LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-05-15, 1:25am
Alaska Boro

Default Airsep NewLife Elite Service Manual Needed

Looking for a service manual for an Airsep NewLife Elite oxygen concentrator. Found the patient manual online, but not the service manual.

Would like to know, among other things what the numbers indicate on the LCD internal readout and if the displayed information is within proper operational guidelines. And how to adjust the output pressure, etc.

A PDF link or PDF copy would be appreciated if available.
Old 2010-05-15, 6:30am
Gentleman of Leisure

LCD display normally is number of hours unit has run....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2010-05-15, 1:27pm
Alaska Boro

Dale:

This is the LCD that is mounted on the internal circuit board. Not the standard hour meter that is visible to the user. There are a set of green LED's that show the sequence of the valves. Thus the need for the manual to see what all is going on with the unit, etc.
Old 2010-05-17, 1:38pm
Alaska Boro

Default Airsep Circuit Board

This is the internal circuit board. What these numbers indicate will most likely be covered in the service manual.

Old 2010-05-18, 7:55am
Gentleman of Leisure

I have tried several I-net searches and only came up with part number for manual on one site, BUT can not find the actual manual...

Dale

Old 2010-05-18, 1:35pm
Alaska Boro

Dale:

Same result on this end. Found the patient manual, but not the service one. For some other brands the service manual can be located on the net, but not the one for the AirSep.

Perhaps, someone will have a spare one in their junk box.

Thanks for trying.........
Old 2010-05-24, 11:14am

Hi Alaska,
Have you found the manual you need? I am thinking of buying the same model and was wondering about the LPMs. Have you found that it is enough? I will be using a Minor Bench Burner and am still trying to decide if I should get bottled oxygen or a concentrator. Any opinion on this? If I do go with the concentrator I will certainly share the manual with you.
Old 2010-05-24, 2:19pm
Alaska Boro

Appreciate the offer on the service manual. A copy would be most appreciated if available. Seems that AirSep keeps their service manuals restricted. The one that comes with the machine is most likely the patient manual, which is very restrictive as to any internal service data and internal adjustments.

Using a Cricket which is designed for low oxygen use. One 5 LPM machine will work, but with two it is better. May add the AirSep to the line for three 5 LMP machines. The only issue is that all should have their output PSIs in the same range. i.e. do not connect up one 5 psi machine with one 9 psi machine, etc.

Have not used the minor so have no first hand experience. However, it would be my guess that the minor will NOT work well with one 5 LPM machine. You can check some of the threads in the forum for additional information.

Bottled is preferred by many. It is easy to use, with the exception of the heavy bottles. You can also run the torch on higher pressures if the torch is so designed. And there are very few parts to wear out. Plus the oxygen percent is higher than an oxygen generator. The reason here to use a concentrator, is that the cost to fill a 250 cu ft bottle is $60. In some parts of California, that cost is in the $19 range. Thus the need to use an alternative method here in the north.
Old 2010-08-30, 3:37pm

Default Also interested....

I'm new to lampwork and I have a chance to buy a used (< 1 year) AirSep New Life Elite for $300. I wanted to know if it would work with my Minor torch (I'm interested in soft glass beading). If so are there mods needed like psi change etc. and could I get a copy of the service manual(s) or instructions on modifying the machine?

Best Regards,
Mike
Old 2010-08-30, 5:31pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1d1 View Post
I'm new to lampwork and I have a chance to buy a used (< 1 year) AirSep New Life Elite for $300. I wanted to know if it would work with my Minor torch (I'm interested in soft glass beading). If so are there mods needed like psi change etc. and could I get a copy of the service manual(s) or instructions on modifying the machine?

Best Regards,
Mike
Assuming it is a 5 lpm, it would be fine for a minor. It does not need any modification to work, except possibly for an adaptor for the hose.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-10-28, 9:52pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1d1 View Post

Best Regards,
Mike

I just purchased a newlife elite airsep concentrator 5lpm for 100 bucks today in Houston!!! I have a Nortel Minor torch I want to run this on with propane. I have no clue what-so-ever as to how to hook it up or what I need to do it with, I did get two different hoses with my torch, one green and one red. as for the oxycon Iall I know is that it has a plastic ribbed conection where the breathing hose attatched. ???? what do I need for this????

Old 2010-10-29, 9:33am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlite View Post
I just purchased a newlife elite airsep concentrator 5lpm for 100 bucks today in Houston!!! I have a Nortel Minor torch I want to run this on with propane. I have no clue what-so-ever as to how to hook it up or what I need to do it with, I did get two different hoses with my torch, one green and one red. as for the oxycon Iall I know is that it has a plastic ribbed conection where the breathing hose attatched. ???? what do I need for this????
Your answers are here....

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178046

Dale

Old 2011-09-06, 12:30pm

Hi,
I found service manuals on the website http://www.frankshospitalworkshop.co...e_manuals.html
At least the Airsep Newlife manual is available. So this will help some of us.
Regards,
Arthur
Old 2011-09-10, 2:04am
Alaska Boro

Arthur:

Appreciate the link to the Airsep. That will sure help in troubleshooting activities. The remaining question, not covered in the manual, is what does the numbers on the readout indicate?

The manual does indicate the purpose of the green LED's. i.e. the blinking green lighting matrix on the circuit board corresponds to the solenoid valve as to which set of values are open.