Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-04-20, 10:09pm

Aw man not good timing. Found out today that my Dad was hospitalized last week. No one even called me. wtf?
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-04-21, 2:45pm

Default Ready to go

I really have the gathering process down. Now to get it all in the suitcase. We are in the first group. I can hardly wait. So sorry about your dad Paula. I hope he is ok.
Old 2009-04-21, 2:48pm

Thanks Frogee. He is out of the hospital but since he is 88 I worry. If I wasn't going to Italy I'd be on my way to Florida. Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-21, 4:38pm
M & D Designs

Paula, So sorry about your dad,I am glad he is out of the hospital. I understand, my dads 86 but I am leaving him with my husband to take care of.
Mike, I am packing, I can hardly wait.
Old 2009-04-21, 4:48pm

Thanks Mom53! Overall he is in good health but you know that at 88 anything can go wrong and he does have a heart problem. This is one of the reasons that I don't go overseas that often. Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-22, 11:20am

Vorrei andare a Venezia con me?

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-27, 4:55am

Hey Mike,
Will we have any more updates from you before you leave?? Can't wait!

Old 2009-04-27, 4:12pm

Wow. Talk about timing! I hope Swine Flu doesn't close down air travel!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-27, 4:51pm

Default Just Say No!

Quote:

Paula
Stay away from Pork products!

mike frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-04-27, 5:00pm

Yeah well what about all of the people coughing in the airport and breathing my air on the airplane?? Yuck..
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-29, 8:32pm

Do I need to bring a dress??

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-30, 9:56am

Default A Dress This

Quote:
Do I need to bring a dress??

Paula
I see no reason for a dress. I have been going to Murano for twenty years and have never needed one myself.

Bring comfortable clothes, bring good walking shoes, check your soles of your shoes and if they are worn down to where water may leak into, do not bring them, experience is speaking.

Yea, I am just slightly concerned about the swine influenza. I do not like breathing the air with 200 other folks, but that is under normal circumstances when there is no major problems.

I will coat the inside of my nose with neosporin, I will carry my anti bacterial goop and wash my hands more often. I do feel that I will bring a bunch of surgical gloves with me so that when I enter and exit the bathroom on my flight that I never touch what other humans have touched. There are so many places that germs hang out, but if I can protect myself in the bathroom, I will be fine.

As long as the planes are flying, I am going to Italy.

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-04-30, 10:08am

Thanks Mike. I am going to get gloves and a face mask tonight. I might bring a dress for London. If there is any space!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-30, 11:17am

Wink

Well, maybe Mike may not see the purpose of a "dress" (for himself), but I"m sure that the Italian MEN may like it, especially if you have pretty legs! I do not think there is a more seductive place to feel most feminine on the planet then when in la Serenella....

One other word of advise.... LEAVE ROOM FOR BRINING BACK STUFF YOU BUY!!! Remember, you'll be visiting the best tool maker in the world (DONA, DONA!!!)and have opportunity to buy rod glass! If anything, be sure to bring two suitcases to be sure you have space to carry it all back and not pay those stupid airlines a penny more for their overweight charge! No sense in that......

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-04-30 at 12:52pm.
Old 2009-04-30, 1:16pm

Default Mikey In A Dress, I think NOT!

Quote:
Well, maybe Mike may not see the purpose of a "dress" (for himself), but I"m sure that the Italian MEN may like it, especially if you have pretty legs! I do not think there is a more seductive place to feel most feminine on the planet then when in la Serenella....

One other word of advise.... LEAVE ROOM FOR BRINING BACK STUFF YOU BUY!!! Remember, you'll be visiting the best tool maker in the world (DONA, DONA!!!)and have opportunity to buy rod glass! If anything, be sure to bring two suitcases to be sure you have space to carry it all back and not pay those stupid airlines a penny more for their overweight charge! No sense in that......
I do not look good in a dress! I have photos to prove that! Yes, Dona, Dona, Dona. I almost feel like I should carry one extra suitcase to bring back glass in for Bead & Button. But I hate dragging one empty, but then I hate trying to find a suitcase in Murano or Venice, let alone a box for the glass. Shopping is limited and a suitcase big enough, or let me put it this way. I was going through Amsterdam, and granted, things at the airport cost more than at Wall Mart, but I saw a suitcase at the airport that was the same style as one made by the same company for Costco, and the Costco price was $99, the Amsterdam Price was 299 and that was euros not dollars!

