Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-01-27, 10:28am
Hugged your TORT today?

Default Oxy con limits and Mini cc

Hi
i am looking to upgrade to a Mini CC
is 1 5lpi Oxycon enough for it to not get the knobs hot? or should I run a bigger oxycon
Thanks
laura - "love those torts!"
Old 2008-01-27, 3:40pm
Booger #7

I'd go bigger. I ran my mini with one oxycon for about 6 months, but chained it to a second 5lpm machine and it runs so much better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-28, 7:38am
Butterfly Rancher

I went from 5LPM to 10 LPM and it is so much better!

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-01-28, 8:25am

I've run my mini cc with one oxy con and have since added another. I find the hot knobs are in direct relation to how long my flames are. When working moretti, I don't blast the flames and the knobs get hot, very hot. When working boro, I run the torch much hotter and find the knobs don't get hot.

I cannot justify running the torch hotter and working further out in the flames just to keep the knobs cooler. Just wastes more fuel to me. I don't worry about the knobs getting hot... heck, I don't spend much time holding onto them so why worry?

I've not read anything yet that says hot knobs shorten the lifespan of a mini cc. Anyone know if it does?

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-01-28, 8:39am
birdergirl ~o~

Could someone buy a bigger oxycon rather than running two?

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-01-28, 8:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadia View Post
Could someone buy a bigger oxycon rather than running two?
Yep. Mine are 5's, I think. There is a 10 out there somewhere.

(Sally, have you watched the videos yet? I miss a couple of them.... maybe in can pick them up in a week or so. Heard snow this weekend so I probably won't be going far.)

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-01-29, 8:23am
Butterfly Rancher

The Regalia is a single unit that puts out 10LPM and 7-9PSI available through Pyronamix http://www.pyronamix.com/index.html For working soft glass on the MiniCC, it's all the oxy you'll ever need.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-01-29, 8:35am
birdergirl ~o~

Sue and Beckah Thanks...,
Yes Sue I have watched all, some twice and I will run them back up to you!
Edit: Holy Carp! those Regalia are $$$!!!
Sally

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Last edited by cadia; 2008-01-29 at 8:37am.
Old 2008-01-29, 9:10am
da General

Unlimited Oxygen makes M5, M10 and M15s . . . 5LPM, 8LPM and 10LPM machines.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2008-01-30 at 4:55pm.
Old 2008-01-29, 1:34pm
birdergirl ~o~

Found some from Unlimited Oxygen ! 8LPM @ 10-12 PSI $522, 10 LPM @ 20 PSI $799

Old 2008-01-29, 1:51pm

We run our mini CC on two m-15's there is a guy on ebay with a bunch of m-15's listed for 325.00. we bought one from him earlier and the are great units. In fact one of the ladies from arrow springs told us this guy is one of the brothers from oxygen unlimited, anyway two of these will make a Mini CC purrr.
We only turn one on for soft and run both for boro.

here is a link to one of the oxy cons
http://cgi.ebay.com/Oxygen-Generator...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 2008-01-30, 3:16am
Knob Creek Glass

I love my three M-15's, from unlimitedoxygen.com!
Old 2008-01-30, 4:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_a_leak_in_art View Post
We run our mini CC on two m-15's there is a guy on ebay with a bunch of m-15's listed for 325.00. we bought one from him earlier and the are great units. In fact one of the ladies from arrow springs told us this guy is one of the brothers from oxygen unlimited, anyway two of these will make a Mini CC purrr.
We only turn one on for soft and run both for boro.

here is a link to one of the oxy cons
http://cgi.ebay.com/Oxygen-Generator...QQcmdZViewItem
Hi Guys, the units on ebay are not from Unlimited Oxygen!! Those are copy cat units made by Extreme Oxygen, under a fictisous name so their distributors wont find out. Somebody should run the name Industrial Oxygen to see if it is a real company. Our units are still the M series and still the best. We have some new and exciting stuff coming soon, including the Top Hat foot pedal( very affordable), the O2 Booster and more units in our steel line-up. Any questions or doubts about Unlimited Oxygen, please call Jack.
Old 2008-01-30, 10:12pm

Hi Jack, we apologize if our info about your company was incorrect.... We bought our first unit from Unlimited Oxygen (through AS), and it works great. But for less than half the price I can't complain about other unit either.

Old 2008-02-02, 2:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_a_leak_in_art View Post
Hi Jack, we apologize if our info about your company was incorrect.... We bought our first unit from Unlimited Oxygen (through AS), and it works great. But for less than half the price I can't complain about other unit either.
Hey, no apology needed. I am just trying to help with the confusion. I certainly dont blame anyone for wanting a good deal. Just be careful. jack