No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-12, 10:47am
one day at a time

Default questions about Effetre tongue pink and powder pink

I don't think I have ever tried the tongue pink. I use powder pink and striking it can be difficult sometimes. Who has something to show what the tongue pink looks like? Is it similar to powder pink? Lighter or darker? I had some of what I thought was an odd lot of powder pink years ago and it was beautiful, like a real nice terracotta color after striking it. I sure wish I could get ahold of some of that again!

Are there any other 104 colors out there that are similar to the powder pink? They must react with the dark line like ivory does with turquoise because I use it with my Terracotta Turquoise beads. Like this:

These are similar to Terracotta Turquoise but they have a different base.

Here are the ones made with the really pretty powder pink. This is the color I sure wish I had more of!

Last edited by Lisi; 2011-07-12 at 10:50am.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:31am

Sharp looking beads Lisi.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-07-12, 11:38am

Very lovely ,Lisi.I have old Powder pink..what is the actual base color of turquoise? Is it Moretti light or dark?
Let me know and I will try it out..maybe we can work out a barter if its the right Powder pink
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:06pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Hi Lisi! So glad you asked this. I have 4# powder pink, 2 are terracotta like and one of those has a B after the 262 for bright, so I 've been told. The other 2 are more tan and one of those has an L, I'm told stands for light.
I've wondered the same thing...what the?????

Your beads are very pretty, I love the watery texture, is that frit or your base colour?
Nice!!!

namaste
Rowyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-07-12, 12:10pm

Ohhh,Rowyn..you have lots more than I do..I should hang onto the little bit I have although I am not even sure its the right one.
Oh..I haven't forgotten your pkg..I am still unpacking and finding more odd stuff..stringers,partial rods..misc pieces..I have a box I keep putting them in for you,Rowan..it might take a while..I seem to move at a snails pace in this heat..lol
"

Old 2011-07-12, 12:45pm
Triumphantly Knit!

LOL, I borrowed some money to buy some glass. Hind sight---I would have been better off getting colours of my choice from a le vendor in a sale. I have weird assortments of things and yeah, like why do I have 4#s of powder pink in 3 varieties when it's a colour I've never even used?
Noobie learning, 101.

All in all I don't have much glass, but some of it is in abundance. I've tried to sell off some of it, but that hasn't worked either.

but not to hijack this thread....I'm sorry Lisi...tongue pink otoh, I don't seem to coax much out of it. Like you said, I am playing with reactions with other glasses.

gotta to eat
namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-07-13, 1:12am

Julie Fountain of Lush Lampwork has a recent post about tongue pink. (She's on a one-woman crusade to rename it Striking Terracotta!)

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-07-13, 7:58am

Tongue Pink is a color that will enhance reactions...
There are a few versions out there. Machine pulled, Hand pulled, and colorful handpulled (old Batches).
The old batches of hand pulled, super react are are darker in rod form, with pink tree rings when you look at the end of the rods.
A must have for just about everyone!
Old 2011-07-13, 8:35am
Lampworkaholic!

This is Tongue Pink, struck. These were made for one of Melanie's "fugly" glass challenges.

I have to look for some of my Powder Pink. It is the color of pressed powder.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-07-14, 6:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4GlassStudio View Post
Tongue Pink is a color that will enhance reactions...
There are a few versions out there. Machine pulled, Hand pulled, and colorful handpulled (old Batches).
The old batches of hand pulled, super react are are darker in rod form, with pink tree rings when you look at the end of the rods.
A must have for just about everyone!
What does tongue pink react best with? Ivory, silver, copper??
I have some old conical ends with the tree rings, and while I don't have trouble striking it, I haven't seen many reactions. I'd love to give it another go!

Old 2011-07-14, 6:55am

OK, I can see the reaction possibilities after reading Julie's "striking terracotta" blog. Definitely worth playing around with!

Old 2011-07-14, 9:46pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tumblingdragonz View Post
Your beads are very pretty, I love the watery texture, is that frit or your base colour?
Nice!!!

namaste
Rowyn
Thanks to all for the nice comments!

It's Effetre (Moretti) light turquoise and the frit is a mix of Effetre opaque blues and greens, I'm not sure which colors but I think it's petroleum green, lt and dk turquoise, lt sky blue, and nile green. The second picture I think I blended the light and dark turquoise and added a little petroleum green in a swirled stringer and sort of splashed that over the turquoise base.

Last edited by Lisi; 2011-07-14 at 9:49pm.
Old 2011-07-15, 2:22am
one day at a time

Oh, I forgot to mention - I think the color I used on the bottom set must have been tongue pink because from the pictures you show, that confirms it!
Old 2011-07-15, 2:24am
one day at a time

I think the color I used for the set on my picture on the bottom must be tongue pink. It was gifted to me as powder pink, but that may have been a mistake! From the pictures of your beads, it confirms it! So I will order some next time.
Old 2019-02-22, 12:43pm
Newby

So what is it in DH Aurae that makes it strike? I have gobs of it and it's either white or burned.
Old 2019-02-22, 8:06pm

Aurae is not a striking color. It is a reducing color.
Old 2019-02-23, 4:06am

And what has it to do with this topic, just curious.

elke