and this will be the easiest way to help label them.

Great work! CIM colors coming soon?
Old 2009-06-19, 4:23pm

Awesome. Thank you.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-06-19, 4:55pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Thanks so much
Old 2009-06-22, 5:18pm

Debra thank you so much...sick or not, you did a great job! Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this I needed this. When I bought glass in the beginning I would just depend on the invoice for the colors lol..which were not always right. Then I got smarter lol and started marking the number on a piece of masking tape before leaving the store. That was before I started buying more than a rod or two. Neva know when that one special color becomes your favorite and it's an "odd" or "special and ya can no longer get it.
Anyways....thanks again!
Old 2009-06-22, 7:00pm

Great to have in one place, but I'm going to make a comment, it may sound snarky, but did you make the paddles and take the photos yourself? That must of taken a lot of time.

Become a fan on Facebook:

Last edited by Lara; 2009-06-22 at 7:07pm.
Old 2009-06-22, 8:28pm
And silence is golden

Nice job Debra!
Old 2009-06-22, 8:36pm
Debra Clutter

Thanks everyone! I had to build a website and sign up for a domain and hosting service to have a place to put them. It was too much work to keep optimizing them! I had plans to do the website anyway. Now I will spend a lot of time getting it finished.

#C-108

Old 2009-06-26, 7:11am

OMG....I came on today to actually ask if anyone knew of a site that had all the colors for 104. And look here...you are the bomb! Yes this is very helpful. And very very generous of your time and effort. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2009-06-27, 7:42am
Always smiling, again.

Most excellent! This is very helpful!

A couple of years ago I started tagging all my glass, and had created a bead cost spread sheet, it's kinda a pain to keep track of it all, but it helps a lot to know the exact amount of $ in glass are in each bead!

Old 2009-06-27, 8:07am
Creatrixie

I think this is MOST helpful Deb!!! Thank you

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-06-27, 8:18am

Thanks Debra, very useful.

My Etsy shop

Website

Old 2009-06-27, 11:06am

This is wonderful! Thanks for all the hard work!

Old 2009-06-27, 2:01pm
just plain silly

WOW... thank you for doing this for us!!!!! Your charts will be very helpful to me.

Suzanne
Old 2009-06-27, 2:12pm
Lover of all things color

Is it a large file? I don't have winzip.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-10-19, 7:07pm

Thank you so much Debra. I was trying to identify some old glass rods with faded labels this evening. When I searched on Google for glass color charts, I was directly to this thread and found a wealth of information you posted. I truly appreciate your hard work and your generosity. Because of your effort, you made life easier for all of us.

Grace
Old 2009-10-20, 5:15pm
just plain silly

Thanks for posting the charts... VERY helpful !!!!

Suzanne
Old 2009-10-20, 6:59pm

Excellent resource. Thanks for putting it all together in one easy-to-reference place!

Marianne.
Old 2009-10-20, 9:34pm

Really nice of you to share this, thank you!!
Old 2009-10-26, 8:41am

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.
Old 2009-10-27, 4:32pm
Debra Clutter

Thanks everyone! It means a lot to me.

#C-108