Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-11-16, 11:17am
Broken

Default Easy Peasy Camera?

I am thinking of adding a camera to my Xmas list. I'd want one specifically for bead pics, easy to use and not super expensive. Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-16, 11:26am

Canon S2. I think the S3 is out now so you should get a good price on it.
It is super easy to use takes WONDERFUL!! pictures and I have one so if you would need any help I can give ya pointers!

Old 2006-11-16, 11:27am

here is a picture taken outside with no special lighting and barely any editing in photoshop. 1 sharpen and a crop.

Old 2006-11-17, 1:13am
Martyrs don't bitch.

I have a Canon Powershot 610, Around $200, easy to use, takes good bead pictures too.

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2006-11-17, 1:27am
needs to light the torch.

I wanna check out the camera you are using to see if I can get any good pics out of it.
Isn't it supposed to be a good one?

Old 2006-11-17, 9:10am
Broken

It is but I can't seem to get crisp pics out of it. It's a Sony Maciva.

Old 2006-11-18, 12:52am
Ghost Town Glass

Nic, maybe ask for this to be moved to the Dark Room. There might be more people who are into photos there.

Wow, the s2 pics rock! I am also in the market so I will have to look at it. I am considering the d80 and Canon rebel XTi. I want an DSLR.
Old 2006-11-18, 5:03pm

I have a Sony Mavica too. I love the camera but I just cant get a decent picture of my beads with it and is making me crazy. Will see what my sister-in-law and my aunt have and give them a try cause it sure isnt working with the Mavica. Just cant get close enought to get detail.
Old 2006-11-19, 7:36pm
Missing presumed fed

There are a bazillion models of Mavica, with a whole lot of different features, and they've been making them for a bunch of years, so what somebody else's Mavica does may not be comparable to what yours does. It could be a completely different camera. These days, you need to know the exact model -- pretty soon, it will be like cars, and we'll have to know whether it was the 2006 Mavica model so-and-so or the 2007.