TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-11-24, 10:29am

Default Ashton Angel Babies Christmas Ornament Tut. . .Totally for FWEE!!

This is a little tutorial project that I've been working on for those that love to make stuff as much as I do. I used to make the angels to give away as gifts but used different materials to make them. I thought it would be fun to redesign them, using lampwork beads.

What's nice about this design is that it's friendly to both the lampworker and the designer. If you are lampworker, you can easily make your own beads. If you are a designer, I'm sure that you can find someone to make a couple of large hollows for you to work with. (Bet there's a bunch on Etsy!)

Just to be clear, this isn't a lampwork tutorial. It's a project tutorial that uses lampwork as one if it's main elements. I had planned to use only hollows but got carried away a bit and had to put faces on my little angels. LOL!! They are supposed to represent my children (Ashley & Tony = Ashton), but I just realized after I took the pictures that they kinda look South Parkish.

So, in a couple of days I'll be back to post the free PDF link for those of you that would like to make angel babies. . .See ya soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-24, 10:40am

Would love it !!! I make a Christmas Ornanment each yr for my grandkids to have with the date on it. Something to rememeber "their Meme" by. This would be great.
Thank you for sharing and taking the time to do it. Appreciate you so much.
Janet
Old 2008-11-24, 12:19pm
glass nerd!

That is so cute. Can't wait for it.

Old 2008-11-24, 12:22pm
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Oh, they are so cute and it's so kind of you!

Old 2008-11-24, 12:31pm
Connie O

They are adorable, Lydia!!! I made little angels very similar to those years ago, but used a wooden bead for the head/face and glued on the fuzzy hair. I still have tons of ribbon, lace and trim around [pack rat city here] so will be another one waiting for the instructions. You are so kind to share this!!
Old 2008-11-24, 12:43pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

they're so cute!!

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-24, 1:10pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I love the faces!

Jenny

Old 2008-11-26, 9:23am

Thanks you guys!!! It's ready for download now. . .Hope you all enjoy it!

Click here to go to a page where you can download the file.

Old 2008-11-26, 11:39am
Who me?

Ahhh, that is so sweet - reminds me of the things my Mom and I would do at Christmas - she was a crafty lady.

You are so sweet to do this.

Now, why can't I get a grand daughter to do this with?
Old 2008-11-26, 12:05pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Thank you, Lydia! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season

Old 2008-11-26, 2:48pm

Lydia, this is such an in-depth tut for free. Thank you for your time in making this! Happy holidays!!
Old 2008-11-26, 4:33pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Thank you for that tut Lydia, it's so cute!

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-26, 4:33pm

I love this tutorial, thank you!
Old 2008-11-26, 10:10pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

CUTE!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
Old 2008-11-26, 11:59pm
Slowbie and loving it!

Thanks so much, Lydia.
Old 2008-11-27, 7:33am

Thanks ya'll! It was totally my pleasure!

Good question Linda, if you find a source for one of those let me know. . .I want one too!!

Old 2008-11-27, 7:51am

Thank you so much.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Janet
Old 2008-11-27, 1:56pm
Most have those beadies

Lydia, Thank you for this. I'm certainly going to try these.

my
my

my
my

Old 2008-11-27, 7:12pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I will try this, thank you for sharing, sweetie!

Old 2008-11-28, 8:18am

These are too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Beth
Old 2008-11-28, 8:24am

Thank you so much. I love Christmas. Only can't decorate the house. The min pins will destroy every thing.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-11-30, 9:09am

You are all so welcome! I think of all of the tuts I have done, this one was the most fun. I hope to do more in the future. I'd like to get at least one more free ornament up before Christmas. . . If not, there's always next year!

Old 2008-12-03, 12:02pm
SierraCatz

Thank you for the great idea and putting the tutorial together!...I have been making wooden ones like that for years but never thought to do with glass! They make a great gift!

Barbara -
"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea!" Unknown
Old 2008-12-03, 1:52pm
Does it come in purple?

Thank you for taking the time out to make this tut. I have a new grandson, born last Friday, and I could make a baby's first Christmas ornament especially for him.

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2008-12-03, 10:38pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

Thank You Lydia!
I love how you did the faces on the beads, very cute.
Old 2008-12-06, 8:55pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Lydia, thanks so much for the tut!!!!!!! I was in desperate need of an idea for a gift for some friends/family members that I can't afford to buy for this year. This is PERFECT!

Here is my prototype:

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2008-12-07, 9:05am

If am so glad that you guys are enjoying this!

Gelly, your angel baby is precious!!!! OMG! You should do one with a piggy head!

Old 2008-12-16, 8:48pm
The Andrea Half

Mine are not nearly as good as yours:

Old 2008-12-18, 8:41am

Andrea, that are too! They are absolutely ADOREABLE!!! I'd be proud to lovingly hang one of those babies on my Christmas tree!!!!