Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 18.98%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 423 37.70%
Howaco Glass 147 13.10%
islandglass!!! 88 7.84%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.19%
LBSupplies 113 10.07%
Moretti and More 208 18.54%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-30, 3:59pm

Geez Linda I've had 15 to 20 lb bundles shipped to me from AS all in one bundle in the middle of the box. As a person that ships a lot I think we are sometimes doomed to criticism no matter what we do. I have found that skinnier elastic bands around smaller bundles give less breakage than the stronger, fatter ones so I use the fatter ones just on bigger bundles. The fatter ones seem to put more pressure on the rods especially the long narrow ones. It sounds like one of your boxes was really banged around if you got broken rods inside of bubble wrap. That could also account for the really smashed up peanuts too.....Do they really make cheap and expensive rubber bands? I'm on my way to Staples right this minute to buy some so I will check and see!
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-01, 5:28am
Who me?

Just to be clear, neither of these orders was from Paula- but thanks for giving me different view - nothing broke in shipping on that one - but when I grab the bubble wrap and it open at both ends and loosely held by flimsey rubberbands - some of the rods slip out and hit the floor. Oh, and yes the box was in bad shape - it was a priority PO box and I guess I can be thankful that nothing broke til it got to my house.
Old 2008-05-01, 4:49pm

Phew. I am happy to hear it wasn't mine because I was going "What did I do to that ladies' order??" So I am glad to know that I have not lost it yet!
I do understand your frustration as I bought glass for many years before I started to sell it.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-05-05, 5:03pm
Hummel factory reject

Paula,

You pack very nicely. I just ordered and received my glass quickly, efficiently and at a nice price. It was my first time ordering from you. Very pleased. lori

Old 2008-06-02, 9:19pm
Light My Torch

Default warning bad customer service

I will never order anything from ABR Imagery again! I order 6 mandals from them and I could not get the beads off. I did everything that I could think of to get them off.....nothing worked.
I called them and they were very rude to me. After about 5 min I told them that I was going to cancel my CC, they told me that I could send them back.
There last words to me was "I will make a bead, send it to you to show you that the mandals are ok."
There is a number of reasons that I'm up set:
I'm a customer what happen to customer service/
I lost glass making the beads
I lost time
I would be very happy if one of my customers called and said that there was something wrong with my product. So that I would not sell it to anyone else.
So this is just a warning about them.

Old 2008-06-02, 9:25pm

Did you use Bead Release??

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-06-02, 9:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Paula,

You pack very nicely. I just ordered and received my glass quickly, efficiently and at a nice price. It was my first time ordering from you. Very pleased. lori

Thank You Lori!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-06-03, 6:34am
Light My Torch

yes, I used bead release and I also burned the end of the mandals. Thinking that maybe there was oil on them. When I was using them my hand was getting hot. So I'm thinking that there was some thing wrong with the mandals.

Old 2008-06-20, 8:08am

Andrighetti Glass works in Canada is awesome. Joanne has the BEST customer service ever!!!
Jessica
Old 2008-06-25, 9:43am
Puddy Cat Lover

I didn't see Ed Hoy on the list. I get all my moretti, bullseye, and sys 96 glass rods there wholesale. I'd get my Northstar there but I don't work very much with hard glass.
J.

Old 2008-06-25, 1:36pm

Angry Jodel Is The Worst!

I just received a box of glass from Jodel. What a mess. The box was ripped and smashed, and the glass was in pieces. No receipt or invoice, no labels on the glass - just the weights. Cannot reach them via email or phone.

Almost $400.00 in broken glass. I could not be more upset or angry.

I feel royally screwed over.

Mama
Old 2008-07-17, 4:36pm

Just wanted to add my two cents. I absolutely love Moretti and More. They have great customer service, good packaging and quick shipping. Also ordered from Mountain Arts Glass and Arrow Springs and had good transactions with both.

I ordered from ABR Imagery a couple of times as they are located in my hometown and I will never do it again. My customer service experience with them was horrible. I had a problem with my order and ended up on the phone in an argument with the owner who had an incredibly condescending attitude about the whole thing. The problem was never resolved and I had nothing but bad feelings when I hung up.
Old 2008-07-19, 7:27pm
California grrl

Oh YES ~ MOUNTAINGLASSARTS is just the BOMB ! Extremely helpfull and knowledgable ~ Matches other places pricing AND they are moved into a NEW place and will be carrying Precision and THEY SHIP FAST - I order and I get it next AM ~ WoW THey ROCK - I do NOT order elsewhere ! Although sometimes Rocio for silver glass and their silver jewelry !!!!
Old 2008-07-31, 5:35pm

^^^ agreed!!!!!
Old 2008-07-31, 9:13pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

I am new to this hobby, but have order regularly from a few different people.

Arrow Springs: great customer service, timely shipping, hate the website, and they do have alot of backorders

Frantz: Great website, timely shipping, great customer service, great selection of 104, but NO PAYPAL. bummer

Flamekissglass: great customer service, timely shipping, great website with updates and great selection of 104.

The Mandrel: have only ordered once, she had a rare color and shipped it very fast. I will be back again.

I could be one of those secret shoppers and have a ball doing it. I have been in retail for a long time and am a stickler for good customer service and communication. If you treat your customers with respect and take care of them they will be back.
Old 2008-07-31, 9:25pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thanks for including me DiamondLil...

Old 2008-07-31, 11:25pm

I've recently tried Annie Rose Glass in New Zealand (for gaffer and bullseye and bead release) and they were really FABULOUS!! Everything was packed beautifully, and there were some freebies too. The service and communication were some of the best I've ever received, too (thank you, Vicki). Plus, with the stronger aussie dollar, I saved a bundle (on glass and postage). I'll be back.

