Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-03-30, 2:23am

Default <b>do all colors change when annealed?<b>

I have always wondered this but do all colors change when they are annealed? I just use the percolite for now and wondering if my colors when cooled in an annealer will be the same as pulling them out of the crockpot?
Thanks
Irene
Old 2006-03-30, 4:15am

i haven't noticed that the colors are changing after being annealed in my kiln..i only use moretti glass, hope that helps..
renee
www.simonsewsetc.com
Old 2006-03-30, 9:05am
Floral Obsessed

The colours that would change most are the striking (change colour when exposed to heat - mostly transparent reds and oranges) and/or opalino (translucent) colours. Most of the pastel and non-strking transparents stay the same, although metal-rich colours like turquoise might sometimes gain or lose reduction effects on the surface. Striking colours might go deeper and opalinos would become more opaque. Hope this helps! I'm sure some people can add more detailed observations here as well. -H.
Old 2006-03-30, 9:28am
Eight Miles Wide

i use moretti, and i think they are shinier after they are kiln-annealed...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-30, 9:29am
ManBearPig

Most soft glass colors are the same color after annealing that the original rod is. As long as you stay away from striking colors, what you see is what you get (unless there is a color reaction between colors in the flame, but that's a whole other subject).