I actually had to upgrade from a smaller suitcase to a larger suitcase so I could bring my own pillow. Last year when I was in Murano for 45 days I brought my own queen sized down comforter, and I am so happy I did and with my own pillow, life was good.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-04-30, 1:36pm

Smile

Hey, bring a smaller suitcase that fits into a bigger one! Or just pack one with lots of good packing materials. Can't go wrong! Besides... Roberto made two extra guilletine
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.... Nice little tool... and will eat easy 14 pounds off your suitcase allowance in one swoop!

I'd love to see the picture of you in that dress, Mike, and let me draw my own opinion of how well you look or don't
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-30, 3:06pm
Knob Creek Glass

Mike remember me when you are buying Dona tools!!! Please, Please, Please!!!
Old 2009-04-30, 3:14pm
Pyro Tyro

Quote:

Paula
Here is a
you can wear around your neck (battery operated). A similar one was tested years ago by the Good Housekeeping people. A woman who was allergic to cats and dogs wore one and then went into a rescue place. She said it really helped a lot. A family friend swore she no longer got sick flying when she used one of these. They might sell them at the airport.

Here's another interesting

Healthy happy travels everyone... send postcards!

Old 2009-04-30, 3:52pm

Wink

Quote:
Mike remember me when you are buying Dona tools!!! Please, Please, Please!!!
Hi Barbara, he should have plenty more of small raggieras by the time Mike arrives! He made several when I was there.....

Old 2009-04-30, 4:24pm

Hey everyone! It won 't be long now!! I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Old 2009-04-30, 5:17pm

WOOHOO!!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-01, 1:55pm

Smile

Hey you guys... when you are over there, be sure to wear your jewelry made with your beads!! They really enjoy seeing what is going on with the rest of the world, and it makes for a nice warm door opener to spark conversation with the locals, especially in the shops. It helps set you apart from the average "buying/browsing" tourist, to an informed and educated glass worker. Strut your stuff and be proud to show your tallent
! Be proud, but always be humble......

Ciao! And have a great time
!!

Old 2009-05-02, 5:19am

Hello people

I am searchign for Mike Frantz..anybody did see him?

Please keep in touch Mike

Sunday morning 11 may i will wait you for a nice coffe at the Canal Grande of Murano bridge...Please give me the right time !!

Have a nice trip.
I leave my home on 4th sunday ealy morning by fly

Ciao

"secret of success?...passion & experience"

Old 2009-05-02, 9:14am

Have fun everyone! Be safe. Enjoy the trip and of course, touch every piece of glass you see

Old 2009-05-02, 10:11am

Default Excuseeeeee

Quote:
Hello people

I am searchign for Mike Frantz..anybody did see him?

Please keep in touch Mike

Sunday morning 11 may i will wait you for a nice coffe at the Canal Grande of Murano bridge...Please give me the right time !!

Have a nice trip.
I leave my home on 4th sunday ealy morning by fly

Ciao
Dear Mike, sorry not to answer your last email, been busy, I will be back in office in a few hours and will be sure to give you the info you need.

For those flying, I suggest not only where rubber gloves when going to and fro from the toilet, if you have the type of jet plane where you have the little air above you, do not use it. I was told that it is recirculated air. But no matter how carefull you are, if somebody sneezes on you with the flu, you may get sick, but the chances are small, keep your immune system strong, think positive and a dress would come in handy on a hot day!

mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-05-02, 2:30pm

Quote:
I will coat the inside of my nose with neosporin, I will carry my anti bacterial goop and wash my hands more often. I do feel that I will bring a bunch of surgical gloves with me so that when I enter and exit the bathroom on my flight that I never touch what other humans have touched. There are so many places that germs hang out, but if I can protect myself in the bathroom, I will be fine.

As long as the planes are flying, I am going to Italy.

Mike Frantz
Mike...H1N1 influenza isn't caused by bacteria so there is no reason to coat your nose with an antibiotic, all it will do is kill off the good bacteria that protects your skin. Instead, wash your hands or carry a bottle of hand sanitizer and use it often, don't rub your eyes and keep your hands off your face....that's your best defense against the flu...

Have a great time in Italy!

Denise
Old 2009-05-02, 5:21pm

Default Thanks

Quote:
Mike...H1N1 influenza isn't caused by bacteria so there is no reason to coat your nose with an antibiotic, all it will do is kill off the good bacteria that protects your skin. Instead, wash your hands or carry a bottle of hand sanitizer and use it often, don't rub your eyes and keep your hands off your face....that's your best defense against the flu...

Have a great time in Italy!

Denise
Thanks, especially since I hate pushing that up my nose, feels funny and the looks I get when I do it!

Any other tips?

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-05-03, 3:17am

DPete1104 thanks for yoru suggests
ciao

Old 2009-05-03, 5:09am
Knob Creek Glass

Have a great time. Take lots of pictures to share.
Old 2009-05-03, 6:28am

sure !!