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
Old 2008-08-06, 10:05am
Will work for glass...

I have used several suppliers and my absolute favorite for speed of service and friendliness is Lance and Maureen at Flametree Glass in Roswell GA. I only use 104 compatible glasses though so I don't know about Boro. For wider selection maybe some of the others but for quality customer care they are the best.
Old 2008-08-08, 11:35am

Default Flamedame.com rocks!

I have placed orders with at least a dozen glass suppliers, but I have never had the personal service from anyone else that I always get from Paula at flamedame.com. I appreciate her fast service and easy to navigate website.

For anyone who loves Double Helix, Vetrofond, CIM, Precision and Trautman, Paula has it all! Her great selection saves me time searching multiple sites for what I need. Also, I have never had even one broken rod from her. In fact, I have received broken rods from every other supplier.

Flamedame.com should be at the top of the list!
Old 2008-08-08, 7:31pm
thinking4myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDFYRE View Post
Oh YES ~ MOUNTAINGLASSARTS is just the BOMB ! Extremely helpfull and knowledgable ~ Matches other places pricing AND they are moved into a NEW place and will be carrying Precision and THEY SHIP FAST - I order and I get it next AM ~ WoW THey ROCK - I do NOT order elsewhere ! Although sometimes Rocio for silver glass and their silver jewelry !!!!
Hooray for my fav glass supply place!!
Old 2008-08-09, 1:40am
offically down under

I just received a big box of glass from Paula at Flamedame. Gotta say, I was blown away by her service and communication. Everything was perfectly wrapped and all arrived intact in just under a week which is amazing for international post. Now, the post lady wants to see my work!

Thanks, Paula!

Old 2008-09-09, 2:18pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

I like Olympic Color Rods, Hot Glass Color, Val Cox, Glass Diversions and Glass Alchemy. Also Frantz. Most are in the Pacific Northwest so their shipping is very fast for me.
Old 2008-09-11, 9:14pm
I like to melt things

I have only ordered from Artisans In Glass, but I loved how everything arrived.

All of my rods were packaged by colour in sealed plastic pouches. The pouches were labeled, and for the most part, the rods were NOT. This is great for me because I HATE the labels on the rods. HATE them. Did I mention that I don't like the sticky little annoyances that need to be scraped off every rod?

I cut the corner off the pouch and slide one or two out. The rest stay in, nice and sorted, ready for me to play with them again. The box was well-packed and everything was nestled in bubble wrap and shredded paper.

Their prices are great, too. The lowest I have seen for some things. They gave me free frit, too. I don't like it, but that's not their fault. Someone else will, and I am waiting for my first GEO box to play it forward.

-
-
Old 2008-09-12, 4:59am
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
I have only ordered from Artisans In Glass, but I loved how everything arrived.

All of my rods were packaged by colour in sealed plastic pouches. The pouches were labeled, and for the most part, the rods were NOT. This is great for me because I HATE the labels on the rods. HATE them. Did I mention that I don't like the sticky little annoyances that need to be scraped off every rod?

I cut the corner off the pouch and slide one or two out. The rest stay in, nice and sorted, ready for me to play with them again. The box was well-packed and everything was nestled in bubble wrap and shredded paper.

Their prices are great, too. The lowest I have seen for some things. They gave me free frit, too. I don't like it, but that's not their fault. Someone else will, and I am waiting for my first GEO box to play it forward.
Melanie, do you mean Artistry in Glass in London? If so, I agree!

Old 2008-09-12, 7:43am
Certified Thread Killer

Newbie Here...Does anyone order from Delphi? I have only ordered from Delphi. I'm not saying they are the best...or the worst. I ordered from them before joining LE and finding out there are so many other suppliers out there.
I don't know if they are good or bad. I usually get what I want in a fairly timely manner.

Their shipping seems a little high...

However, I just sent some clip-on diddys back because they didn't fit over my glasses. Let's see how they handle that.

~Rachelle K
Old 2008-09-12, 8:11am
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Melanie, do you mean Artistry in Glass in London? If so, I agree!
That's the place!

I have been buying most of my glass from Joanne at Andrighetti Glassworks, but she doesn't carry CIM yet and I wanted to try some so I did the online ordering thing for my birthday.

Joanne is also great. Very helpful and her studio is a great place to torch on Saturdays.

-
-
Old 2008-09-15, 7:01am
Ellyloo-YAH!

Artistry in glass is great.
I LOOOOVE how you can pay with paypal.

Old 2008-09-19, 3:26am

The only one I've dealt with so far is Frantz, but that's not to say the other ones aren't fabulous. I've found Frantz to be very helpful and accomodative if I call to ask a question about a certain glass or color. And they packed my last order with little pieces of candy.
Old 2008-09-21, 1:06pm

just curious to get your opinion..i placed an order with jo-del on sept 15th and on the 16th i received a flyer that said she was having a blow out 5 day sale..the flyer said that the sale was from sept 15th - sept 21st..i then received a ship confirmation but no sale price..i emailed jo-del and was told that the flyer was wrong and that the sale actually started on the 16th not the 15th..i feel she should honor the email flyer i received and give me the sale price..she refused and accused me of trying to take advantage of the mistake and that i was trying to take advantage by trying to make her feel guilty..what do you think??? thanks in advance..

Old 2008-09-21, 1:13pm

I have only ever had trouble with C&R Loo and will NEVER EVER EVER order anything from them. Even if they had original Terra for 50 cents a rod.... ok maybe then!

They were sooooo rude!!!
Amy